Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
2-Year Sporting Goods Protection Planfrom Assurant
- Delievered by email; register and file claims online or by phone
- We will fix the item, replace, or pay up to the original purchase cost of the item. Zero deductible.
- Cancel anytime for a full refund within the first 30 days.
- Some customers may purchase service plans and eligible products on Amazon. If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan.
- Used or refurbished products, or products purchased for commercial use, are not eligible.
Intex Challenger K2 Kayak, 2-Person Inflatable Kayak Set with Aluminum Oars and High Output Air Pump
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The Intex Challenger K2 Kayak is sporty and fun with a streamlined design for easy paddling
- The bright green color and sporty graphics make the kayak highly visible in the water
- Two 86 inch aluminum paddles and an Intex high-output pump for easy inflation and deflation
- Made of company's rugged, Super-Tough vinyl that's puncture- and UV damage-resistant for long term durability
- Measures 30 by 15 by 138 inches (W x H x D) inflated, with 400-pound maximum weight limit; includes two 86-inch aluminum oars, high-capacity pump, and repair patch kit
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
|Challenger K1||Challenger K2||Explorer K2|
|Inflated Size||9' X 2'6" X 1'1"||11'6" X 2'6" X 1'3"||10'3" X 3' X 1'8"|
|Weight||23.9 lb||33.57 lb||31.13 lb|
|Weight Capacity||220 lb (100 kg)||400 lb (180 kg)||400 lb (180 kg)|
|Accessories||86" Aluminum Oars & High-Output Air Pump||86" Aluminum Oars & High-Output Air Pump||86" Aluminum Oars & High-Output Air Pump|
Challenger K2 Kayak 2 person kayak is made of rugged SUPER-TOUGH vinyl made stronger for durability. High visibility graphics allow others to see you easily. The cockpit is designed for comfort and space and has an inflatable seat and backrest. US Coat Guard ID.
The Intex Challenger K2 kayak offers two people a sleek, easy-paddling, and highly portable craft to explore lakes and easy rivers. It's made of the company's rugged, Super-Tough vinyl that's puncture- and UV damage-resistant for long term durability, and the cockpit is designed to optimize comfort and space. High visibility graphics allow others to see you easily on the water, and the craft is US Coast Guard approved.
- Two-person inflatable water craft for lakes and mild rivers
- Comfortable and spacious cockpit includes two inflatable seats and backrests
- Inflatable floor for both comfort and rigidity
- High visibility graphics give a sporty flair and maximize safety on the water
- Cargo net to keep essentials handy
- Grab line on both ends of kayak for easy carrying
- Measures 30 by 15 by 138 inches (W x H x D) inflated
- 400-pound maximum weight limit
- Includes two 86-inch aluminum oars, high-capacity pump, and repair patch kit
About Intex Recreation
Intex Recreation makes above ground swimming pools, air beds, inflatable toys, pool and lake boats, and the proprietary Intex Saltwater Pool System. The company has been in business for over 40 years, and is a global leader in designing and producing innovative products for indoor and outdoor recreation.
Intex products meet the most stringent safety standards, undergoing intensive testing to ensure years of safety and satisfaction. During the manufacturing process, trained Intex employees continuously monitor a wide range of factors, including quality of raw materials, calibration of the machines, manufacture and assembly of each product, product testing, and careful packaging of every item.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Legal DisclaimerCanada and Mexico Residents must include minimum international shipping fee.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
We were wrong to be so.
This kayak is amazing. I've taken it out about 3 times now for extended periods of time (8+ hours).
-No skid problems (like some reviews mention)
-no control problems
-durability is quite amazing.
I even use this 2 person one when I go out on my own. Taking out the 2nd seat gives me tons of storage space!!
Packing up/taking out have a learning curve but it's easy to get into the swing of it. Just read the instructions and you'll be fine :)
Taking it out on rougher waters tomorrow. Will update.
This kayak is a great option for someone who needs the portability of it or lacks the space to store a hard kayak. This kayak was a savior in college being able to throw it into the trunk of my car and collapsing it into a bag that could fit into a closet. You can throw it in the trunk, drive to the lake, and in 20 min be into the water enjoying yourself. This is the same when breaking it down. You can have it packed back up in roughly 20 min again and have it in your trunk. I just make sure to wipe it down with a towel before folding it up.
I used this kayak mainly for fishing (I know an inflatable for fishing?). But this kayak is made of tougher material than you would think and could take a hook grazing along it or bumping into sticks or going over some occasional rocks. If this does get a puncture, it is actually relatively easy to glue and patch with the right resources. I had this happen with my past kayak and after sealing it, I had no problems with future leaks. I have gone into the trees along the edge of the lake when getting snagged and accidentally gone over shallow water and bottomed out without any issues.
The kayak can accommodate 2 people although somewhat snugly. You can definitely have 2 people in here but based on weight/size you might not have much more room for other supplies. It is manageable but I much prefer using one seat at a time and using the extra storage space for my backpack, fishing pole, anchor, tackle box, etc. The seats clip in and are pretty comfortable and you can actually sit the seat in 1/2 Velcro spots along the bottom of the inside. I basically move my back seat up as far as I can on the back Velcro spot and then I am set to use it as a one-seater.
The mesh part in the front is nice for some extra on-top storage. It stays relatively dry and holds my flip flops, life jacket, and other items pretty well. You can also use the rope around the edges of it for grabbing/carrying the kayak. There is also a bit of room under the front and back of the kayak as well for your flatter items. I can usually throw my flip flops, fish net, tarp, and life jacket under the front. In the back, I can usually throw my bag and pump and extra seat under the back edge.
The kayak actually navigates pretty true. With the skeg on, it tracks pretty well and can actually go decently fast. It probably can't compete with a hard kayak but it definitely isn't a "toy". I have had absolutely no issues with the skeg coming off either as others have stated. It has NEVER gotten loose and actually can take a little muscle at times to get out. The skeg just slides into the plastic cut-out on the bottom. If you're going forward and it gets hit on the bottom, it can only go inward so it shouldn't really come loose from that either. Just make sure it clicks fully into place - that's my best advice. Maybe others aren't fully engaging it.
Overall, this is a very nice starter kayak or kayak for those that cannot afford or don't have the storage for a hard one. I have had a very positive experience with it and would recommend it to anyone. I get compliments on it all the time and people walk over to see what it is. If you have any questions just comment and I will try to answer them for you.