Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 186 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 227 reviews
on May 21, 2015
I purchased this item in 2007, when the body of the drum was blue, not red. It survived abuse from two children and storage in unconditioned space. Pulling it out for my third child, there was a problem. Though the buttons and roll sensor worked, it would not respond to tapping the drum. This was disappointing, since you can't play the songs by pressing the buttons or rolling the device.

Being an engineer, I disassembled it. It was difficult to determine how to disassemble the top half. I discovered I had to pry off the yellow cover under the top wavy blue trim to access the screws. Doing so required four small flatblade screwdrivers to release clips simultaneously. After disassembly, I found the problem was one of the leads from the tap sensor (two ball bearings on a copper plate) had become desoldered from the logic board at the bottom (base) of the unit. It wasn't obvious where the lead needed to be connected, so I used trial and error to find the correct pin. Eventually I was able to solder the wire back on. I added some hot glue to prevent recurrence before reassembling the device.

My third born loves it. My device, now 8 years old, remains in good cosmetic condition. There are some scuff marks I could probably wet-sand out, and some small scrapes from disassembly, but it otherwise looks great. This is mostly because the surfaces aren't painted; different color plastics were employed to fabricate the device. It's clear the QA process included durability testing. Also, the interior of my device was surprisingly clean when I opened it.

I gave it five stars because the product is enjoyable, well-constructed, and somewhat user serviceable.
on December 29, 2016
I gave this as a gift to my one year old nephew after watching him immediately start playing a pair of bongo drums that he encountered. This little drum makes lots of fun sounds and colorful lights (that aren't too harsh or flashy). At this stage, one of my nephew's favorite activities was to "drive" different objects around on the floor while crawling. When placed on it's side and pushed around, this little drum plays a song--so he had that going after about 30 seconds of playing with the toy. As far as the music goes--it's fairly tolerable and non-obnoxious--bolstered by the convenient volume control switch. Overall he seems to love it--so I'm a happy camper!
on December 10, 2013
Love this drum! My 9 month old son likes beating the drum to play the music. He will sit and watch the colours that shines on top while listening to the music. Once the music stops, he will beat the drum again. As one reviewer said, the music mode will keep playing the music until it is over, even if being interrupted with a smack. Very intelligent design.

The drum has three different modes: music mode (3 different up-beat musics), drum sound mode and whistle mode. Other than being a musical drum, my son loves to cruise with this drum. He would put both his hands on top and stand and cruise around with it. The drum can also be turned horizontally and become a roller. It plays different sounds when rolling.

The sensitivity of the drum is just nice. Just a light tap from my baby and the drum will play sounds. So I do not have to press/beat the drum for him. The buttons are easily pressable too. There are volume control and on/off switch which is a big plus if you want a quiet day.

My son has turned the drum upside down all over the place banging here and there and so far it has survived and still functioning well. I must say I am very pleased with this purchase. Good value.

The only thing is I am still waiting for my son to dance/bob along to the beat of the music!
on May 2, 2012
This is by FAR the best toy we've ever gotten for our baby. He is 11 months old and just loves playing with it! He smacks the drum to begin the song, then starts bobbing to the beat. And when the song is over, he smacks it again to keep it going. It's like his own personal jukebox!

The songs are great; they're not annoying like some other ones we've been given. They are funky tunes with great beats that get your baby going. Also, the music keeps playing through even when he continues to smack it--in other words, the songs don't change with every single touch. This allows him to keep his attention span longer and not be so ADHD.

It keeps him entertained--and not just him but also our family and friends who come visit and watch him play on it. It keeps his attention a lot longer than most other toys out there. Watch the video and you'll see what I'm talking about. Highly, HIGHLY recommend getting your kid this toy!
on November 16, 2013
This is an awesome little toy. My 1.5 year old loves music and he plays with this drum ALL the time. It has 3 different settings, one plays an entire song with one hit to the top of the drum, one is the traditional drum setting -one hit equals one beat, and the final one plays a different silly sound with each hit. The top lights up on all settings and if the drum is turned on its side it has a separate sound it plays as it's rolled. It's quite a fun toy for my music lover. His favorite setting is the one that plays an entire song, he'll hit it and then stand there and dance to the lights and music. Repeat. It has two volume levels along with an off switch, those are always a great addition to a noise making toy in our house. It's held up well with regular use over the past year (it was a gift last Christmas). I have two rough boys who throw, stand on, and do anything else you can imagine to it and it doesn't show any signs of breaking on me. Not a battery hog, I haven't even had to change them since we bought it. We're very happy with this drum
on November 13, 2012
This toy actually got (gets) a lot of mileage still from my (now) 2 year old for over a year. It doesn't play the same old tired songs you've heard all the other toys play. It makes different sounds from the drum depending on which of the 4 side buttons that's pressed prior to hitting the lighted drum pad (sometimes a drum sound, others a musical sound, others an actual song). There are enough different combinations so it's doesn't as easily get boring for the child [or even better, monotonous to the adult!]. The song/sound changes often enough on it's own to keep you from going crazy.

Laid on it's side, as the child rolls the toy or pushes it away it plays a melody, again encouraging the child to give attention and chase.

Honestly, we're completely satisfied with this toy. It's clever enough to stand out among all the other toys in the house, it's one of my son's favorites even now. It clearly engages the kids and their imaginations, teaches cause and effect ("touch this color button and then hit drum to get THIS sound....hmmmm!"). It's actually a bit different that the usual toys you find out there, and I think that's what I liked about it most. I definitely recommend this. It's a worthwhile purchase for 0-2 years for sure, probably one of the best toys I bought in that age range (and as my wallet and front room can attest, I bought many).
on July 7, 2015
My son is very developmentally delayed. He is 3.5 years old and loves his drum. He has never wanted to use his arms or hands and this toy really brought him out of his shell. He just smiles so big when he plays with it and actually drums using reciprocal motion of his hands. It lights up and has three different settings. He likes the setting that only makes noise for a short period after hitting it. I'm cheap and paid nearly $20 for this toy and I have no regrets!
on October 4, 2016
Came in a broken and dirty package. Must have been opened at least 2 times before reaching us. For baby toys this is really discouraging. Diddn't have heart to keep it.
on November 20, 2014
I bought this product when my older kids were babies.

I have a 5 year gap between my older four children and came across this on Amazon. It brought back great memories and I figured I would make a few more w my last two younger children. I love that it can be used without any sounds as a drum... with the drum sounds and even w the music. I think it's fun that it even makes noises when you roll it!

Its one of those classic toys that lasted through all 6 of my kids. My older kids even say how they remember playing with it.
on June 25, 2012
This drum is amazing. I bought it for my 6 months old because he likes to tap with flat hands on just about anything I put in front of him. Since the drum has a sort of flat surface that responds to taps so it was an ideal choice for my baby. He keeps hitting the drum surface and drum always obliges with a sound. That helps my baby understand cause and effect. Sometimes instead of just a beat drum will play various tones for I think 30 odd seconds. Only my baby can make the drum to do that. Me and my wife still don't know where to hit to get that sound :D. This drum also helps him to sit as he places his hands on it to support himself.
There are buttons on the body of the drum that also make sounds. If you roll the drum it makes sound as well.
The only minor minor inconvenience is size of the drum. Its difficult to hold this drum in one hand. So handling the baby and at the same time handling this toy sometimes becomes a little challenging.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question