Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

Integrative Nutrition
Format: Hardcover|Change

on February 3, 2013
This was a great book and a fresh look at the very emotive and broad topic of nutrition. In the book Joshua talks about the components beyond just what we put in our mouths. That our results from nutrition are also highly impacted by the relationships we are in or have, plus the work we are doing and our general mental outlook - all which have a huge impact on the internal health that we experience. So great perspective and very well presented.

He also talks about there being many types of diets and many types of people, so rarely does one size fit all. I think this is definitely applicable, but it makes it a little hard for someone reading the book to know what path to go down. Although he does talk about general principles which is important.

I would definitely recommend this for anyone that is interested in the field of nutrition and looking at it with a broader viewpoint. Highly informative.

Plus I had to agree with him, when at the start of the books he talks about how impacted and misled we are by the big players in the good and pharmaceutical industry.

Good read. Do check it out.
on January 2, 2014
I have read a lot of holistic nutrition books over the past two years and this is hands down one of the best. In fact, I'd say this one and Kris Carr's books are musts for anyone who wants to get healthy. I loved the accessible writing style, clear and well-researched explanations and personal anecdotes that put everything into context. The exercises and discussions of primary food were also highlights for me.
on January 26, 2012
I found this book to be very informative, fair and insightful. It addresses pretty much all aspects dieting. The book also gives helpful tips to improve all areas of your life. It also shares some philosophical views that I found to be very intriguing. Philosophies such as people looking like the food they eat (an overweight person who eats a lot of beef looking like a cow, etc). I learned a lot of things that I haven't found in other health books like how to recognize organic foods from the PLU code. This can be used as a reference and a workbook due to the exercises and the end of the chapters. Buy the book, you won't regret it!
on March 19, 2014
Very informative without being dry and statistical. Covers a lot of area without boring you. Encourages an open mind towards all nutrtion and doesn't try to slant or sell the reader on one way of nutrition or another. There are a lot of contributors to the book who tell their story on their health journey so you get more than just the authors perspective. Inspiring. I learned a lot and I learned that I knew a lot.
on May 19, 2010
This is a great book, well written and well paced. Nutrition is a complex subject, which does include lifestyle, personal habits and relationships because all of those influence nutrition and health. Rosenthal does an excellent job of weaving all of it together. I especially like his advice to add, not subtract, healthy foods and practices. They do, indeed, crowd out the unhealthy.
on August 17, 2013
This goes through the situation we are in regarding the US and weight problems.. the problems with dieting and how to break down your cravings. I appreciate this perspective so much that I became a health coach myself.

This book also presents ideas that you can try for yourself to bring more awareness with food and your lifestyle.

Great recipes in the back too...
on August 10, 2013
I bought this book on the recommendation from a friend. The best book I've bought so far on Health and Nutrition. Like the recipes and all the work that Mr. Rosenthal went into to write this book. It is an eye opener on health and nutrition.
on May 24, 2012
I loved this book, very well written and speaks my language -- clean eating. I don't believe in dieting to lose weight, I do believe in exercise, and clean eating. The author takes it one step further, he discusses the pairing of foods and how it enhances their nutritional value. This is not a diet book, this is a book about making a lifestyle change.
2 people found this helpful
on July 28, 2013
The book gives a lot of useful information that can be used every day. a lot of recipes to use.
One person found this helpful
on December 25, 2014
Not what i thought. It seems to be about the history of nutrition and less about nutritional recommendations and facts.
3 people found this helpful