Instant Pot Ultra 6 Qt 10-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Yogurt Maker, Cake Maker, Egg Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, Warmer, and Sterilizer
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Instant Pot Ultra electric pressure cooker is the next generation in kitchen Appliances. A central dial with a simple turn and press provides added precision in program selection and adjustment.
- New features: altitude adjustment, cooking indicator, and a steam release reset button. The Ultra button provides custom programming. The new features include sterilize, cake and egg programs.
- Replaces 10 common kitchen Appliances - pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice/porridge cooker, yogurt maker, cake maker, egg cooker, saute/searing, steamer, warmer, and sterilizer.
- Developed with the latest 3rd generation technology with an embedded microprocessor. The microprocessor monitors the pressure and temperature, keeps time, and adjusts heating intensity and duration.
- UL certified with 11 safety features to provide peace of mind. New steam release reset button for safer handling. All components in contact with food are food grade 304 (18/8) Stainless Steel.
- Accessories included: steam rack (with handles), recipe booklet, serving Spoon, Soup Spoon, measuring cup and user manual. To maximize performance of cooker only use genuine Instant Pot accessories
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Ultra 10-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker
With advanced microprocessor technology, 16 Smart Programs, Stainless Steel Inner Pot, 6 Quart.
A simple turn and press for easier and more precise cooking program selection and adjustment.
New Ultra! Ultimate Custom Programming
For the home chef looking for a greater degree of customization and control for even greater precision cooking.
New! Altitude Adjustment
Eliminates the guesswork from a recipe conversion to provide a more precise cooking time.
New! Cooking Progress Indicator
Now you can monitor the cooking states: Preheat, Cook and Keep Warm.
New Steam Release Reset Button
The Steam Release Button allows you to perform both continuous and pulse steam release manually. Once the Steam Release Button is in 'venting' position, it will automatically reset to the 'sealing' position when you open or close the lid.
Brushed stainless steel finger print resistant with lid holder for left and right handed users.
Stainless Steel Cooking Pot, Steam Rack & Lid
Healthy, food grade 304 (18/8) - no chemical coatings with inner pot markings at 1/2 and 2/3 for pressure cooking safety. The cooking pot, lid and steam rack are dishwasher safe.
Alexa Skill & Free App
Alexa guided cooking, 300+ Recipes, Getting Started Videos, Favourite Recipe List, Personalized Grocery List and more.
UL & ULC certification:
Instant Pot has been designed with 10 safety mechanisms and patented technologies.
Safety Without Compromise
Has been carefully designed to eliminate many common errors which may cause harm
- 1. Pressure Regulator, ensures working pressure below the safety limit.
- 2. Anti-Blockage Vent, prevents food debris from blocking the vent.
- 3. Safety Lid Lock, prevents accidental opening of the cooker while it is pressurized.
- 4. Designed with a sensor for lid position detection, monitors whether the lid is in an unsafe position for pressure cooking.
- 5. Automatic temperature control, regulates temperature based on the type of program being selected.
- 6. High Temperature monitoring, avoids burning food.
- 7. Automatic Pressure Controller, keeps pressure always in the safe range.
- 8. Electrical current and temperature fuse cuts off power if the current or internal temperature exceeds safety limits.
- 9. Excess Pressure Protection, releases excess pressure into internal chamber in a dangerous situation.
- 10. Smart detection of leaky lid (e.g. steam release is in the open position).
- 11. Quick Release Button.
