- Series: The Secrets Series
- Paperback: 1032 pages
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons Inc; Pap/Dis edition (March 1, 1995)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1568844522
- ISBN-13: 978-1568844527
- Product Dimensions: 7.2 x 2 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.8 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 2 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #17,936,571 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Internet Secrets (The Secrets Series) Paperback – March 1, 1995
"The Other Woman" by Sandie Jones
“The Other Woman is an absorbing thriller with a great twist. A perfect beach read.” ― Kristin Hannah, #1 New York Times bestselling author of "The Great Alone" Pre-order today
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I've been using the net since '88 and this is the first book I've seen covering it all so very very neatly. The nitty gritty, behind the scenes and all in a very well organised, highly readable manner.
I believe even a complete beginner could learn a lot from this, although if you are a beginner you might be overwhelmed at first by the sheer volume of the whole book, you will find that you can take one relevant section at a time.
For experts, I am sure you will find something of value in every chapter, for us it is like a fascinating casual read, and may reveal things that have mystified you all these years.
Finally it is very up to date.
- TOTAL BEGINNER : good, but you might need some sort of visual guide first, or tutoring.
- BEGINNER and INTERMEDIATE : you will learn a lot from this book.
- EXPERIENCED : discover what has really been going on in the background all this time.
- EXPERT : probably do not NEED this book, probably know a lot already, but I think you will enjoy it nonetheless, and as it covers so many areas it might round you out in ways you did not expect.
- DEVELOPER : could provide inspirations, and you know what they're worth.
John Levine is truly an expert when it comes to understanding, navigating and fully tapping the potential of the vast empire we call the internet. His book is a plethora of information that you won't be able to find in any other book on the market today.
From what browsers do to email and the power of emailing, Web site designing, e-commerce, communicating through the internet, XML, chatting and so many other topics covered this book is the one stop reference book for everyone.
The author includes a cd with utilities for the pc and the Mac, from WS_FTP, WinZip, and Adobe Acrobat Reader, copies of the Netscape Communicator and Internet Explorer and finally Mind Spring software in case you need an ISP. You'll be investing in the future and the price is well worth it.