Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Intel Original Socket 775 CPU Fan/Heatsink with Copper Core Center
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now

on October 17, 2014
I gave this one star, despite the fact that it is a good item and a good value, simply because IT IS NOT WHAT I ORDERED. If your seller is the Parts Collection, do not count on receiving part D60188-001. I received D34017-001. I do not appreciate sellers (and Amazon) playing fast and loose with item descriptions. Just because an item resembles the description from 10 feet away is not good enough. In this case, I have the two heatsinks side by side and they are ENTIRELY DIFFERENT. D34017 has a taller heatsink, a 9-blade fan (vs 7), but less than half the amperage of the D60188 (.28A vs .6A). The fan manufacturers are different. D34017 weighs 17 oz vs 15.7oz, which is neither a plus nor a minus, just an illustration that these are not the same product. D34017 has a rectangular, white pad of coupound instead of the familiar 3-band gray comound. Since Intel doesn't document their heatsinks, I don't know what this stuff is so I'll be replacing it with a known compound. Finally, the photo is of a D34017 because the fins go opposite the direction of the D60188.
on June 19, 2015
I had the same problem as others. The description clearly states intel D60188-001 so there should be no misunderstanding. But, I was sent an intel fan that is a slower speed fan and will only dissipate 65W TDP which is about 2/3s that of the fan that is described.
on August 11, 2016
I am giving this a one star review because the heatsink that came is not what was pictured. Yes, it is an Intel, but the heatsink itself is a lot smaller. It does have the copper core, but the smaller profile and thinner heatsink means it dissipates a lot less heat, and cannot be used on a beefier processor. For comparison, I have a heatsink exactly like the pictured one, but the push pins were broken and the fan is missing. (That was the whole reason for buying this was to replace the old one.) I was able to put the two heatsinks to the test.

The one that arrived caused the processor to sit idle at about 55c, and under moderate load (probably 25% watching videos and doing spreadsheet work), reached about 68c before I cut the power.

The one I already have, which is the one pictured, but missing the fan and the push pins, was installed with bolts and a couple plastic spacers, and I shimmied a fan from another heatsink to it. It ran idle at about 45c, and I was able to run the processor at max for about 30 seconds before reaching 68c and I was forced to cut the program.

The unit that arrived was considerably different than the one expected, and it could not be used for its intended purpose. The heatsink is quite adequate if you have a processor that pulls less power, but I needed a larger heatsink for my computer, and this was quite the disappointment, to say the least. If the pictured heatsink were the smaller one I got (and provided I only needed to order the smaller one) then I likely would have given it 4 stars.
on October 20, 2013
I could not get this fan to snap into the motherboard, The best I could figure is the
copper contact on the bottom stuck out to far. I bought another fan with a smaller heat sink and it snapped
in without any hassel. The fan itself has a quality look about it and was hoping I was doing something wrong but after installing the other fan I bought I would say there is something wrong about this product. Also it is not worth sending it back, I'll keep it for a rainy day, maybe I'll get lucky then.
on April 17, 2014
Intel CPU Fan/Heatsink arrived on time and was exactly what I ordered... and brand new. Perfect replacement part. Dropped it into the connector holes on the motherboard, turned the connectors to the locked position and the computer was up and running
on January 7, 2013
The original heatsink had 4 screws to lock on the motherboard, this unit has a push pin mechanism, which does not fit into smaller holes on the board in my Dell Inspiron 530 Desktop.
I don't know how people are able to put it on, maybe I am doing wrong, but it would have been great if the description mentioned about this...
Now I am stuck with a new heatsink I can't even use and it's past the return period...
on June 21, 2012
As a computer repair newbie, I was reluctant to try to do this myself .... It was a little intimidating, but nothing very difficult ....There are a couple of helpful videos on Youtube.

The original fan was dirty, running at about 2300 RPM and cooling to 65 C .... This new one is cooling to 56 C and runs at 1500 RPM .. A lot quieter, too .... the old one started to whirl like a jet taking off. this is a four-wire (four pin) connector.

Great price, reasonably easy to install ..
on December 16, 2014
Intel Original Socket 775 CPU Fan/Heatsink with Copper Core Center was intended for install on a Dell motherboard, but the motherboard has threaded inserts for the heatsink/fan, so this product will not work for the intended purpose. I cannot honestly state how well it truly works, as I am unable to install it on the board I bought it for. I also am unable to modify it to fit, so there is that...
on March 2, 2014
Delivery was fast, package was in good condition, installed on motherboard with no problem, the polyurethane turn-locks that connect the fan bracket to the motherboard seamed a little flimsy,other than that the fan works great..
on May 9, 2016
Looks great and keeps cpu at a consistent 35-39c at idle and 50-53c at full load.I'd also like to say the fan on this unit is completely silent.I had to double check to verify it was even on.Great cooler at a great price.