Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Digital Albums Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 569 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 618 reviews
on August 6, 2013
I think no matter where you look, you'll generally find good reviews for this CPU. I personally have nothing bad to say about it, this is the CPU I picked for my first gaming build. Originally, I planned to buy an i7. However with a little research, I found that dollar for dollar, the i7 simply wasn't worth it. The performance increase wasn't worth the extra money, which got me searching for an i5. I think this is a wonderful higher end i5 and works beautifully for me when gaming both online and off when paired with my Asus P877-V LX LGA motherboard. One of my favorite games is League of Legends, and I'm able to run it with the highest end graphics via a VGA Sapphire 100358L HD7770 1G just fine.

The package comes with the CPU as well as a round Intel heat sink with pre-applied thermal compound, so no need to go through the effort of buying a tube and then wondering how much to apply (perfect for first time builders!). I think the price is very reasonable for both, since you'll end up spending at least $30 for a standard heat sink. I personally did not use the heat sink included, I purchased a contained liquid cooler (CORSAIR CW-9060007-WW) for it which seems to work great. Some reviewers mention that this CPU tends to run hot if you really work it, so keep liquid cooling in mind when considering cooling options.

Honestly if you're thinking about upgrading your computer or building a new one, consider this CPU! Save a little money getting a top of the line i7 and go with an SSD instead, (I loaded Windows on my Samsung SSD and startup time is approx 15 seconds, restart is around 30) you won't regret it.
on July 15, 2012
The CPU itself is great! I overclocked it to 4.2 Ghz, and my gaming DIY PC was a star! The integrated graphics without the drivers are horrible. But installing the drivers makes all the difference: 1.0 (without drivers)->6.7 (with drivers) on the Windows Experience Index (rating from 1.0 to 7.9) for graphics and gaming! It was even better than my ATi Radeon HD 6450! (It scored 4.4 and 4.6, for Aero and Gaming, respectively)

But the CPU cooler was the only con. And it was a biggie. I can take Intel's side in saying most people don't like the risk of overclocking. But then again, this is an unlocked CPU that was meant for overclocking!

The temperatures were 35 Celsius idle, 70 Celsius while gaming, at 3.4Ghz (Turbo Boost was off). But going to 4.2 Ghz meant 65 Celsius idle, and 100+ Celsius doing simple browsing! Of course, I turned the PC off immediately and never used it again until I installed a different Cooler Master CPU cooler.

Though I recommend the CPU, I think you should order a Hyper 212 Plus or some other CPU fan with it.

EDIT: Even though the included fan was bad, the Rocketfish one I ordered was even worse. Due to this I am changing my review to 5 stars.

EDIT2: Actually, the fan is pretty good if you don't use the CPU in the background (antivirus and BOINC). The temperatures are 10 Celsius lower than with BOINC running.
on September 2, 2012
I'll be brief, as there are a lot of reviews that highlight the technical aspects of this processor. I replaced a five year old Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz processor with this model, and let me tell you, it makes an incredible difference. Night and day doesn't begin to describe it. As I was building my system, I knew that I wanted an overclock, and the factory cooler just wouldn't do the job. I installed a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus CPU Cooler with Four Direct Contact Heat Pipes (RR-B10-212P-G1), which at less than $30, is a simple upgrade that makes a HUGE difference in processor cooling capability.

Overclocking report: runs fine at 4.4 GHz at stock voltages. I could certainly start bumping up voltage a couple spots and squeeze a little more speed out of this proc, but if you look at temperature vs voltage charts for Ivy bridge procs, they really start taking off once you go a few spots above stock voltage. The cost-benefit for me just didn't add up. Here are some numbers:

Original speed: 3.4 GHz
Overclocked speed: 4.4 GHz
Voltage, as reported by CPU-Z: 1.15-1.16
Peak temperature Prime95 for 1 hour: 66c
Peak temperature under normal use: 52c

So I am well within the appropriate temperature range for this processor. My case and airflow design may have something to do with that, so consider that carefully when building a system. I have 3 80mm and 1 120mm filtered fans blowing in, and two 120mm fans blowing out. Positive pressure design, keeps dust out, but tons of airflow.

