Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: International Trade
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Chris Staples Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports

on September 25, 2010
I used International Trade from the same Authors and I liked the book because I had a good instructor that would do numerical examples in class. I was happy when they assign this book to my new class, but now I do not have an instructor that explains the formulas with numerical examples and I am struggling at lot doing it on my own. I do not recommend the book for students that have to teach themselves. The literature makes sense but it lacks numerical examples ( I guess that is when the instructor comes in). I have a lot of homework assignments that require the use of the formulas but instructions from the book alone are not helping.
I read this text book, though on the way till chapter 7.
The way this book is written is very interesting and unique, so I think you can enjoyably read this book.
Its notable features are, I think, to be written as follows.

1. data oriented, with a lot of tables and figures used to explain facts.
2. authors present those facts at first to show how theories are used to explain the facts, and the link between facts and theories is not felt unnatural,
differently from other texts including famous textbooks.
3. things dealt with are what Feenstra, a prestigious scholar, had studied till now, such as monopolistic competition, and outsourcing.
And, so, I think that what are written are very up-to-date. The chapter of monopolistic competition includes gravity equation and the effects of NAFTA.

The reason why this book attach great importance to facts is that Feenstra has done empirical studies of international trade, though he was originally a scholar who did theory. I remember reading his papers of capital movements in JIE and monopolistic competition with Judd in JPE.

I don't know why people don't write comments on this authors' textbook. This book is surely a splendid book written in a new style.
on February 23, 2010
The textbook covers a fair amount of content, and its presentation is strong involving lots of graphs and memory aids (excellent formatting including bullet points, boldface keywords, and chapter organization). There is an abundance of "real-life applications" where the concepts taught in the book are roughly applied to real life examples. The book is disappointingly sparse in worked examples, which holds it back somewhat.
on February 1, 2013
I bought this book for one of my classes. It was easy to read, everything is very well explained and "easy" enough to keep up with when reading it for class. I enjoyed it.
on December 26, 2014
Loved the book. Made me want to study international trade.
on October 9, 2014
didn't mean to buy the loose leaf.
on January 8, 2015
Comprehensive and fit for undergrad level. It was a background text for a grad level class I took. The "new" price is astronomical - buy it used.
on September 28, 2015
good
on September 28, 2013
Thank you very much, I received the book brand new like you mentioned. I will be recommending my friends and family to buy from you in the future.
on October 4, 2010
The item is in very good conditions. The shipment is fast. I'm very satisfied with this deal.