- Brand Name: Intel
- Model Number: BX80623G530
- Processor Count: 2
- Computer CPU Speed: 2.4 GHz
- Computer CPU Manufacturer: Intel
Intel G530 CPU 2.40 GHZ 2M CACHE 2.4 2 LGA 1155 Processor (BX80623G530)
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
I built an HTPC system using this processor and am thrilled with it. 1080p video streams smoothly. So far this processor has handled with ease everything I have asked it to do.
It only has Intel HD 1000 graphics but its more than enough especially if you're considering other low-end CPUs. Anything other than the stock cooler will be overkill for this. Remember to never touch the underside of the CPU or the pins on the motherboard!
-Background info: I'm a PC repair tech for a living and I have to know my stuff. :)
A few points of note:
1. Fits in a standard 1155 slot, so basically any standard motherboard these days.
2. Idles at a very low power. When my hard drives spin down, my whole system eats only 35 watts (at the outlet), and my power supply is by no means efficient. So this thing is really sipping the juice.
3. Amazingly cheap. This is about the cheapest processor money can buy. The processor and motherboard I bought together cost less than an atom set, which is really something. And it performs much better, and I hear it idles at a lower power as well (though it uses more while working).
4. The heat sink on this is quite small. And it has a standard fan on it. I can work it as hard as I want and it never warms up. I bet with a decent aftermarket CPU heatsink you could go passive with this chip. Very cool.
Overall a good processor at a great price. This chip basically makes those atom chips look pretty bad. Unless you really need every last watt for your application, this chip wins over atom quite handily.
There really isn't anything more to say other than to get this processor now before it either runs out of supply or discontinued. If you are going for a budget build, you can't go wrong with this one. I initially wanted to purchase a AMD Sempron processor for a little less than this one but I figured what the heck? For a few more bucks, I can get a dual core processor! It's a no brainer.
HD playback 1080p No problem, Netflix YouTube 1080p looks great. I was able to run two 1080p videos on two separate monitors with no additional video card, CPU goes to 90-100% while playing YouTube 1080p (on two monitors!!!).
I rarely ever see this CPU go to 100% under normal use, unless you are a gamer this is all you need as an average PC user.
I see that, almost all the time it down-clocks itself to 1.6 instead of 2.4 so getting a faster clock is probably will not make a huge differences.
I built this to do some handbrake, video watching, email, youtube etc.
This processor does the job!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Used for a home theater pc. Made it in 2012 now in Dec 2015 I've still not had a blue screen.Published 8 months ago by xyen305
Like all Intel products this is very nice; but not for Volunteered Number Crunching if credits are an object :^]Published 22 months ago by Solely Bilbo
I ordered this processor used. It works ok, but wasn't packaged very well during shipping. The used one didn't included a CPU fan, but I knew that when I ordered it. Read morePublished 22 months ago by The Penguin
Not the fastest kid on the block but does what it needs too...Published on July 7, 2014 by Kevin Khan
Great for a car pc. Low power and fairly quick for the proper need. not fast compared to newer i7 but it's good for minimalist aplications.Published on December 23, 2013 by V. Mariano
Bought this for a gaming rig I was building for a friend. Did exactly what I needed. Friend's happy, I'm happy. No problems!Published on October 21, 2013 by A. Nonymous