Gunnar Optiks Intercept Computer gaming glasses - block blue light, Anti-glare and minimize digital eye strain - Perform better, target objects on screen easier, prevent headaches, sleep better, reduce eye fatigue
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Protect Your Eyes - High Energy Blue Light emitted by electronic devices such as computers, tablets, and smartphones have shown to increase the risk of accumulated damage to the retina, cataracts, sleep disorders and macular degeneration.
- Block Blue Light - Block 65% of harmful blue light, 100% of UV. Prevent short-term and long-term damage like macular degeneration, cataracts, and the reduction of melatonin production.
- Sleep Better - Block blue light and reduce eye strain that affects your bodies circadian rhythms and prevents healthy restorative restful sleep you need to perform daily and prevent health issues
- Reduce Eye Strain - minimize headaches, dry eye and eye fatigue with added amber lens contrast, anti reflective coatings and patented focusing power 0.20 mag
- Comfort and Protection - light weight durable comfortable frame materials fit ergonomically with your face and head, FDA Approved. Rested eyes, no headaches, better sleep, no eye damage caused by blue light from digital devices = happier people and world.lens width: 58 mm | nose: 17 mm | frame width: 133 mm | temple: 135 mm
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
- Block Blue Light
- Prevent Eye Strain
- Reduce Headaches
- Sleep Better
GUNNAR Optiks is the only patented computer eyewear recommended by doctors.
Protect and enhance your vision from digital eye strain and blue light.
GUNNAR wearers report:
100% reported improved ease of viewing.
96% reported reduction in eye strain.
90% would recommend the use of GUNNAR eyewear.
80% reported their eyes were less tired when wearing GUNNARs.
79% said that wearing GUNNAR eyewear increased their productivity.
GUNNAR Computer glasses are designed to make your eyes not have to work so hard. Your eyes work hard all day and, spending hours in front of a digital device can be additionally hard on the eye muscles. GUNNAR'S exclusive design blocks blue light and reduces eyestrain while increasing contrast, protection, and focus. The result: improved clarity, comfort and performance.
How They Work
- Lens focusing power removes the eye muscle strain and keeps eyes feeling fresh.
- Amber lenses filter high frequency blue light that can cause both short-term and long-term issues.
- Frame and lens designs hold in humidity and reduce dry eyes and irritation to ease eye strain.
- Amber lenses add contrast to help sharpen characters and shapes on your screen.
- Anti-reflective lens coatings eliminate glare and visual distractions to the eye.
Digital Eye Strain also called Computer Vision Syndrome is a condition resulting from focusing the eyes on a computer screen for extended periods of time. Symptoms can include headaches, blurred vision, neck pain, fatigue, eye strain, dry eyes, irritated eyes, double vision, vertigo/dizziness, polyopia, and difficulty refocusing the eyes. These symptoms can be further aggravated by blue light exposure.
Blue light radiated from digital screens reaches deeper into the eye and its cumulative effect can cause damage to the retina and can cause the development of age-related macular degeneration (AMD). Blue light has also been linked to cataracts and sleep disorders.
I recommend my patients take proactive measures to protect their vision from all the digital screens they look at. The easiest but most unrealistic solution is to stop or limit using digital devices. The realistic approach is to recommend or prescribe computer glasses to take that strain out of the eyes. Glasses with a slight amount of magnification to take the strain off the eyes along with anti glare and blue light tint to absorb the blue light emitted from electronics. -Dr Eric White O.D.
Blue light can cause:
- Age related macular degeneration
- Slower metabolism
- Disrupted melatonin levels
GUNNARS patented lens technology is designed and engineered to meet the demanding visual needs of the digital generation. GUNNARS lens design limits air currents near the eyes, increasing humidity and preventing irritation. This design enhances focus and sharpens detail to ease eye strain. The high-index lens material eliminates distortion from impurities and haze found in inferior materials to ensure the clearest image possible. The ultra light yet durable, performance optics will not degrade over time. GUNNARS proprietary lens tint filters blue light and blocks UV to enhance contrast and protect eyes. The filtered spectrum replicates natural light, minimizing visual stress. Premium lens coatings reduce glare and reflective light to eliminate visual distraction and stress. An external hard coat provides extended lens durability resisting scratches. GUNNAR computer and gaming glasses are also available with custom prescription lenses.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
These Gunnar glasses with retro nerdframes stood out to me immediately. When I saw they came in *fun colors* I was more determined to make these my pair. Although there are a number of complaints about durability, I know I can be careful with my peripheral goodies so-- I decided to go for it. I've only had them a few days, but here are my impressions:
1. I love the color! I got Ink, which I felt was fun enough to stand out but neutral enough to go with lots of other colors. It is just as expected, being just a wee bit more vibrant against my pasty nerd skin and bright hair.
