- Paperback: 602 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 3 edition (June 7, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470665769
- ISBN-13: 978-0470665763
- Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 1.1 x 9.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.1 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 3.1 out of 5 stars See all reviews (39 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #469,926 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Interaction Design: Beyond Human - Computer Interaction 3rd Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the Back Cover
The leading book on human-computer interaction, now completely updated
Offering a process-oriented approach to human-computer interaction, this updated resource is an ideal starting point for learning the interdisciplinary skills needed for interaction design, human-computer interaction, information design, web design, and ubiquitous computing. The team of authors brings their vast expertise to the pages as they go beyond simply showing you the principles that apply to interaction design, but also explaining how these principles can be applied.
- Boasts completely updated content on interaction design, human-computer interaction, information design, web design, and more
- Includes coverage on the latest technologies and devices such as social networking, Web 2.0, and mobile devices
- Develops and updates all featured case studies, examples, and questions to illustrate technical, social, and ethical issues you may face
- Explains the various principles of interaction design and how to apply them
- Places special emphasis on how to design interactive products that enhance and extend the way people communicate, interact, and work
Featuring a full-color design throughout, this new edition is commendably adaptable for both computer science and non-computer science users.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top customer reviews
I also failed to be convinced that most of what they talk about in the book is driven by scientific research. Maybe that was not the authors' goal, but as a research scientist, I like to know that various techniques have scientific grounding.
I also agree with the other reviewers who said it is unnecessarily wordy. This book could have been at least a hundred pages shorter and still conveyed the same information it currently conveys.
The book as a whole I feel, fails to accurately and quickly make new ideas known to the reader. This is evident by a lack of real world examples or even citing instances where a certain concept was used. The author instead bombards you with long descriptions and fragmented ideas. I got the distinct impression that the authors were almost avoiding or dancing around certain ideas.
What was more alarming was in chapter 2, the author notes that she does not subscribe to any social media and was looking over others shoulders during a environmental crisis at a conference. She then proceeds to talk about social media and it's makeup but it would appear that she had no real first hand experience with it which to me lacked credibility.
The purchase was not a total loss as I did learn a new method to approaching new projects from reading this book. I also gained a deeper insight on designing around the problem space, which again is a lofty term that could use more explanation in easier to understand terminology. It should be noted that many of the terms and topics discussed within are garrulous, ie: rambling, and there is a considerable lack of understandable examples to help the reader see how topics could be applied in the real world.
Unless this is absolutely required reading for a college course, I would steer clear of it unfortunately.
The third edition is very different from previous ones, so if your class requires 3e, try to find a used one on here.