This review went a LOT longer than I thought, so here's the conclusion. If you need a new processor, and want something that can handle just about everything you could throw at it, there is no bigger bang-for-the-buck deal than this model. Spend the time to research every component of your build though, as it will only be as good as the weakest link.
on May 23, 2016
I originally bought this chip to upgrade a 3 yr old desktop i3 "brand name PC" with fully compatible LGA-1155 board. Bios had issues. So I just built a new computer. I bought this chip as a "Used" i5 3570k and it booted fine in a new motherboard (MSI H61M-P31/W8) no problems. It was indeed a i5 3570k, the real thing. I tried a few basic games and it works fine in a custom built rig with Linux Mint. I couldn't be happier now. If you intend to upgrade any "store bought PCs" processor, be warned though, it may not work. But if you build your own computer with a proper motherboard, socket and bios, it really screams. That is what I ended up doing.

FYI... If you foolishly try to upgrade the processor in any recent "store bought" PC like I did, even if the specs check out "Option Upgrade" and you have done all the research, that is Intel's compatibility list only! The Brand Name PC has a (custom bios setup), which may only work with the factory processor installed. With this extreme chip, build your own PC to be exactly what you want.
on May 30, 2017
This CPU, along with the MSI mainboard it's in, has been running like a champ for over four years. I have made some upgrades with my system, such as adding SSDs, memory, and upgrading the video card, but the CPU is still tacking everything that I need to do with ease. I was surprised when I realized how old my machine actually was (not including upgrades). I recently contemplated upgrading it, but, it still runs all my favorite games, including newer games, and other apps great.
on April 5, 2013
The 3570k is one FAST CPU. And it's highly overclockable. I have my 3570k at 4.5Ghz right now and with this overclock I'm normally faster than a 3770k in most benchmarks, even multithreaded ones. And I'm a whole lot faster in single threaded benchmarks.

The reason I love the 3570k is because it's the most powerful CPU, per core, on the market. Meaning one of a 3570k's cores are just as powerful, if not more, than any other CPU on the market. The 3570k is even faster than a 3970x if your only using one core.

So in single-threaded programs, or programs that use 4 cores or less, and a lot of programs and 99.99% of games use 4 cores or less, this CPU will perform better than ANY other. The only time a 3570k's performance is less than a 3770k or 3970x, is when you start to use 5+ cores. Like in rendering and things of that nature. But even with rendering and multithreaded applications the 3570k is no slouch. In fact, a 3770k only gives you about a 20-40% performance gain, but only while using all 8 threads. 40% may seem like a lot but that's the absolute maximum it can be. On average the performance gain is around 25%.

This is exactly why I love this processor. For people like me who only game and surf the internet and use iTunes and do all the normal things people do, your processor absolutely can't get any faster than this 3570k can. That's just a fact. And for only around 200$ you can't beat the price/performance ratio. Sometimes it can be worth going with the 3770k, or 3930k, or 3970x, but for me, I wouldn't see any performance improvement with any of those. Sometimes I could actually see less, since the 3930k and 3970x are Sandy Bridge processors that aren't as powerful per core as the 3570k.

My advice is to buy this CPU. You can't get any better of a CPU for all of your day to day tasks. Especially gaming, this thing is beastly. Before I got this CPU I was thinking if I should spend the extra 100$ on the 3770k and I wondered if it would be worth it. And for what I do, it's not worth one penny more. In fact, nothing I do on a daily basis would be faster on a 3770k than a 3570k. The 3770k may make sense for some people, but for most, the 3570k is THE way to go.
on May 2, 2012
I am pleased with this cpu so far, I paired it with a GA-Z77-DS3H that came loaded with an older F2 bios without any issues. The onboard video is actually fairly decent and will suffice most home users and casual gamers needs, it can run most current titles on med-low settings at decent frame rates.

Despite what others are saying, this cpu runs cool especially paired with a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus. The boxed cooler on this unit is almost embarrassingly small especially when this is an unlocked "K" model meant for overclocking. Im hitting mid 30's and it is not much warmer than ambient temps.

The amazon price is a bit higher than Intel initially announced, but overall not a bad value given most people are getting 4.5-5.0ghz on these things.
88 comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 27, 2014
Finally finished piecing together my new PC and gave it some time to test it out. Most of my decision making was the result of reviews from here (Amazon) and forums on tomshardware.com.