|Lux V3 6Qt||Duo Mini 3 Qt||Duo 6Qt, 8Qt||Duo Plus 6Qt||Smart Bluetooth 6Qt||Ultra 6Qt|
|6-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker||7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker||7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker||9-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker||7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker||10 In 1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker|
|Smart Built-In Programs (microprocessor technology)||12||11||14||15||14||16|
|Pot Size , Heating Element Power, Voltage and Display||6 Quart / 1000W / 120V~60Hz / LED||3 Quart / 700W / 120V~60Hz / LED||6 Quart / 1000W / 120V~60Hz / LED 8 Quart / 1200W / 120V~60Hz / LED||6 Quart / 1000W / 120V~60Hz / LCD||6 Quart / 1000W / 120V~60Hz / LCD||6 Quart / 1000W / 120V~60Hz / LCD|
|Control Type||Button||Button||Button||Button||Button and through Smartphone or tablet||Dial and Button|
|Pressure Cooking Time||Up to 4 hours||Up to 6 hours||Up to 4 hours||Up to 4 hours||Up to 2 hours||Up to 6 hours|
|Safety (UL/ULC certified)||10 Safety Features||10 Safety Features||10 Safety Features||10 Safety Features||10 Safety Features||11 Safety Features. 11th feature - Quick Release Button|
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||12.5 x 13 x 12.5 in||12.6 x 13 x 12.2 in||13.5 x 12.5 x 14 in||13.6 x 11.9 x 13.6 in||14.2 x 14.8 x 14.2 in|
|Material Type||18-8 Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|
|Size||6 quart||6-Quart||6 quart||6 Quart||8 Quart|
|Wattage||—||1,000 watts||—||—||1,200 watts|
Instant Pot Ultra 10 In 1 Multi-Use Programmable Cooker is the next generation in kitchen appliances. Designed for the home chef looking for a greater degree of customization and control for even greater precision cooking. The Ultra combines the functions of a Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice/Porridge Cooker, Cake Maker, Yogurt Maker, Saute/Searing, Steamer, Warmer, Sterilizer, and, a truly new and unique feature, the Ultra program. The 'Ultra' provides complete custom programming for pressure and non-pressure cooking. Now, one can set the exact parameters desired to achieve perfect results each and every time. With the 'Altitude' adjustment, the guesswork is eliminated from a recipe conversion providing a more precise cooking time. Designed with a large, blue LCD display with a 'Cooking Indicator' to provide one a clear visual on the progress of your dish from preheating, cooking, and Keep Warm. A central dial with a simple turn and press provides added precision in program selection and adjustments. And, the new - 'Steam Release Reset Button' ensures the safer handling of the steam release after cooking is completed. Built with 16 smart programs: Soup/Broth, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Cake, Egg, Slow Cook, Saute/Searing, Rice, Multigrain, Porridge, Steam, Sterilize, Yogurt, Warm, Pressure Cook, and Ultra. Now, your favorite dishes are as simple as selecting your preferences and having them ready up to 70% faster. With the 'Sterilize' program one can pasteurize dairy products, sterilize baby bottles, jars, and utensils; as well as, perform certain types of canning much more conveniently than ever before! The 'Cake Maker' is designed to prepare soft and moist cakes and the 'Egg' prepares perfect eggs in just a few minutes. America's most trusted brand has moved into a category of its own with the Instant Pot Ultra!
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Like going to the car dealer for a new car, think of the Instant Pot line of cookers the same way., The Lux is the base model, the Duo is the model up from the base and the Duo Plus two models up from the base and the Ultra is the fully loaded model. Just like the car dealer, - more features means more money. With a street price of $149.00 for the Ultra, you can be patient and find them on sale from time to time. However, in any case $149.00 is a good price for what this cooker can do for you. If you use this cooker you will make up the cost of in saving on not eating out as much. The food you can cook is that good.
I have been cooking in this Instant Pot every day since I received it; sometimes twice a day. I have also made sure to make things that require me to use more than the manual setting that can be created under Pressure Cook or Ultra. Here are my Pros and Cons.
• LCD display - one of the big things I hear in the discussion groups is “I pushed the button and it says “ON”, but I don’t know what is happening. The Ultra has a cooking graph that displays the progress through the preheat, cooking and warming phases so you know right where you are in the process. The LCD display is miles ahead of any of the control panels on any other model offered by Instant Pot.
• Venting, Quick release and the Pressure Regulator are improved. The vent/regulator now is controlled by a separate button - the Quick Release button, Push the button into the locking position and it pops the Vent up to release the pressure, turn the quick release knob and unlock the Vent so it drops back down and stops the pressure from releasing.
• Ultra Program You can set the exact Temp, as low as 104 degree and as high as 208 degrees.
• Set your Altitude and the programing on the Ultra will make the adjustments.
• Aesthetics - It is much more attractive with the LCD panel than the other models
• Sealing ring in lid (silicone) picks up all the cooking smells and this ring stinks. The only solution I found to help take the cooking smell out of the silicone is to run the silicone ring through the dishwasher on the top rack laid flat. This seems to be a on going complaint from many Instant Pot owners
• The Manual is not very detailed. The “Water Test” as know by users is in the manual as “Initial Test Run” on page 14. The instructions for the “Initial Test Run” are incomplete. After instructing to rotate the dial to steam and set the time for two minutes, the manual forgets to tell the user to press the start button next. While the explanations under numbers 6,7 and 8 are important for Pressure Cooking, it is not clear to the user that those are not part of the Initial Test. Since users have adopted the lingo “Water Test”; Instant Pot would be better off changing the future manuals to instruct the “Water Test”. A little more information on the preset programing. The manual talks about making Yogurt, a few more pages like that on the other functions would be helpful.
