Instant Pot Ultra 10-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Sterilizer, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker, Cake Maker, Egg Cooker, and Warmer, 6 Quart, 16 One-Touch Programs
|Item Weight||11.83 Pounds|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Instant Pot Ultra-electric pressure cooker is the next generation in kitchen appliances. A central dial with a simple turn and press provides added precision in program selection and adjustment
- New features: Altitude adjustment, cooking indicator, and a steam release reset button. The ultra button for custom programming. The new features include sterilize, cake and egg programs
- Replaces 10 common kitchen appliances: Pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice/porridge cooker, yogurt maker, cake maker, egg cooker, sauté/searing, steamer, warmer, and sterilizer
- Developed with the latest 3rd generation technology with an embedded microprocessor. The microprocessor monitors the pressure and temperature, keeps time, and adjusts heating intensity and duration
- Ul certified with 11 safety features to provide peace of mind. New steam release reset button for safer handling. All components in contact with food are food grade 304 (18/8) Stainless Steel
- Accessories included: Steam rack (with handles), recipe booklet, serving spoon, soup spoon, measuring cup
- Power supply: 120V – 60Hz
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
A simple turn and press for easier and more precise cooking program selection and adjustment.
Ultimate Custom Programming
For the home chef looking for a greater degree of customization and control for even greater precision cooking.
Eliminates the guesswork from a recipe conversion to provide a more precise cooking time.
Cooking Progress Indicator
Allows you can monitor the cooking states: Preheat, Cook and Keep Warm.
Cook rice and steam veggies in the same pot
Quick Release Button
The Quick Release Button allows you to perform both continuous and pulse steam release manually. Once the Quick Release Button is in 'venting' position, it will automatically reset to the 'sealing' position when you open or close the lid.
Brushed stainless steel finger print resistant with lid holder for left and right handed users.
Stainless Steel Cooking Pot, Steam Rack & Lid
Healthy, food grade 304 (18/8) - no chemical coatings with inner pot markings at 1/2 and 2/3 for pressure cooking safety. The cooking pot, lid and steam rack are dishwasher safe.
Alexa Skill & Free App
Alexa guided cooking, 1000+ Recipes, Getting Started Videos, Favorite Recipe List, Personalized Grocery List and more.
Quick start your mornings with a nutritious breakfast in minutes
|Ultra 3QT, 6QT, 8QT||Duo Nova 3QT, 6QT, 8QT, 10QT||Duo Evo Plus 6QT,8QT||Duo Crisp 8QT||Air Fryer Lid 6QT|
|Best for the Home Chef, 10-in-1||Best For Beginners, 7-in-1||Most Innovative, 10-in-1||The Instant Pot That Air Fries, 11-in-1||6-in-1|
|Air Fryer - Even Crisp Technology||✓||✓|
|Cooks up to 70% faster||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|One-Touch Cooking Programs||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Easy Steam Release Feature||✓||✓||✓|
|Easy-Grip Cooking Pot and QuickCool Lid||✓|
|Extra Sealing Ring||✓||✓||✓|
|Cooking Progress Indicator||✓||✓||✓|
Comfort meals in no time
Compare with similar items
Instant Pot Ultra 10 In 1 Multi-Use Programmable Cooker is the next generation in kitchen appliances. Designed for the home chef looking for a greater degree of customization and control for even greater precision cooking. The Ultra combines the functions of a Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice/Porridge Cooker, Cake Maker, Yogurt Maker, Saute/Searing, Steamer, Warmer, Sterilizer, and, a truly new and unique feature, the ultra-program. The 'Ultra' provides complete custom programming for pressure and non-pressure cooking. Now, one can set the exact parameters desired to achieve perfect results each and every time. With the 'Altitude' adjustment, the guesswork is eliminated from a recipe conversion providing a more precise cooking time. Designed with a large, blue LCD display with a 'Cooking Indicator' to provide one a clear visual on the progress of your dish from preheating, cooking, and Keep Warm. A central dial with a simple turn and press provides added precision in program selection and adjustments. And, the new - 'Steam Release Reset Button' ensures the safer handling of the steam release after cooking is completed. Built with 16 smart programs: Soup/Broth, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Cake, Egg, Slow Cook, Saute/Searing, Rice, Multigrain, Porridge, Steam, Sterilize, Yogurt, Warm, Pressure Cook, and Ultra. Now, your favorite dishes are as simple as selecting your preferences and having them ready up to 70% faster. With the 'Sterilize' program one can pasteurize dairy products, sterilize baby bottles, jars, and utensils; As well as, perform certain types of canning much more conveniently than ever before The 'Cake Maker' is designed to prepare soft and moist cakes and the 'Egg' prepares perfect eggs in just a few minutes. America's most trusted brand has moved into a category of its own with the Instant Pot Ultra Delay Start time - Up to 24 hours.
