|Processor||2.7 GHz Core i5-5250U|
|Graphics Coprocessor||Intel HD GMA 6000|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||2|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Intel NUC NUC5i5RYK with Intel Core i5 Processor 2.7 GHz (BOXNUC5I5RYK)
|Price:||$367.55 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 5th Generation Intel Core i5-5250U Processor
- Dual-Channel DDR3L 1600/1333 (1.35V), 16 GB Max Supported (Sold Separately)
- Storage: Internal Support for M.2 SSD card (22x42, 22x60, or 22x80)
- Networking: Intel 10/100/1000 Mbps Network Connection
- 19V, 65 W wall mount AC-DC Power Adapter
- Intel HD Graphics 6000
- OS Certs: Windows 8.1 Logo. OS Compatibility: Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Fedora, OpenSUSE
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the manufacturer
How do you use your Intel NUC?
- Multiple HD Displays: Because one HD screen is never enough.
- Rapid Start: Less Waiting. More Gaming.
- Multiple Ports: Room for the peripherals so you can drive like you do in real life.
- Supports 4K Display: For immersive visuals.
- Smaller Than a DVR: Or your grandma’s VCR.
- Built-In Wi-Fi: So you can stream all the Netflix* you want.
- Vesa Mount: DIY your own All in One with a single screwdriver.
- Bluetooth: Hook up your Bluetooth speakers and go all retro boombox cool.
- Storage: Up to 2 TB of storage for all the pictures of kittens and tacos that you take.
Game On Your TV From Your PC
Intel NUC allows gamers to bring their mainstream gaming experience into the living room. With its ample graphics performance, the Intel NUC can power your mainstream, casual, and indie game catalogues from the couch. What once was an experience only to be had on the small screen of your desktop or laptop can now be realized and shared on the full-size high definition display located in a common area of your home.
Intel NUC gives you the power you need to play, entertain, and inspire. Get the powerful capabilities of a complete desktop system packaged into four small inches, including built-in WiFi, Bluetooth, and mini HDMI. Experience eye-popping visuals and immersive 7.1 surround sound, all in a stylish Mini PC that can easily fit into any room.
Shrink Your Desktop
Shrink your desktop with the Intel NUC, featuring Intel Anti-Theft Technology and support for Vesa-mount brackets. From school and university computer labs to government and nonprofit organizations, the thin, Intel NUC form factor is perfect for small spaces.
Intel NUC (Barebone Kit), Core i5-5250U (Up to 2.70 GHz, 3MB Cache, 2 Cores/4 Threads), Up to 16GB DDR3L Memory, M.2 SSD Slot, 1x Mini DisplayPort, 1x Mini HDMI, Gigabit LAN, Wireless-AC 7265 WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0
Top customer reviews
I purchased the unit along with 8GB of Crucial DDR3-1600 memory, a 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 SSD, a 23" ASUS IPS display, the Logitech K360 wireless keyboard, a mini-HDMI to HDMI cable, and a copy of Windows 8.1. The i3 model with 4GB of RAM and a 250GB SSD would probably be enough for most users.
I love the build quality and design of this unit - it is shockingly small and runs extremely quiet and cool. The M.2 SSD is super fast and represents a massive upgrade over my old laptop drive. WIndows 8.1 is great once you install Classic Shell. The custom motherboard has everything I need - four USB 3.0 ports, Bluetooth 4.0, and WiFi.
The installation instructions are adequate - I don't believe the average person will have much trouble installing the RAM and SSD. The Windows 8.1 installation was quick and painless using a USB stick, although I did have to download the latest BIOS and drivers from Intel's website before I could get my wireless and ethernet working.
Overall, I am very pleased with my purchase and look forward to using this device for years to come.
My OS install notes: If you use Rufus to create a bootable USB install drive, the partition scheme (for the USB drive) must be set to "GPT partition scheme for UEFI computer" and the file system must be "NTFS". That was the ticket to a smooth and fast Windows 10 install via UEFI boot. Originally, I used a Mac superdrive and Disk Utility to make a disk image (.iso file) of the Windows 10 install DVD. Then I used Mac Terminal commands to create a bootable USB install drive on a 16GB Kingston Data Traveler USB 3.0 drive. The NUC couldn't see/read the USB drive as prepped on the Mac no matter how I configured the BIOS boot order (UEFI or legacy). So I copied the .iso file to another Windows 10 machine and created a USB install drive with Rufus using default settings (MBR BIOS partition and FAT32 file system). But my NUC still couldn't see the install media. After a little research I found the formatting solution mentioned above.
I connected it to one of the HDMI inputs on my Samsung 4k TV and it drives the TV as a big display just fine. I'm not a gamer so I can't tell you how it would perform for that but for working from my easy chair as a break from the office chair it works very well. The picture quality and resolution at 4k on the 55" screen is remarkable. Really I think one could put that big old TV on a desk to use as a monitor.
In addition I have a PLEX media server setup on my network. I prefer the PLEX user interface to the smart TV app's interface. So I've been watching movies through the NUC instead of the TV app.
My overall assessment : brilliant little computer!
● Super small form factor - smaller than what I was expecting. My first 80MB hard drive was bigger - and probably heavier too!
● Silent and cool operation. You forget that you have an almost fully pledged Core i5 computer in your living room.
● Midi-HDMI port is a it of a pain.
● Drivers are bulky and takes forever to download and install.
● Have midi HDMI cable or HDMI-to-Midi converter ready.
● Make sure to include at least the WiFi drivers in the bootable USB so that you can connect to the network and start downloading other drivers
Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD (MZ-N5E250BW)
Crucial 16GB Kit (8GBx2) DDR3-1600 MT/s (PC3-12800) 204-Pin SODIMM Notebook Memory CT2KIT102464BF160B / CT2CP102464BF160B