Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only: $44.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on August 5, 2013
I purchased this panel to charge my Duracell DRPP600 Powerpack battery. I use the battery to power my CPAP unit for camping. I needed a battery unit for a week long summer camp session where electric outlets were not available. I set up the panel each morning to top off the battery. The battery charged up each day with direct sunlight. I never ran out. Fantastic unit, super pleased with this purchase.
33 comments| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 15, 2016
I bought this as the companion to the Duracell Pro 1300. I live about 10 hours due west of the Atlantic Ocean and those blasted hurricanes manage to do damage here. We get the occasional power outage that seems to be more frequent in recent years. After Hurricane Ike in 2008 (luckily in Sept. it wasn't cold) I started putting some gear together. This solar panel still charges in partial sun and that is good. If you watch your power usage and don't waste it on 120 v.a.c. devices unless genuinely necessary, you can get along fairly well with 12 volt accessories. Time will truly tell how excellent this solar charger is but I do have good things to say. As I already said it will charge in broken sunlight, you need to move the panel often but there's a lot of extra time in a power outage anyway. It does appear to be good quality. I am a career Master Auto Technician with a great eye for detail and I'd pick it apart if it was shoddy. The cords and attachments also look good, homework was done to seamlessly accommodate other devices like the Duracell Pro 1300 pack with the solar charger.
To recap: Looks/works good. Time will tell ultimately. I hope I never "need" to use it and how much is a little piece of mind worth?
on May 9, 2016
I have yet to test this thoroughly, but am impressed enough after initial inspection to where I can recommend this folding solar panel charging kit as an excellent value.

It is excellent for backpacking. Comes with two USB ports and it I 12 Volt DC and has direct current adapters to top off a small 12 volt 7.2 amp hour battery I have as well as power my phone and camera. It comes with various adapters and it folds up into an attractive notebook size portfolio. Truly a nice product for the price with all that is included.

I will do some performance tests over the course of the next couple of weeks and update this review at that time.
on June 3, 2016
on February 5, 2016
This thing is AWESOME! I use it 2-3x/week to help extend the usage of a PowerPack 600 at a storage unit. It helps add about 20-30% of the capacity of the battery back during the course of a full 6-8 hours (some of which I don't get direct sunlight). I also use it to charge the PowerPack while not at the storage unit. Takes about two bright days to fully recharge the PowerPack, which is pretty impressive given how large the PowerPack is.

This also works great for charging a couple of cell phones or even two tablets. I've been able to fully recharge an iPad and Samsung Tablet at the same time with this!
on December 21, 2014
Instapark plugs into and charges the Clore JNC300XL 'Jump-N-Carry'. The light bulb in Clore pulls out leaving a cigarette lighter to plug other devices into. Instapark does best with direct sunlight. I haven't tried reflective surfaces to improve on overcast days. It's doesn't always charge the batt-pac completely in one day, but it's good enough. When Devil Watt 15W TEG sells on Amazon, the set up will be complete to charge night and day.

I plug Bestek MRI3011BU inverter into the the Clore. I bought the Clore because a reviewer said the battery is replaceable. The battery is small like a motorcycle or exit light battery. Nice.
on September 11, 2013
I have a number of solar panels from both Goal Zero and from Harbor Freight. I use them for emergency power loss back up, as we live in a storm prone area on the coast. Since none of the others has the right size connector, nor the electrical "oomph" to charge my Duracell 600 and Wagen Power Dome units, I was excited when I saw this device claimed to be made for that very thing. I ordered it, but didn't expect all that much, since the solar experience for me has been "so, so" thus far. Long charge times, and batteries that fail quickly.
This, I must admit, is the first thing I have tried and used that has turned that feeling around. I set it up, indoors by a window that usually gets morning sun. Sadly (so I thought), it was a very stormy, cloudy, day. I plugged the Wagen Power Dome in anyway, figuring maybe later today the sky would clear. Instead, in the dark window, the "Charge" light turned on!? I was amazed. In three hours, in this gloom, the Power Dome went from about a half charge to peaked out full! I plugged in my Duracell unit and the charge light came on there too. I was most amazed and impressed. It is charging, now, and has gone from almost zero charge, to over half in about five hours. Again, that is in a dark window! I am already planning to order a few more of these. Nothing I have ever owned or used came close.

I only wish Instapak would offer some kind of storage case, or make this unit a "briefcase" type unit, since it is just a simple panel, with no built in legs or support and more important, no way to protect it, when not in use, other then the Styrofoam/cardboard box it came in. In short, this is a superb solar charging device, and could be made even better with some kind of method of storage/set up, built in.

I highly recommend this, if you are needing to charge some 12 volt devices.
22 comments| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 11, 2016
There customer service was great and helped me figure out how to use all the different parts to hook it up to my Duracell Powerpack Pro 1300. however even though it said it would charge it in a few hours, I never got a full charge even with eight to ten hours of good sun. still it charged the phones with no problem so I still feel I am going to get my money's worth out of it.
on January 2, 2018
Only 27 watts, but very reliable, portable, and useful product. Very versatile with all the accessories you need. You won't be able to run much off this, except using the USB charger to charge phones and tablets, but combine this with a high amp-hour portable battery (like the Anker batteries) and you'll be in great shape when you need power.
on April 25, 2015
Excellent product. The panel is well made, and houses the wiring well (despite a YouTube video showing flimsy wiring - they may have improved, but my panel has a well engineered housing for the wiring).

It comes with a great charge controller, and everything you need to charge a 12 volt battery by alligator clips or a DC input battery (I have the Duracell 600 Power Pack).