Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Shop for your business Starting at $39.99 Beauty & Grooming Deals and savings in Woodworking Book House Cleaning blacksails blacksails blacksails  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Go Explore Outdoor Recreation on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 50 reviews(5 star, Verified Purchases). See all 94 reviews
on July 22, 2015
I had doubts the day the pool arrived via motor freight as there was damage to the box (bottom had large holes, box flaps loose) even though it was strapped to a pallet. Due to the size and weight of this product, Amazon should require an outer shipping carton for additional protection. That being said, the contents inside were undamaged and I was able to set up the pool with the help of two teenagers in about 2 hours. The key to a trouble free set up is to read through the two main instruction manuals completely and have proper ground preparation. It can get a bit confusing because the owner's manuals refer to various Intex models and there is just a lot to read so take your time and you will do fine. This is my third Intex pool, last two were the 16' diameter 48" high versions with the inflatable ring. After years of trying to fix holes and leaks in the ring I decided to take the plunge with the metal frame and I am so happy I did. The frame went together easily with only one issue, the owner's manual says to slide each leg into a sleeve that slides on the belt circling the pool. It's not clear from the illustrations if the leg itself is inside or outside the belt but I placed mine outside which was in my mind the logical position. You must have a level, smooth surface to begin with. I spend several hours each year preparing the surface, leveling dirt and sand, removing weeds and stones, etc which makes a huge difference in how the pool sits on my site. If the ground is not level, the pool is not level and it could have serious issues.

You will also need 175 lbs of pool salt or water softener salt, pool sand for the sand filter and a drainage hose for the sand filter. I spent time looking for plumbing parts that would connect to the sand filter discharge outlet (Intex part is not common plumbing size) and finally found pvc parts at my local Menard's in the sewer parts department not plumbing as you might think. Also, the hose I have pictured is for hot tubs and glues into the pvc parts with pvc solvent. Expensive hose, I paid about $35 for 6 feet. It took about 15 hours to fill the pool, another 20 minutes to add salt and brush the bottom to dissolve. Programming the pump took a few minutes.

All I can say is the water stays clear and clean. Only a very slight saltiness to it but not as salty as the ocean. For anyone that has struggled to keep these pools clean and stable by adding chlorine, changing filters, adding conditioners and balancers you will love this system. You will save hundred's of dollars over the lifetime of this pool by only buying salt.

One thing I found is that I have to clean the electrodes every 3 weeks or so due to mineral build up. I live in southeastern Wisconsin which has very hard water in most areas. No big deal, just remove both and soak in white vinegar for an hour.

Buy this pool you won't regret it!
review image review image review image review image review image
on May 3, 2015
The pool is the perfect size for my 10 yr old, we will have this through her teen years. The tarp was a bit small and you have to buy your own sand and salt, startup does not come with it FYI. Came with little hole, intex is replacing it without an issue, great purchase, worth the money.
on June 6, 2015
Great pool with an upgraded sand filter. This is the best pool value around. Slight problem with ordering was immediately resolved by CS.
on September 1, 2015
My husband I bought this on sale for our children this summer. Best investment ever. It is imperative that you level the ground perfectly, first. Set up was easy, although it did take longer than an hour. All of the instructions are clear and easy to follow!
on August 6, 2015
Awesome pool. Easy setup. The only drawback with this kind of pool is that you need to have your ground absolutely level before you start. Once that is done, setup is a breeze. Haven't had this pool very long so I can't attest to the durability but it looks like it's made pretty well and should last a good long while. Pretty good filter and pump included with this model.
on September 6, 2015
Intex is the brand of choice for me. I have gotten one of these pool every few years for awhile now. They are very durable and well built. This one had the sand filter included. This is one of the best upgrades you can get for this type of pool.

This is by far a great bang for your buck. I could buy one of these every year for 10 years and still not spend half what I would for an inground pool.

Keep up this quality!!!
on June 25, 2016
This pool has done very well, especially for the price. We ordered it with the sand filter pump based on other reviews. The pump is nice and strong even when using a salt water system and a solar pool heater. We didn't backwash enough at first, but once we back washed until the water came out clear, it did a fantastic job of keeping the water nice and clear. The pool bottom has a few wrinkles in it as my husband set it up and started filling it while I was at work. We aren't sure how it will come down and store for next year. My only recommendation is to buy the salt water system with the pool. I didn't decide until after I had the pool and checked out the chlorine supplies. I had forgotten how complicated chlorine is to use, but the salt water system is so easy!!!
on July 28, 2016
Very big pool, was very easy to put up. It is my first pool and getting the hoses in and set up was easy. The sand filter pump that came with it works great. Instructions for me were a little confusing but it is my first pool. Very good quality pool, my family and I are very satisfied and enjoying the summer :)
on July 28, 2015
This pool is perfect and a great value. This is our second purchase of an Intex Pool and the quality is excellent.
on September 3, 2015
Wonderful addition to our backyard! Pretty easy to set up, once the yard was leveled. It took about 2 days to fill using 2 garden hoses. Our 9 year old can splash on one end and the 20 year olds can float undisturbed on the other side. Hours of family entertainment. The entire family is thrilled with this purchase.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.