Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 152 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 169 reviews
on February 3, 2016
A nice text that has a smooth, engaging reading style with some cultural references to engage the young reader. My one gripe is that it should have contained a little more relevant interactive exercises to play out in class. It is my belief that the college speech communication classroom is a laboratory unlike any other a student will ever encounter to practice these principles in relative shelter. Otherwise this book was one of the most informative and enjoyable of my speech comm degree.
on March 4, 2015
I bought this book as required reading for a communications class I took. Like most books bought for school, I didn't read the whole thing. The chapters I read covered the basic rules for communicating with others ( things like active & passive listening, body language and inter & intra personal communications) . The font is very kind on the eyes and the language used to convey the take-a-way messages after every chapter, is very straight forward. Buy the newest version of this book if reading for yourself and not to pass a class.
on July 8, 2017
DAUGHTER SATISFIED WITH HER BOOK FOR SCHOOL
on May 16, 2015
I believe that everyone should either take a course in interpersonal communication or purchase this book! Very informative.
on July 28, 2017
Book is in goo condition.
on March 30, 2013
Each new class, I need a new book. My prior experience is that the text books are dry information and data providing tools. This text actually seems to have a higher interest level. Of course, the topics of relations and communication is relevant to anyone. Yet, the way this is written shows the authors took time to relate, using their best interpersonal communication skills in writing, to attract the reader to continue on rather than simply using it as a reference to answer a few questions for a course.
on September 26, 2013
This book was required for class. This is a great book to read whether or not taking this class. It gives a comprehensive understanding the development in our society and what to expect of people and how people see you as a person. You will also understand how misinterpretation can start and add to future misunderstanding without clarification. I recommend this book to other students.
on December 6, 2016
This class was so informational, and this book was a great help.
I purchased the book, so that I would have it on hand to read and to use as a reference.

on September 2, 2017
I NEEDED TO READ THIS BOOK A A REQUIREMENT FOR A STUDY COURSE. IT WAS SIMPLE, COMPREHENSIVE AND READABLE.
on November 3, 2016
Pages were clean,but the outside cover had a thick layer of black grime on it.. The grime was so heavy I had to sponge it off before I checked out the inside pages.