Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Size: 18-Feet by 48-Inch|Change

Showing 1-10 of 215 reviews(5 star, Verified Purchases). See all 569 reviews
on June 25, 2016
The very first thing to note is 2 things. First, the pool is great. You can't go wrong here. Second, keep in mind, it's not just the pool you'll need. The this version of the pool comes with a pump, necessary hoses, and 2 filters. Intex sells additional filters as singles or in a pack of 6. The filters you need are: Intex 29000E/59900E.

We bought the 12 foot version in May of 2016. It's worked great so far. It took about an hour to setup. I used a tarp underneath which Intex does not recommend, but we did it anyway to protect the bottom. It took about 3-4 hours to fill up the pool. This one comes with the pump and filter setup which is a must to keep the water clean. We also bought some basic pool chemicals, and both available covers by Intex. The cover we use the most is the solar cover. Where we live its around 90-100 degrees F daily. You should also have a strainer for this pool to get the leaves and larger organic matter out of the pool. The included pump/filter setup is really just the get the stuff the strainer can't get.

As far as having flat ground, Intex makes a big deal about having this pool level. See the picture of our setup. It's basically like a big bag, so think of what happens when you fill a bag with water on an uneven surface. It's going to roll to one side a bit. In my case the ground is about 4 inches lower on one side than the other. The pool still works fine in my opinion, just the water is not as deep as it could be, but I have a 2 year old and a 4 year old. The 2 year old can touch the bottom with ease yet the pool is still deep enough to for my 4 year old to swim laps and for my 6.5 foot frame to swim under water.

I've never maintained my own pool before so I got some water test strips, PH booster, and Chorine Sanitizer. I have to put about 1/3 cup chlorine in per week. Go easy on the PH booster because using that will increase the Total Alkalinity, I recommend the Clorox pool products. Intex recommends you change the filter every 2 weeks. The first time I changed the filter at two weeks I saw surprised at how much gunk was in it. It seems like you could clean it yourself to extend the life of the filter but will try that next time. For a season Intex sells a six pack of filters so I bought that as well. For the cost the pump is clearly cheap, but seems to be well made considering the limit budget for materials. The pump on the 12 foot pool will filter 500 gallons per hour so you should plan to leave it on for at least 3 hours on most days. Also bought Intex's foot bath to wash the feet before getting in the pool (shown in picture). That helps to keep the junk out.

Final price including a few pool Toys was about $350, including the $79 for the pool. So expect to pay more than just the cost of the pool, but after searching all over for an above ground temporary pool (one with no frame and expensive pump/filter setups) I can't be happier so far with this one. Just the thing we needed to keep cool in the summer and provide some fun for the kids.

Aug 2016 update:
Everything is going great. At one point, I had a problem with Green Algae, but apparently so did the pools in Rio for the Olympics. I n my case the problem ended up being too much Stabilizer, which prevented the Chlorine from doing it's job. I ended up replacing my chemicals and tester strips. Make sure your test kit includes a test for Stabilizer. I purchased the AquaChek 551236 7-Way 100 Count Pool Water Test Strips and I'm very happy with those.
review image
0Comment| 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 3, 2015
Even though the ground its on is a lil uneven its an amazing product. It is sturdy and fits up to 7 adults without being too "in yo face" ish. Love it great addition to my backyard!
22 comments| 83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 15, 2015
This pool is great! My kids (ages 9 and 11) thoroughly enjoyed this pool during our uncharacteristically warm Pacific Northwest summer. It held up well to my two kids plus frequently a couple of extra friends. Our only complaint is that we would have enjoyed a bigger, deeper pool. We may be looking for a larger size next year. Overall, the pool seems to be of excellent quality for the price.

**If you found this review helpful, please mark it as helpful by clicking "Yes" below.**
on June 30, 2015
Just purchased this for relief from summer heat. Set-up was easy. Put with the salt-water system and so far, so good. The kids love it!
on July 28, 2015
Great size for kids or cooling off, put mine under a 14x14 dome screen room. Worked perfectly, cool off space no bugs. Not as deep as I would have liked but meets all advertised. Love having it.
review image
33 comments| 154 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 19, 2016
After some odd shipping delays we finally got the pool and we LOVE it! Super easy to set up, sturdy sides/bottom, easy to get in and out of. It comes with a pump and we use it in conjunction with a floating chlorine tablet holder and cover (sold separately), so the water stays super clean. We have no kids playing in it so not sure how (or if) it would stand up to a day of rowdy kids but for my husband and I, just floating in our floaty chairs, it's absolutely perfect. Make sure you plug holes before filling - comes with three black plugs and yes, for some reason there are three holes (pump only needs two), one is located just under the inflatable ring - we almost missed that one. Also be sure ground is absolutely level with no rocks on the bottom (we bought the under liner thing separately but it's pretty useless). We used carpet scraps and cardboard also under ours and it seems to be doing just fine.
on October 21, 2016
The perfect size for 3 kids ages 3-7!!! We had to upgrade! I love the little pump and the pool size is very manageable!
on July 31, 2016
Our son is going on 2 so we wanted something small for him but also something we can all fit in. He's tall for his age. So he can stand in it and the water comes to his shoulders. We sit in it with him and it's great. Very relaxing and roomy. We got the package with the solar cover and chlorine floater. Even if we get 2 summers it's worth the money. We use it a lot. Very easy to keep clean. The filter is small but does keep the pool nice. We bought a small pool vac. I'm very glad we got this. I have recommended it to others.
on June 8, 2015
i have had a pool like this in the past. this one came with the pump, a tarp to put under it, and a cover for a great price. I see differences in this model vs the one I used to have and was surprised with the improvements. This pool was a great purchase and high quality. So easy to set up and ready in no time! My last intex pool lasted 4 seasons. i love this brand
on May 22, 2017
Perfect size for our home! Enough to keep us cool on a hot day outside.
We'll go with the 36" version next year.