-NZXT Guardian 921 RB ATX Mid Tower Case, Black 921RB-001-BL
-Intel Core i5-3570K
-Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
-EVGA GeForce GTX760 SuperClocked w/ACX Cooler (02G-P4-2765-KR)
-Corsair Vengeance Blue 8GB (2x4 GB) (CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B)
-Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155 (GA-Z77X-UD3H)
-OCZ Technology Fatal1ty 750W (OCZ-FTY750W)
-Intel RTS2011LC Liquid-Cooling Kit
-Samsung 840 SSD 500GB (MZ-7TD500BW)
-D-Link AirPlus DWL-G520 Wireless PCI Adapter(rev.B)

Boot up is less than 10 seconds from power button to login. At resolution 1920x1200 with most settings on high (using NVidia GeForce Experience recommendations) gameplay is smooth and pretty with Assassins Creed IV, League of Legends, Rage, Path of Exile, Diablo 3, StarCraft 2, & Heroes of the Storm. All the fans are not loud at all and go unnoticed with the box under my desk. The lights look awesome from the fans, psu, & Intel CPU cooler. The case has 3 thermometers labeled for CPU, HDD, and SYS. They make for a nice LED display on the front but placing them in the case is a little tricky. I use HWMonitor to watch temps and so far nothing has gone over 55 Celcius. Gigabyte has some proprietary software w/ their motherboard. I have attempted the auto overclocking program labeled EasyTune but have not had much luck with it. Ended up keeping CPU at it's original 3.4 GHz since there isn't really a need to push it more than that currently. In the future I may try manually overclocking in the BIOS. The BIOS is extremely easy to navigate and has a plethora of configuration options and adjustable parameters.

Overall, system works flawlessly and is everything I wanted with the potential for easy upgrading in the future. Hope this helps if anyone is shopping around and doing some research.
on August 26, 2012
This is probably the best bang-for-the-buck quad core CPU out there as of press time! If you're like me and don't game but instead do CPU intensive operations such as video encoding, then this is the CPU for you. The integrated HD4000 graphics are on par with a "decent" mid-range GPU & power consumption is quite low on these Ivy Bridge CPUs. The lower power consumption of the Ivy Bridge CPUs will pay for it self over time if you live in an area with high electricity rates.

Enough has been written about the performance of these CPUs, so here's my setup & results:
Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H BIOS rev F6
i5-3570k (Costa Rica Fab) OC'd to 3.8GHz
Cooler Master Hyper 212+ CPU Cooler
Samsung 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 OC'd to 1800MHz
Samsung 830 series 128GB SSD
Cooler Master Elite 430 Case
Cooler Master eXtreme 500W PSU

Idle: 1600MHz, 45W at PSU, 28C at CPU
Max Load: 3800MHz, 90-95W at PSU, 58C at CPU [Handbrake High Profile H.264 encode]

Using Win8 RP, but will switch to Mountain Lion soon. Win8 rates CPU at 7.8 & 3D graphics at 6.4 when OC'd.

The only drawback is the included CPU cooler is a joke; you probably knew that since this is an unlocked 'K' version.
on April 26, 2013
Replaced the trusty, but aged E8400 Wolfdale with this and am extremely happy. The 8400 never missed a lick, and probably logged a million hours of gaming. So far, I have nothing to suggest any lesser performance from this newer workhorse.

Runs everything - and I mean EVERYTHING we throw at it, runs it well, and runs it smoothly at stock settings. Finally went with water cooling, and while the old system ran fine, it did run hot - a couple of times SO hot it started artifact-ing and 'sparkling' under stress until we blew out all the cooler fins and plugged it back in for another year. This chip runs 24/7, games for a good percentage of that time, and has NEVER exceeded 42c. (Normal idle is mid 30s) Not a stutter, hiccup or bump since it was installed, powered up and booted the first time.

Should the need arise, according my motherboard, it will OC like a big dog (preset on my MB will crank it up to 4.8), LUCID has reduced GPU temps as a bonus, and I'm a happy camper ... oh wait - I hate campers, but you get my drift.

It runs Photoshop and Premiere like it's strolling a beach, encodes x264 in several iterations in a tiny fraction of the time I'm used to, and mutlitasks MUCH better than I do.

Thought about going to the dark side (AMD), but held fast and very happy I did. Thought about the 3770, but my research indicated there would be no improvement in gaming, so the extra $ could not be justified. I'm all about best bang for the buck, and fully believe THIS to be it if you're even a part-time gamer. If all you do is render video, the move up might make sense, but for me, it did not.

I can't think of any way I could be more pleased with the performance (obviously unless it were free), and I'd buy it again without a thought.