|Item model number||BXRTS2011AC|
|Item Weight||1.1 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||4.5 x 6 x 6 inches|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||4.5 x 6 x 6 inches|
Intel Thermal Solution Air
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Compatibility: Socket 2011
- Manufacturer Warranty: 3 years warranty
- Designed For: P/N: BX80619I73820, BX80619I73930K, BX80619I73960X
Customers also shopped for
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Intel Thermal Solution RTS2011AC - Processor cooler - ( Socket 2011 ) - for P/N: BX80619I73820, BX80619I73930K, BX80619I73960X.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I figured that I would order the Intel stock air cooled thermal solution, BXRTSLGA2011AC, until I could find something better suited to my needs. Yes, I was aware that almost everyone criticises the stock Intel HSF. But for $19.99, I wasn't gonna keep about a grand worth of parts laying on the table waiting for assembly.
When I got the Intel HSF, initial inspection left me with the feeling that this would be a VERY TEMPORARY stop gap solution.
The Heatsink was of modest size, and the fan blew down upon it, Which I liked, but it was almost entirely constructed of aluminum. Only a thin sliver of copper was used on the bottom to make contact with the processor's heat spreader.
What was even more shocking, and disappointing was that the heatsink's contact area was round, and only covered approximately 60 percent of the processor's heat spreader!
I THOUGHT NO WAY WAS THIS THING GONNA DISSIPATE 130 WATTS OF GENERATED HEAT!
The heatsink came with a thin layer of thermal paste pre-applied. With thirty years of dealing with computers, one realizes that manufacturers prepare their products for distribution assuming the worst situations in the field. They are much more concerned that something will at least work out of the box, rather than work well. Thus one finds heatsinks with too much thermal paste. This will assure the vendor that at least "some" sort of contact will be made, but not necessarily the best contact.
I removed about 80 percent of the thermal compound that was pre-applied. I spread the remaining 20 percent into the thinest layer posssible on the heatsink contact area.
Mounting the HSF went fairly well. I prefer the new spring loaded screws to the older push-pins and fancy latch contraptions. The screws had to be pushed down quite a way before they would catch. Attention also had to be paid to the order of tightening the screws.
Intial power-up gave me one of the most pleasant surprises I have had in a long time. The system was very quiet, almost silent. In fact, so quiet that if I wanted to tune for noise, I could probably make it silent.
The temps were so low that I figured maybe I wasn't pushing it hard enough.
The Heatsink was to cool an Intel XEON E5-1620, very similar to i7-3820
So I ran 8 threads of Prime95 @ 3.6GHz
With an open case, and room temps of about 72F, the CPU never rose above 122F and the fan hovered around 1900 RPM!
Bottom Line: If one knows how to apply it correctly, this Heatsink will cool a 130 watt TDP processor, running 8 threads, full tilt, very quietly. (Not quite silent at 1900 RPM but still very quiet). Also, this is half the weight and size of full tower Heat sinks which can cause your board to flex and short out.
Simplicity wins the day