Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Size: 12-Inch|Color: Soft Sun/White|Change

Showing 1-10 of 69 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 70 reviews
I just love this little item. While doing food shots on location it is very useful. The primary side is a mixture of silver and gold so it imparts a warm tone which is very pleasing for food (and faces too!) and of course, the other side is white.
This folds into a small 5 inch circular case that I can easily carry anywhere in a jacket pocket. In fact, whenever my wife and I go out to eat, I bring this and my Canon PowerShot 12 MP in another pocket, and we are ready for just about anything.
on February 11, 2013
This 12 inch reflector provides perfect fill light for macro photography in the garden. I couldn't get the bigger ones in there where I needed them and they were to bulky to carry around. I may wish I'd found one this size that included a diffuser, like the larger 5 option models. But it does what's its designed for. This one smartly folds to pocket size. Be careful, hang on, when you release it for the first time - the spring frame gives it quite a pop.
on May 26, 2013
This reflector is small but for close ups or macro photography it is very useful, well at least the white side is, the gold like on most other reflectors is some what useless. To yellow. I have another Interfit translucent reflector (?) and it is very good also. They are very light weight, perhaps 2-3 oz and don't take up much room at all. Although I did give this 5 stars and as far as I concerned it is worth it but it would have been better if the gold was black for subtractive lighting. I suppose I could always buy some black muslin and attach it with velcro. Anyway if your humping around like I do these little things can come in handy.
on August 10, 2015
The reflector is too small to be practical, yet it doesn't fold small enough to stuff it in my handbag. Because it doesn't have a stand and most times there's no place to prop it up, it is difficult to hold it with one hand while shooting pictures or video with the other. You could use a clamp for this, but I don't want to carry more things.
on November 19, 2013
Small, a bit smaller than I need but my fault for not paying attention to the 12 inch size listed.
VINE VOICEon March 8, 2013
I went with all three in this series, the silver/white, the diffuser, and this Sun/White. This is by far the least worthwhile of the three, though for the money it's better than nothing when needed in a pinch.

The soft gold side gets its color from a pattern of light gold and silver zigzags, but they aren't applied well enough, densely enough to be vey effective.

Apparently the application process is a little sloppy. I ordered one that came with quite a few stains on the white side, resulting from bleed-through from the other side. The replacement came with even more such stains, so I just kept the first one.

To conclude I'd recommend the others that I bought, but not this one. Better spend a little more on a better brand and get a reflector that does its job properly. If I seem too generous with the three stars, it's because I'm very tired of paying three times as much for gear that is only about 25% better.
on June 23, 2012
I was surprised at how solid and beefy the metal ring is on this thing. I haven't really put it to a lot of use yet, but the construction seems quite solid. I was also pleasantly surprised to find that the reflective side is actually a silver and gold pattern that produces a more natural color of reflected light than pure silver or pure gold. It's also refreshing to find that these easily fit in to their carrying cases without having to cram, pinch, and shift to get it in. This is a well-designed product.
on September 12, 2010
This is pretty much exactly as it says it is. It's a nice small reflector that's easy to carry around and provide some shade or reflector for macro photography. I use the case with the reflector in it to also carry an extra battery and memory chip for the camera. Just a nice handy place to keep small things from juggling around in the pack.
on May 25, 2016
Well to begin my review, let's just say that I didn't receive what I had ordered, but please keep reading because it ends well. The mistake came about because sticker on the outside of the item's plastic wrap was for the item I actually ordered, but the item inside wasn't it. I ended up receiving a much larger, on-camera reflector. The reflector I received was a soft white/silver color. Although this isn't quite what I had wanted, I decided to keep the item I received & have used it for portrait shoots. It offers a nice, soft added light to help accomplish great portraits.
VINE VOICEon September 6, 2010
This is a great little reflector that we all need in our bags. It folds up so small you can keep it in a coat pocket! It will light up a shadowed face nicely that even the model can hold during a sitting face portrait. It's also very convenient for Macro shots, especially for flowers. A big 40" reflector isn't always practical in a garden or green house.

Great item and price.