How It Works:
The microprocessor carefully runs lab-tested algorithms to control the time, cooking pressure and temperature to ensure consistent cooking results. Users can customize these settings to control pressure level, adjust cooking time and a cancel button, allowing one to achieve their preferred cooking results. For instance, the “meat/stew” key is programmed to prepare perfectly tender, thoroughly heated meat dishes; however, users can attain fall-off-the-bone results by adjusting the cooking time.
The fully sealed environment traps the flavors, nutrients, and aromas of the food instead of releasing them throughout the home. During pressure-cooking, heat is distributed evenly, deeply and quickly once pressure is built. In addition, minimal water is required for steaming so vitamins and minerals are not leached or dissolved. As a result, greens retain their bright colors and phytonutrients, meats and bones are thoroughly cooked yet tender, and whole grains and beans are soft and delicious, all with remarkable consistency.
Designed to cater to varying tastes and food conditions, Ultra has adjustable settings to achieve one’s desired cooking results; 3 temperatures in ‘Sauté’ for searing, simmering or thickening for a maximum time of 30 minutes, and 3 temperatures in ‘Slow Cook’ to complete the tasks of a common slow cooker, ‘Keep Warm’, and 3 temperatures in ‘Warm’ to preheat food.
The 24-hour delay start allows users to postpone the cooking start to have dinner ready when you are. Automatic ‘Keep Warm’ holds the temperature of the meal until you are ready to serve. With the ultra, one can easily turn the ‘Keep Warm’ function on/off. Power supply: 120V – 60Hz.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Just recently we found that the front dialing button was stuck. I carefully removed it and found that it was bent out of shape in the portion that seats inside of the panel. It is easy to figure out that this could have happened because of the heat that the unit generates (button is made of plastic).
I contacted Instant Pot customer service asking if this was covered by warranty, or if not, how could I purchase a replacement. This is their reply:
Thank you for getting that information to us, it is appreciated.
This piece is not sold separately as the base comes as one full unit. This is not something that is covered under warranty. With that said we can offer you our loyalty price on a new Ultra mini cooker base for $65.95 USD.
Please let us know if you would like to move forward."
I am very disappointed with this reply. I am not willing to buy a whole unit just to replace a small cheap button. I am sure that they have thousands of these buttons at their warehouse. The button is replaceable, you can pull it out and push it back in. It is not a fixed part of the base unit. I am disappointed because this company can not offer me a simple solution for a small problem.
The Ultra Mini is an excellent product. I have solved the button problem by putting it back in and not pushing it all the way in. Works perfectly until I can find a similar button somewhere. It is not a big issue. What is a big issue is the poor customer service attitude of this company.
Like going to the car dealer for a new car, think of the Instant Pot line of cookers the same way., The Lux is the base model, the Duo is the model up from the base and the Duo Plus two models up from the base and the Ultra is the fully loaded model. Just like the car dealer, - more features means more money. With a street price of $149.00 for the Ultra, you can be patient and find them on sale from time to time. However, in any case $149.00 is a good price for what this cooker can do for you. If you use this cooker you will make up the cost of in saving on not eating out as much. The food you can cook is that good.
I have been cooking in this Instant Pot every day since I received it; sometimes twice a day. I have also made sure to make things that require me to use more than the manual setting that can be created under Pressure Cook or Ultra. Here are my Pros and Cons.
• LCD display - one of the big things I hear in the discussion groups is “I pushed the button and it says “ON”, but I don’t know what is happening. The Ultra has a cooking graph that displays the progress through the preheat, cooking and warming phases so you know right where you are in the process. The LCD display is miles ahead of any of the control panels on any other model offered by Instant Pot.
