Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 14 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 33 reviews
on April 1, 2012
I have had this 6 months. It works OK with OS X Lion, except when I actually use the alternative settings which then the software does not allow me to print anything! The scans are long takes actually 1-1/2 hours to scan my macbook. Even though I have auto update, I have to update manually or nothing happens.

My iMac running snow leopard is even worse. Blocks Yahoo content and then even if I get in it is horribly slow (minutes to access site?) Same issue, if I do not turn off X6 my computer will not print.

I had issues and contacted Intego. Their suggestion was to hit return to default and try. Yeah that works, but then, why am I paying for all the bells and whistles associated with their product if it renders my surfing non-usable?

I have went to Sophos (free I may add) and have had none of these issue. Still can run custom scans and allows me to print. When my year of use is up my Macbook will then run Sophos as well, Intego will be in the trash can! Horrible piece of Mac software.
on July 16, 2014
Great virus barrier. I renewed each year of the three years I had my Mac Book Pro. Sadly the week or month after the subscription ended, I got a virus or something. My laptop started to run way slower and it finally was just too slow and had a bit of glitches. I noticed that it was definitely after the Virus software expired. Sad...
on September 20, 2011
i purchased this software after a malware hit me. i prefer the malware. virus barrier has not only slowed my system down, but has made it almost impossible to access my email, and sites i used to visit on a regular basis are non-loadable. when i tried to remove the software, no go. i had to make a trip to the apple store to get tech to remove the software. he was obviously frustrated, but finally managed to remove the nasty thing. my system runs so much better, i will not reload a virus barrier again.
on April 11, 2012
I bought a 2-user VBX6 and both Macbooks experience the same problem.

Computers freeze often, are slow to respond to commands, and windows and tabs crash.

The Macbook Pro froze while watching a video. There were no other windows open. I closed the window but the dialogue was still ongoing. Then I folded down the monitor to put the computer to sleep. The morning after, I opened (unfolded) the computer. The cursor is there and it goes where I point it to but I couldn't execute any commands. I couldn't click on anything. When I slide the cursor down to the dock, the dock never surfaces. I had to shut down the computer.

After a threat was recognized in the Macbook, I chose to "Block" it. Right after I blocked the threat, the Macbook froze. I waited for about half an hour for the computer to "unfreeze". Never happened. I couldn't even do a Force Quit. So I had to press the power button to shut it off.

I contacted Intego CS and John was helpful but it didn't solve the problem. He asked me to run a logging script which he sent as attachment and I sent him back the output file it created as per his instruction. Didn't find anything really substantial. There were other kinks in the process he and I tried to iron out but the issues still persist.

I have lost count how many times I've had to prematurely shut down my computers while on freeze which everyone know does not do a computer good, but it was a dead end situation and there was nothing else that can be done but that. The spinning rainbow-colored wheel is all the activity there is. I couldn't click on anything. I couldn't execute any command. I even left the computers on for the day while on freeze hoping that when I get back from work it would have unfrozen by then, but it was not the case.

It's my first time using an Intego product and I must say the experience has been very frustrating and disappointing, considering all the reviews that made me decide to purchase it in the first place. These incidences never happened until I installed VBX6. So for me, Intego's VBX6 is NOT "The best Mac security software" as it boasts on the product box, and it is NOT "The best program to stop Mac and Windows malware" as how the Amazon reseller J&R Music World described it. I have spoken with Giselle, a J&R Music World CS Agent, and am in the process of returning the product.

I resolve never to use Intego's VBX6 ever again, and from now on will take extra caution about using any Intego product in the future.
on October 29, 2012
I purchased this software because it has the top ratings for a Mac anti-virus product. I am computer savvy but find this software less than easy to figure out. Next time I may go back to Norton, which has a more seamless integration. Will have to wait and see how Virus Barrier works for this next year
on December 12, 2013
Although this product might have better if it was up dated version,,nor was it so hard to delete this clearly of my system,,still having residual effects of this product still on my hard drive.
on November 29, 2012
I'm not well versed in software, much less antivirus software in general. If the software is running in the background it slows my Mac book Pro down considerably. I guess this is normal? The user interface is easy to use and self-explanatory.
on May 26, 2013
This product was too high maintenance for me and my Macbook. It wasn't really necessary for my Macbook since most viruses are made for windows computers.
on March 28, 2013
The product did not work as well as we had expected and we sold the old computer and bought a new one.
on November 2, 2011
Purchased this because my subscription to VirusBarrier X5 was expiring. Downloaded and installed and went through the Netupdate process and when I get done my machine (Late 2008 MacBook Pro with 4Gb ram, OS X 10.7.2) experiencing constant spinning wheel and Force Quit showing various programs "not responding". Uninstall X6 and it all goes away. Check disk permissions and do a repair disk (no problems) and do a reinstall of X6. Back to beachballs and "not responding). Turn real time scanning off and problems go away.

Real time scanning essentially makes my computer worthless. I had noticed occasions with X5 where it ran slowly with real time scanning turned on but this is MUCH worse. I have it turned off now and deciding whether to seek my money back or wait and hope Intego fixes the problems with a subsequent release (the current version is 10.6.14).

If you have Lion, I would not recommend this program if you want real time scanning as an option.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.