Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Big & Rich GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 42 reviews(5 star, Verified Purchases). See all 164 reviews
on July 20, 2010
There are so many books and articles promising to send me, a newbie, on my way to being a millionaire. Geez, I've fallen for them all, bought them and read them. And I get stuck on putting up my website and making it work every time. That's because they are a load of junk, even though the information may be technically correct. If you're a newbie like me, they probably won't work for you either. After reading this book by Scott, I got sent down a more serious road to actually learning something worthwhile and how to apply it. Yes, he does mention the "millionaire" bit on his cover. But he'd done his market research and knew people like me wouldn't have bought the book otherwise. This book is an easy read for those of you trying to find your way out of an information fog. His techniques work out (if you're willing to learn rather than just read.) I'm still not a millionaire. But I did get enough serious information from this book to set me on my way to earning real income. My website is up and launched. It's also an easy read for those of us not so tech-savvy. His case studies are interesting and informative too. Normally I don't get much out of reading case studies and authors often seem to use them as a filler or selling point in their books. Definitately a book that will stay on my shelf and not given away.
on December 3, 2009
I was looking on the internet for a way to be my own internet entreprenuer and I stumbled up on this book. It is clear and organized and will HELP you stimulate ideas for starting your own business ideas and will also give you pointers and tips to give you extra help. Scott Fox's book is great for those who are just getting introduced to the world of internet businesses and for those who are experienced who want to pick up a few things.

He gives you examples of other businesses that will help you figure out what kind you want to start and you can even take elements from different businesses as well to form your own idea! I have NEVER taken a marketing course or a course on being an entrepreneur. I did not even get my college degree in business. I am about to have my website built with help from Internet Riches.

Now is the BEST time to start your business because of the growing opportunities online and the cheap costs to get started as opposed to starting a business that will cost you thousands of dollars to get started. This is NOT a quick get rich scheme, your success depends a lot on the time you put in and your ideas. But I think one can be mildly successful if one puts the principles into practice and will have an advantage over other people who do not know how to market their ideas online.

This book makes you believe. Thank you Scott Fox.
on January 16, 2008
I found this book to be just what I needed to get started with an internet business...now! There are lots of inspiring ideas presented here, and plenty of information for even a non-techie like myself to feel confident enough to jump right in and take action. The book covers areas such as brainstorming for ideas, business models, choosing target markets, web hosting, domain names, building a site, marketing your e-business, and legal issues. Inspirational stories of successful start-ups are also included in the book.

Scott's tone throughout Internet Riches is one of a personal coach leading you through your options, inspiring you to really think about what it is you want to do. I realized that for me, the answer was a business in nature photography because that's where my passion lies. It might seem obvious to have a business that encompasses your passion, but believe me, you can come up with a lot of excuses to not pursue it. Scott's book peels away those excuses...it was like a friendly kick in the pants to just get going and do something! Due to his clear, friendly writing style, I felt I could tackle the logistics of starting an on-line business -- and this was very important to me -- without spending much money.

I've recommended this book to friends, and truly believe that it's an invaluable resource for anyone who's interested in starting an e-business but is unsure about how to proceed.
on August 22, 2011
I read Scott Fox's book cover to cover. It was written for people like me - those who have a basic understanding of the Internet but who are not sure how to harness its power to start and build an online business. I read the book with my highlighter in hand. I found the book informative, practical, and rife with highly usable information. This and a couple of other books were my introduction to doing business on the Internet. For me, Internet Riches, was an excellent resource that I still refer to today. I've recommended it to a number of people and will continue to do so.

If you have taken a number of courses, online or in person, on starting and building an online business, this may not be for you. But if you are just getting started or if, like me, you got started but grew confused by all the noise and needed someone to start from the beginning and walk you through all the steps, this book is exactly what you need.
on September 13, 2012
Finally there is a book that actually tells you about the secrets on how to succeed in a business without hiding any information. Since reading this book, I have developed much more confidence with planning the launch of my own internet business. This book goes step by step on how to start a business, from listing questions relevant to your interests to developing an effective action plan. It also gives examples in each chapter of successful entrepreneurs using each chapter's business strategy. I highly recommend highlighting and/or underlining the information because there are so many great business tips to choose from.
on May 12, 2007
If you are considering starting an on-line business, and you have not decided yet on what type of e-business you want, this book is a great "first stop." I had already done some research and had planned my product, so the book didn't really apply to me until about half-way through. Even so, I found his book to have a lot of great ideas and suggestions. I appreciate that he has a website which he keeps updated of his "favorite" sources. I also found it easy to read and understand.

One part that I also really appreciated was that at the end he gives you a lot of encouragement. I had started to wonder if it was really worth trying my idea, but after reading his last chapter I realized, as he said, that you can quit anytime, so why before you even start?

If you have a lot of experience or background in this field, his book may be too simplified for you; however, if you are just beginning, he is a great resource!
on March 29, 2011
I have been doing a lot of research before diving into the internet business pool. I would highly recommend that before you invest in a big ticket business opportunity that promises you millions that you educate yourself with books like this one. You will save yourself a small fortune!
I bought this along with Ewen Chia's "How I Made My First Million On The Internet." Getting educated by more than one source helps fill in the blanks that one source alone may inadvertently leave out. I'm writing this review after a quick scan of the book. Why?
Because I don't want a book that makes me read ten pages to get one decent tip or idea. This one doesn't. If your a newby like me, you will learn something on every page!
on August 31, 2010
Internet Riches: The Simple Money-Making Secrets of Online Millionaires

I have read many a book about internet business, SEO, and related topics, and this is the first one that pulls it all together in a single book. It is written without a lot of jargon and uncommon terminology, which will make the information accessible to newbies in addition to experienced internet marketers.

Great stuff about picking a niche, selecting your domain, and making money using cloud-based services (a.k.a. ASPs). I highly recommend it.
on September 19, 2012
This book is the most educational book I have read about ecommerce. The exercises at the end of the chapters help to stimulate the mind to brainstorm about the time of business you would like to start online. Its not just a book you would read once, you can make reference to different chapters of the book to guide you along the way as you establish and grow your business. I recomend this book for anyone who would like to start an ecommerce business and don't know how to get the ball rolling!
on October 8, 2015
The information provided in the book were specific and the strategies provided were practical & straight forward.