• Venting, Quick release and the Pressure Regulator are improved. The vent/regulator now is controlled by a separate button - the Quick Release button, Push the button into the locking position and it pops the Vent up to release the pressure, turn the quick release knob and unlock the Vent so it drops back down and stops the pressure from releasing.
• Ultra Program You can set the exact Temp, as low as 104 degree and as high as 208 degrees.
• Set your Altitude and the programing on the Ultra will make the adjustments.
• Aesthetics - It is much more attractive with the LCD panel than the other models
• Sealing ring in lid (silicone) picks up all the cooking smells and this ring stinks. The only solution I found to help take the cooking smell out of the silicone is to run the silicone ring through the dishwasher on the top rack laid flat. This seems to be a on going complaint from many Instant Pot owners
• The Manual is not very detailed. The “Water Test” as know by users is in the manual as “Initial Test Run” on page 14. The instructions for the “Initial Test Run” are incomplete. After instructing to rotate the dial to steam and set the time for two minutes, the manual forgets to tell the user to press the start button next. While the explanations under numbers 6,7 and 8 are important for Pressure Cooking, it is not clear to the user that those are not part of the Initial Test. Since users have adopted the lingo “Water Test”; Instant Pot would be better off changing the future manuals to instruct the “Water Test”. A little more information on the preset programing. The manual talks about making Yogurt, a few more pages like that on the other functions would be helpful.
This really is not a con, but just part of pressure cooking. Pressure cookers are moist cookers so any crispy dish you desired has to be done outside the Instant Pot, so for example Lasagna would be finished under the broiler to get that baked finish. Chicken skin does not come out the same as if it was roasted in the over. For all the other things you can do with your Instant Pot, these things are not a big deal.
Here are some of the items I have prepared with my Instant Pot Ultra and the setting used.
Pressure Cook - Apple Sauce, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Macaroni and Cheese, Slumgullion/ American Goulash
Soup Broth - Split Pea Soup using dry split peas
Meat/Stew - Crack Chicken, Honey Garlic Chicken, Cranberry Brisket, Dr Pepper Ribs, Beef Bourguignon, Bratwurst
Bean/Chili - Black Beans and Smoked Turkey Sausage
Steam - Sweet Potato
Sauté - vegetables and meat for dishes above
Porridge - Steel Cut Oats
Cake - New York Cheese Cake, Pumpkin Cheesecake, Giant Pancake
Egg - Hard Boiled Eggs
Yogurt - Greek Yogurt with 2% milk
Ultra - Sous Vide Tuna Steaks, Tempered Chocolate for candy making.
Many people try to figure out which model is the one for them. If you are a cook or like cooking and know how to cook many items, then you are going to want the flexibility of the Ultra. It is worth every penny and not worth trying to save a few bucks going into the Duo model. Even if you don’t not cook a lot or have a wide range of cooking skills, the LCD panel really takes the mystery out of the pressure cooking cycle which is not available on the Duo or Lux models. Maybe the extra settings will entice novice cooks to try new things.
Another thing I see commented in the forums is that people are afraid to start using their Instant Pot. Either they are afraid of pressure cooking in general or running the Instant pot is too complicated, so why try.
This is a computerized pressure cooker, The venting and pressure regulating system the Ultra is excellent. If you follow some basic rules then you will be cooking worry free for a long time.
1. Always have enough liquid in your recipe, The Instant Pot cannot generate pressure if there is not enough liquid.
2. Do not over fill the pot. The bottom of page 14 in your Ultra manual has a great explanation on how much you can put in your Instant Pot Ultra.
3. After each use, make sure to clean the lid and check to see if the venting system has any food that might block the venting system.
This is a computerized pressure cooker and that makes it light years ahead of your mother’s or grandmother’s pressure cooker. The flexibility that the programming creates for the user makes this one of the more versatile cooking gadgets you can have in your kitchen. The computer programing makes it a safer cooking system compared to a manual stove top pressure cooker.
My family is very typical, our kids have many after school activities, we get home late and no one wants to go through the hassle of cooking. We have a slow cooker, but if we forget to set it up in the morning before we leave the house, it still takes time to put together recipes when we get home. The Instant Pot has changed all that. The pressure cooking system cuts cook times dramatically. Additionally I don’t have to sit over the stove monitoring my cooking food. Once I put all the food in the pot, put the lid on and hit start, I can get many other things done around the house.
