- Brand Name: Intel
- Model Number: BX80623I32120
- Processor Count: 2
- Computer CPU Speed: 3.6 GHz
- Computer CPU Manufacturer: Intel
Intel Core i3-2120 Dual-Core Processor 3.3 GHz 3 MB Cache LGA 1155 - BX80623I32120
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Process Type: Intel Core i3 Processor i3-2120 Frequency: 3.3 GHz DMI: 5 GT/s
- Intel Smart Cache: 3 MB Process: 32 nm Socket: LGA1155
- Power Consumption: 65 W Max Memory Bandwidth: 21 GB/s Graphics Base Frequency: 850 MHz
- Graphics Max Dynamic Frequency: 1.1 GHz This processor is a Dual Core Processor
- This processor supports Hyper-Threading Technology This processor supports Intel Virtualization Technology (VT-x). Has 2 cores, 4 threads.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
- Extremely fast dual core CPU
- Includes hyper-threading
- 7.1 out of 7.9 on WEI
- Stock Intel cooler is fairly quiet
- No turbo-boost
- Stock Intel cooler has somewhat troublesome plastic push-pin mechanisms that hold the cooler to the motherboard. When installing these I carefully tried to apply the same amount of pressure to each pin, but one pin went in too far and seemed to break pretty easily. I thought I damaged my CPU and motherboard. Luckily I did not, but now that push-pin will not come out. It seems I will probably have to carefully cut the plastic pin off if I ever want to remove the cooler and/or the CPU.
I still believe the stock cooler works fairly well as it is quiet and every time I check the BIOS it seems to be keeping the CPU temperature consistently low. The installation issue with the pins could be attributed to me not being careful enough, but I feel the pins are not designed very well and that one of them could have been defective. Regardless of the cooler, the CPU itself deserves at least 4 stars for it's performance even without turbo-boost or overclocking capability.
Some of my reasoning for buying this product:
Diablo III is finally being released and I was long overdue for a new computer anyways (was running a Pentium 4 with Windows XP Pro...very sad I know). Obviously an i3 (1st or 2nd gen) is a gargantuan leap over the Pentium 4...but some people may not realize that the i3 completely blows the Diablo III minimum CPU specifications out of the water and turns the water into vapor. But still...
After purchasing my i3-2120 I started worrying it was already obsolete and maybe I should have sprung for a i5-2500K because of all the overclocking hype.Read more ›
I bought this to build a budget gaming rig for my kids and I'm about to order another for a HTPC. This little chip can run Modern Warfare 3 with no problems, and I also run Photoshop CS4 and Autocad 2011 from time to time with no issues. My only gripe is, it should have been equipped with HD3000, but I still rate it 5 stars.
2 cores, 4 threads, good built-in video graphics, and faster than my old i5 laptop! This chip is probably the most underrated of all processors right now.
Very happy with this chip and would highly recommend it to anyone looking to put together a low cost machine. Was thinking about taking away 1 star for the weak imbedded graphics, decided against it because you get 4 threads at 3.3Ghz which is very impressive.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I love this CPU in my backup desktop PC. It can't score quite as high as the Core i7-930 in my main PC (scoring dual 7.2's on Windows Experience Index, vs. 7.5 and 7. Read morePublished 6 months ago by cyharriscat
Used Intel i3-2120 Dual-Core Processor works great. It works flawlessly and was a very good deal.Published 7 months ago by BW