2. The texture. The frames themselves have a soft rubbery coating that feels awesome to the touch and prevents the glasses from sliding down my nose.
3. The real reason we buy them: the glare reduction. It's fantastic! I can't say that as you wear them you think things look that different, or the colors look dramatically less blue, but the moment you take the glasses off - while facing any computer screen - you can't help but notice that they were really working to reduce glare. When you take off the glasses you see the harsh blue light and how much they were blocking. It's not unlike the difference between being outdoors with polarized lenses that aren't dark, mostly just polarized and very lightly tinted/mirrored, and then popping them off for a moment to feel the full blaring light of day. Yes, it feels that dramatic. Especially when you use a computer in low-light settings and the monitor feels a bit like your own tiny, rectangular blue sun. :-)
4. Quality-- I can't speak for long term durability, but I will update this review immediately if I experience issues. Other than that these glasses have a feel similar to my neon wayfarer Oakleys, which I got in New York about four years ago. When I first held those glasses I thought they felt cheap compared to the Ray-Bans, but the salesperson explained how they were collapsible and flexible, etc. I got used to them and found I prefer their lightness. I have yet to have those shades pop apart on me so my hope is these will stand up fine, despite being light weight.
5. Smudging-- Others complain of smudging but I have had zero issues. Maybe I am fastidious? I don't know. I have really oily skin and leave blatant prints on everything I touch but... if I don't touch the lenses they don't get smudged. I gently remove them from my face by gripping the arms and then I gently place them in their case or on my XL desk-length mousepad. No issues. When I do have to clean them - to remove dust - my old Sunglasses Hut spray and wipe works fine.
Some things to note: I have an average-sized female head. These fit me perfectly. They do not squeeze near my ears like some glasses can. Anyone with a larger or wider head might be saddened by the fit, which would make the glasses painful to wear for long sessions, and could well be the cause of frame stress which could cause breakage that others have experienced. Just a theory. And looking at the hinge and arm construction - these don't look at all adjustable. Unless you can try them on in person - or are confident you have a head size that is "average female" or smaller - you may want to look for a different style.
Also, I bought the nice Gunnar case at the same time as the glasses (Gunnar Optiks GAI-030102 Gunnar Eyewear Case, Black). It fits width-wise, but the glasses are too deep and for this reason the case will not fully close. I considered returning it but since it was so inexpensive here, and I am not sure I would get the full refund since the item is not faulty, I just kept it and leave it on my desk as a place to safely nest the glasses when I go AFK. UPDATE 03/28/2016: I am not sure why this would be the case, except perhaps that the glasses could be less stiff and can now fold flatter? But the upshot is, last night I went to put my glasses in the case, same as always, and this time it just snapped shut as though it had always been able to do so. Previously the glasses had held it open and a gentle pressing did not cause the case to magnetize closed so - in order to avoid breakage of the glasses - just let the case sit ~1/4" open on my desk with the glasses in it for a little protection, being better than none.
Oh, and side note, you may not want to wear these while driving at night. I wore them out inadvertently and found that the blue-glare reduction caused some odd diffusion of the lights of oncoming vehicles. The color wasn't bad, in fact it reduced the glare same as from a screen, but the diffusion of the light made bigger fuzzy blind spots around oncoming traffic in darker places on the road. Just a word of caution. :-)
So, to sum it up: I love these. They are fun. They are comfortable. They really, really cut computing glare and so far they haven't given me a stitch of quality issues. Again, if they do I will update here ASAP. Hope this review helped and hope these glasses help your eyes, too! Best of luck!
Even setting these terrible fit problems aside, my product came with one lens clouded- either by defect or mishandling before it arrived for me. Sending mine back, trying one more pair in a different style, and then writing the company off
Minor grievances aside, these have saved my life. The lighting in the office environment I work in coupled with the two monitors I work in front of was hurting my eyes something fierce and even worse, it made me feel really tired on top of already being tired from waking up early. Driving home from work became uncomfortable for me because my eyes were tired from the lighting conditions I had been in all day.
These work amazingly well and have made me more productive as a result. You get used to the tint within a day and it’s unreal how strong the blue light is after wearing these for 7+ hours.
I would recommend trying them on in a physical store before buying if possible, or pick a pair as close to a style you wear. In this case I was looking for cheapest, but I plan to buy a different pair and keep these for home in the future.
Most recent customer reviews
They are light and comfortable as well. Perfect for long gaming sessions too.