This really is not a con, but just part of pressure cooking. Pressure cookers are moist cookers so any crispy dish you desired has to be done outside the Instant Pot, so for example Lasagna would be finished under the broiler to get that baked finish. Chicken skin does not come out the same as if it was roasted in the over. For all the other things you can do with your Instant Pot, these things are not a big deal.
Here are some of the items I have prepared with my Instant Pot Ultra and the setting used.
Pressure Cook - Apple Sauce, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Macaroni and Cheese, Slumgullion/ American Goulash
Soup Broth - Split Pea Soup using dry split peas
Meat/Stew - Crack Chicken, Honey Garlic Chicken, Cranberry Brisket, Dr Pepper Ribs, Beef Bourguignon, Bratwurst
Bean/Chili - Black Beans and Smoked Turkey Sausage
Steam - Sweet Potato
Sauté - vegetables and meat for dishes above
Porridge - Steel Cut Oats
Cake - New York Cheese Cake, Pumpkin Cheesecake, Giant Pancake
Egg - Hard Boiled Eggs
Yogurt - Greek Yogurt with 2% milk
Ultra - Sous Vide Tuna Steaks, Tempered Chocolate for candy making.
Many people try to figure out which model is the one for them. If you are a cook or like cooking and know how to cook many items, then you are going to want the flexibility of the Ultra. It is worth every penny and not worth trying to save a few bucks going into the Duo model. Even if you don’t not cook a lot or have a wide range of cooking skills, the LCD panel really takes the mystery out of the pressure cooking cycle which is not available on the Duo or Lux models. Maybe the extra settings will entice novice cooks to try new things.
Another thing I see commented in the forums is that people are afraid to start using their Instant Pot. Either they are afraid of pressure cooking in general or running the Instant pot is too complicated, so why try.
This is a computerized pressure cooker, The venting and pressure regulating system the Ultra is excellent. If you follow some basic rules then you will be cooking worry free for a long time.
1. Always have enough liquid in your recipe, The Instant Pot cannot generate pressure if there is not enough liquid.
2. Do not over fill the pot. The bottom of page 14 in your Ultra manual has a great explanation on how much you can put in your Instant Pot Ultra.
3. After each use, make sure to clean the lid and check to see if the venting system has any food that might block the venting system.
This is a computerized pressure cooker and that makes it light years ahead of your mother’s or grandmother’s pressure cooker. The flexibility that the programming creates for the user makes this one of the more versatile cooking gadgets you can have in your kitchen. The computer programing makes it a safer cooking system compared to a manual stove top pressure cooker.
My family is very typical, our kids have many after school activities, we get home late and no one wants to go through the hassle of cooking. We have a slow cooker, but if we forget to set it up in the morning before we leave the house, it still takes time to put together recipes when we get home. The Instant Pot has changed all that. The pressure cooking system cuts cook times dramatically. Additionally I don’t have to sit over the stove monitoring my cooking food. Once I put all the food in the pot, put the lid on and hit start, I can get many other things done around the house.
My family is eating out less (saving money) and eating healthier, making better food choices than when we are eating out. There are so many recipes out on the internet and in cookbooks that my family looks forward to coming home to eat because it is going to be something good and probably new to us.
Instant Pot really out did themselves this new upgrade.
The home dial is so easy to use, just rotate and push for the program you want and customize from there.
The pressure release button is the game changer that I hoped they incorporated into their previous models and they did with this one. No more ducking steam - just a push of a button at the end of your program or 15 min natural release and your golden.
I already own one instant pot and thought it would be wonderful to have one for veggies & desserts and one for meats.
I purchased this on Sur La Table with a coupon and free shipping so that helped .
I wish I could give this 6 stars!
I finally used the sous vide technique by setting the ultra button to custom and sous viding a couple of beautiful choice ny strips i bought from Costco. The best tasting homecooked steaks I have ever eaten-Restaurant quality! I read seriouseats.com guide on sous vide steaks and proceeded from there. Im never going back to panfried except for the 50 sec. sear. Love this pot!