My family is eating out less (saving money) and eating healthier, making better food choices than when we are eating out. There are so many recipes out on the internet and in cookbooks that my family looks forward to coming home to eat because it is going to be something good and probably new to us.
So I opened a ticket on March 4th and received a reply stating longer than normal wait times. It's now March 13th and my return window through Amazon just closed. So now I'm stuck with a product that doesn't work from a company that doesn't respond.
Do not waste your money or time.
Instant Pot Ultra 6 Qt 10-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Yogurt Maker, Cake Maker, Egg Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, Warmer, and Sterilizer
Top reviews from other countries
- First, I was hoping a 3 qt mini would be enough for me (single guy). I can tell you, while it being OK, I outgrew it on the first day. I believe 6 qt is the way to go, even for a single person. It isn't just about the amount of food you make. You can do so much more with it. No comparison!
- Second, the ultra does not really have any functional differences from the DUO model, apart from different interface. 10 in 1 - is just marketing. I bought a 6 qt DUO, and let me tell you - it is way more convenient to use, since you have buttons instead of a pesky dial, and the venting mechanism is much more robust. The Ultra looks better though. But it comes at the cost of user friendliness and higher price.
I am returning my 3qt Ultra and keeping the 6qt DUO. I love it so much more!!
Have an older 6qt instapot which we love and have used heavily for many years, and were looking forward to upgrading to the 8 quart. After one use making stew, the stainless steel interior pot showed pitting on the inside and out and was leaving a black residue on food and on anything that you wiped the outside of the pot with.....found lots of similar complaints on Amazon.com reviews....never had this problem with the old stainless steel pot. I am very disappointed with the lower quality materials and will just use old one as I do not trust their quality anymore....they have lost a once very loyal and extremely satisfied customer.
The ribs were by far the most tender and fall-off-the-bone ribs I’ve ever had and only took ~1hr to cook. The butter chicken was also unreal.
Note to make sure the top edge of the inner pot is very clean before putting the lid on, I had an issue with the pot not coming to pressure and it was due to the lid not sealing properly because there was a very small amount of residue on that edge.
Se pueden hacer verduras al vapor en sólo 6 minutos, quedan deliciosos y con una consistencia inigualable. El arroz queda hecho por grano, no se pega y no queda pastoso ni acuoso, también queda en sólo cuestión de minutos.
Los programas están diseñados para que la comida quede en su punto si se siguen las medidas y la cantidad de agua recomendada.
Se puede utilizar tanto a presión como con la tapa abierta según lo que se desea preparar.
Viene con una taza para medidas, así como con cuchara y pala, además de una rejilla para hacer comida al vapor.
Algo que es un poco desagradable es que el empaque que va en la tapa se impregna del olor de los alimentos que se preparen y el olor se queda, pero existen repuestos de empaques que se pueden adquirir aunque un poco caros, de modo que se puedan utilizar para ciertos tipos de alimentos sin perjudicar la preparación de otros de diferente olor y consistencia.
Lavarla es un verdadero problema si no tienes una tarja grande o un lavavajillas, pero en general es como con cualquier otra olla de tamaño considerable. Se recomienda tener cuidado con las piezas pequeñas, aislarlas en un lugar donde estén seguras cuando se lave la olla, principalmente porque la junta que viene con la válvula es muy fácil de perder y por su tamaño es fácil que se vaya por el desagüe.
En general se puede convertir en una herramienta de uso cotidiano que puede reemplazar a cualquier olla de presión y hasta sartenes. En precio es relativamente cara a comparación de otras ollas, por lo que se sugiere aprovechar una oferta.
Otra ventaja es que no es nada ruidosa, no se escucha para nada, no se utiliza gas.
Como defecto el cable de alimentación es demasiado corto, algo que debería mejorar en el futuro.
Los modelos actuales ya permiten utilizar wifi para programar la preparación de alimentos, cosa que no tiene este modelo.
En general, es una de las ollas del futuro, por lo que se recomienda para cualquier persona que gusta de comer sano y cocinar fácilmente y sin aceites.