Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Assassins Shop Now toystl17_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 34 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 40 reviews
on January 18, 2015
I purchased this book prior to taking the Property and Casualty state test. I read this book cover to cover and then began studying the offered material for the exams and I had a much better understanding than if I would have jumped right into studying. This book does exactly what is says it does...it dumbs down insurance to a point that anyone can understand and draw their own decisions and conclusions on their own coverage. Whether you want to be an agent or just learn alittle more about insurance in general, this is a great resource.
on June 15, 2017
extremely informative, I am studying for my Property and Casualty exam here in Phoenix and decided to get the very basics from this book 1st and then move into an Arizona specific text with practice exams. This manual was actually designed extremely well, good relevant, practical information for the beginner and every day American. I am glad I took the time to read it and fill out my basic knowledge and understanding of insurance.
on October 9, 2016
very useful book.
on November 24, 2012
I only read the portion dealing with Health Insurance as my family was in the market for a new policy. It did a good job of describing the general principles so that I could speak more intelligently with our insurance agent, but because the copyright is 2009, it is obviously missing details on the Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare). I have not yet read the other sections, so I cannot comment on those.
on April 30, 2016
It explains insurance the way anyone could understand.
on July 11, 2016
The Dummies books are great and this one should be added to the list. Good info to make informed decisions without a sales slant or bias.
on February 16, 2016
I ordered it because I thought the Affordable Care Act was included but it is not. This book's copyright is 2009.
on January 27, 2017
Everyone with any assets should read this.
on July 31, 2015
Seems very well written. However, I have just received it so I will give a better rating later!
on October 2, 2013
If you just want an overview, and a good one at that, this is a good place to start. I was especially impressed with the section on health insurance. This edition was published before the Affordable Care Act, but it still covers Medicare surprisingly well.

So I liked the book, but one is constantly reminded that it was written by someone in the insurance business who believes in the product. The more the better. If you're looking for strategies to beat the insurance racket, the pickings are far and few.

Nevertheless, for someone who knows very little about insurance (like me), this book will bring you up to speed on the subject very quickly.