Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

on August 11, 2016
The speakers were mediocre, and the odd/unprotected placement of the subwoofer would make it highly likely one would damage it if you handled the radio on any regular basis. My main issue was the OS, which really was ALMOST a standard Android phone OS. Except, Aluratek had dumbed down the home screen to only allow access to the collection of music apps they delivered. Not a bad collection per se (all the usual suspects), but I wanted to install a few specific radio station apps I use frequently, While I could "install" them, the Aluratek OS would not allow me to access them. The Aluratek OS added no value, and prohibited me from the customizations I wanted. While some reviews indicated there were ways to get around this, I could not find these and the product instructions offered no assistance in this area. I keep hoping someday I will find a decent Internet radio with good stereo sound in a bedside package, with a remote, and make it easy to get to your favorite stations via presets, but it just does not seem to be out there. Will stick with my phone serving to a Bluetooth speaker.
on November 3, 2016
Terrible. I wanted a wifi connected internet radio alarm clock, which this seemed to be.
Instead I got a tiny android tablet.
That didn't allow me to wake to music or NPR.
That did expect me to find and install applications to listen to internet steaming sources.
That did end up reporting malware , virus infections after a few weeks.
That did insert additional advertising onto the screen.
That displayed the clock on such a small portion of the screen to be unreadable away from the bedside.
That glows too brightly by it's backlight to allow easy sleep.

Not good.
on January 10, 2017
Many note the home screen is limited. But if one downloads the Google Now Launcher from the Play Store, all usual Android functions are restored. That took me about a half hour to set up. The trickiest part is getting to the Play Store in the first place. But there are back doors. Download Google Now Launcher first, then Play Store can be easily accessed for future apps. You can select which interface you want when you press the Home button: Google Now Launcher or SoundCloud which is what the built-in interface is called.

But that's not the main problem. The lack of memory is. Internal memory is only 1 gigabyte and the SD "card" is less than 5 gigabytes. But, as usual on Android systems, the SD storage can't be easily used for apps. I might be able to store downloaded files there. There's no way to expand internal memory that I see, so you have to stick to streaming for the most part. More minor problems include some of the original software. The Weather app thinks it's Los Angeles and a change to another city doesn't last. The next time I look, it's LA again.

On the positive side, the speakers are o.k. if not great, and it does what I wanted - to stream my Amazon Music and access staions via apps such as Tunein. If it had expandable memory, I'd give it a higher rating.
on June 25, 2017
I've had this device for about a week. I had a bit of a tussel getting it on our network because I kept making mistakes with the small onscreen keyboard. I have the same problem with my cell phone. I mostly listen to KFI at night and I use iheart radio for that. The device does have a sleep timer that works okay. The screen is very visible. I'm not sure if I know how to shut it off though. I just tap the off button and the screen goes off. I had a CC Crane wifi radio but it was very difficult to setup and change stations for me. Not sure what I'll do with it. This Aluratek is much easier to use and has a nice sound. When making settings, I just lay the radio in my lap and use a stylus. The screen is clear and bright. I may do an update to this review after I learn more on how to use all the features.

Update: FYI the display sleep function is found in Settings. Works good. I'm not sure if the overall on/off sleep function is built into the device or is in the app, but it also works good.
on December 31, 2016
Bought one of these... It looked better than all the rest. The sound is fine but the interface sucks. A lot of the "apps" don't work very well and the weather app could not find my hometown and did not provide very many choices... This product need a lot more work!!!
on March 28, 2016
Bought this Radio for our medical office. We cannot use a regular radio due to reception problems. That being said this Wi-Fi Radio fits our needs perfectly with no problems connecting to the Wi- Fi and the sound is great.
on September 20, 2016
Purchased this item for use as background music for our business. Have never been able to get it up and running for playing more than one or two songs at a time. Now the touch screen no longer works. I should have returned it sooner, but I was waiting for my IT Dept to confirm we did not have a WiFi problem. Now it is beyond the return window, so am unable to re-coup the cost.
on March 17, 2017
To start, the speakers on this unit are very low quality. In less than a month, the left half of the touch screen became unresponsive. I contacted Aluratek and they told me to ship back to them for repairs, but I have to pay for the shipping. This is not quality customer service. I also own a Grace Digital wifi radio and had an issue with the unit. When I contacted them, they sent me a UPS paid return label and kept me updated every step of the way. The speakers on that unit are also excellent. I should have bought a second Grace Digital unit instead of this one.
It's ok. It connects to Pandora easily and quickly, decent sound out of the speakers. I was hoping to hook it up to our outdoor receiver/speakers and although it works to use a 3.5mm plug into the headphone jack with a splitter, you have to turn the receiver up ridiculously loud to hear it (just makes me nervous of blowing a speaker if switching inputs).
on May 6, 2016
Excellent sound. The instructions are poor and there is no download manual. I had and have difficulty with radio stations. There is no temperature on the weather app and no way to dim the display at night.