Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ricky Martin All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only: $49.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on June 25, 2017
I've had this device for about a week. I had a bit of a tussel getting it on our network because I kept making mistakes with the small onscreen keyboard. I have the same problem with my cell phone. I mostly listen to KFI at night and I use iheart radio for that. The device does have a sleep timer that works okay. The screen is very visible. I'm not sure if I know how to shut it off though. I just tap the off button and the screen goes off. I had a CC Crane wifi radio but it was very difficult to setup and change stations for me. Not sure what I'll do with it. This Aluratek is much easier to use and has a nice sound. When making settings, I just lay the radio in my lap and use a stylus. The screen is clear and bright. I may do an update to this review after I learn more on how to use all the features.

Update: FYI the display sleep function is found in Settings. Works good. I'm not sure if the overall on/off sleep function is built into the device or is in the app, but it also works good.
on January 13, 2018
ok !
so here is the scoop! i own aluratech AIRMM01 radio (had it for over10Y still works and i still love it ( based on shoutcast/icecast)
i unpack this radio and say where the hell is my Russian / Ppolish and all over the world radio (no shoutcast or icecastt) just this weird music app launcher!
radio looks like someone slapped to speakers on an end of old cell phone running android 4.4!

enough of first impressions.

Aluratech deserves a honest review after over 10 of operation on old model (still kicking strong)
1. this radio feels cheaply made
2. it's a small outdated android device with speakers attached (speaker grills are cumming lose from plastic case and i never pried)
3. once in google play i installed nova app launcher and replaced what the radio came with
4. installed different weather app several international music apps removed few preinstalled apps and added daydreamer app
now the radio looks attractive - i like what it does now! the sound is delicate but clear (i can't hear the woofer but i'd probably miss it if it wasn't there) i hope this unit last as long as the old one (i wasn't any cheaper). is a nice unit with storage option build in battery PC connectivity and audio out for headphones (i'm sure it can do a receiver out of the headphone jack with 1/8 inch to RCA cable)

the one con i don't like is that it will play several audio streams at once and you have to go to notifications to stop the app from playing (it should just play the most recent stream but this is likely the android's fault.

this is a device that will probably never update past the preinstalled droid 4.4 (to BAD) as the outdated OS them will render the device useless way before the end of it's useful life (the apps will simply stop being supported) unit is not heavy so i'm not expecting wonders on battery life (hevier means more capacity in battery language)

HOLD HOME BUTTON TO GET TO APP STORE AND REPLACE THE VERY LIMITED LOUNCHER!!!!!!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 14, 2016
 In theory, this is a great idea, but I think they rushed this out of development a bit to quickly. We got this in the mail today and both my husband and I both tried to get this product set up (and we are both techy people) to no avail. The touch screen either doesn't register when you are touching it (a bit hard to actually get the wifi set up if you can't type anything) or it becomes possessed (see video attached) and enters all sort of characters rapid fire. I wanted to like it, but until they work the bugs out of this product, I would not recommend this product to anyone.
11 comment| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 6, 2018
I liked the product concept in general, which is why I gave it 2 stars. However, it clearly stated that it came with a Slacker radio app and it did not. This was a main reason I purchased this. Multiple attempts to get tech support, support that was stated to come with a response from the company within 1 business day, did not happen until several days later, (weeks). By then I had already returned the item. Beyond the fact that the item did not offer what it stated it offered and beyond the bad support, I also could not turn the unit on while it was plugged in. It would only turn on while running off of its battery. This made me question the quality of the hardware and/or firmware. So....nice concept but there are too many other issues for this to be considered a viable option for this kind of device.
on February 15, 2018
I read the not so great reviews but honestly, I have no idea what people are complaining about.
Setup was super easy. If you have an Andriod phone, tablet etc.. this is the same thing, just a more basic version of them. What I was most surprised by is the sound quality. It's actually pretty good and loud. Perfect for playing music in the garage while working on the cars. You can even play youtube videos on it, check your facebook and email, look up things on the internet etc... like you would do on your smartphone or tablet. Just note that the screen resolution is equal to a color cell phone from 2003 - it's so-so.
That being said, for $99 this thing can't be beat. My only complaint is I can't get the time in the center of the screen to sync with the clock in the upper righthand corner. But, I really don't care about the clock or the so-so screen resolution, I'm here for the music.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 2, 2016
I bought two, one for myself, one for a birthday gift. I love mine, but my friend is struggling with his. He mostly uses Sirius radio, but when his account transferred to the device it only plays 5 Sirius channels, not the ones he listens to. Sometimes mine seems to have a problem turning on. I hold down the power button 2 seconds, 3, 4, 5. Mostly it flashes the battery symbol, occasionally it will turn on.
on February 15, 2017
radio is fine, but constant ads won't let you access pandora. the ads block the use of the touch screen and some are designed with no way to close out of them. i reset it almost daily just to use. Horrible product!.
22 comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 17, 2016
This is, basically, an Android phone with speakers, so it is easy to program for us Android users. We stream from our Music Library at Amazon and Amazon Prime, but there are a bunch of other streaming choices as well. The music sounds pretty good too. Overall, a nice product I would recommend to friends.
on March 3, 2017
This system worked for about one month. Just after the product support period Pandora stopped working completely and the system is full with no way to delete files. Requesting to return this product.
on June 10, 2017
Radio does not work at all. The only display is a charging battery. Customer service consisted of one person asking what I had already said. A follow-up photo and written response generated no further action.