Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on June 11, 2013
Not the fastest processor out there (in fact it's one of the slowest Xeon processors available) but it is perfect for my needs. After outgrowing my Windows server, I ventured out to build my own and this little chip has been a fantastic workhorse. I can stream multiple lossless blu-ray movies while also listening to music stored on the server all at the same time (some network issues, but that's not this guy's fault).

Overall a great value when looking for a multi-core server processor. Very satisfied. I don't love it (as who wouldn't want more power/speed/threads/etc) but for what it is, it's fantastic.
on February 26, 2012
I assembled a couple of pc's for computational works. Core i5-2500, Xeon E3-1220 and Xeon E3-1230. The performances have been very close. Xeon costs more in the RAM (with ECC). But it also works with non-ECC RAM.

Compared with a laptop with i3-330M, E3-1220 is around 3 times faster under single core, and 6 times faster under multi-core (running MATLAB).

The price is much lower than i7-2600, with HT technology cut.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.