Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $39.59 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Intex Excursion Inflatable Boat Series
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Rugged vinyl construction with inflatbale I-Beam floor for comfort and duribality
- All around grab line and handle on bow
- 2 fishing rod holders, gear pouch, inflatable seat cushions with backrest and oar holders included
- motor mount fittings attached
- 4 person boat with 1,100-pound weight limit.Maximum Weight Capacity: 725 pounds
- Rugged vinyl construction with inflatable I-Beam floor for comfort and durability
- All around grab line and handle on bow
Frequently bought together
More items to explore
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
First and foremost it does not seat 5 people. It is more of a 2 to maybe 3 adults. 2 adults and a couple of kids would work pretty well.
Second, trying to row this big boat is tough. You will want a trolling motor for this boat.
Third, at least in North Dakota, if you put a trolling motor on any boat, including inflatables, it needs to be registered with game and fish and you have to follow boating laws. (If you dont put a motor on it you shouldnt have to register it)
Fourth, this is an air boat, it works extremely well on little to no current. I havent tried it in a river with a current yet but i dont think i want to.
Overall im very pleased with this boat. It seems to be tough as the vinyl is thicker than an air mattress. The fishing pole holders seem cheap and in dont think id trust my poles using them. The boat is very portable but is pretty heavy. Much easier to load and unload with 2 people. Also this boat is rated for 1300 pounds people and equipment weight. I have at least 800 pounds in my boat at all times and it floats great and moves pretty good (5 mphish) with the trolling motor.
Alright, if you are still reading here are my suggestions of what you should buy with the purchase of this boat.
1. Trolling motor mounting kit
2. Trolling motor (i used a minn kota endura max 40 thrust). The boat is only rated to 30 thrust or 1.5 hp (33lbs max motor weight according to the box) but im pretty confident you could fit a bigger motor on this if you wanted to.
3. Minn kota power center battery box. This box is great, it shows you battery life remaining and has spots for dc power so you can charge your phone and whatnot.
4. A 29 series deep cycle battery. I used an everstart maxx 29 from walmart
5. Minn kota portable battery charger. I like this charger because it has overcharge protection and is very lightweight and easy to use.
6. A 4 pack of life vests. I bought the orange cheapos but they work fine just to be legal
7. An air horn
8. An anchor. I think mine is 3 or 5 lbs. Trust me you want an anchor as the boat floats away easily when you are trying to stay still.
9. I bought a fire extinguisher. Not required by law but it makes me feel safer
10. Bow and stearn light (green/red for bow and white for back). I found a set for inflatables on amazon and they are AA battery powered.
11. An electric air pump. I bought a dc powered one so i can use the truck at the lake to power the pump and inflate the boat.
12. Industrial strength outdoor velcro. Stuff kind of flops around in the boat. Velcro keeps stuff organized
13. I would consider buying a couple large plastic bins to carry and store the boat
14. Loctite! The bolts holding the motor mount seem to loosen on their own. Using some loctite should help that
15. I am buying led light strips for my boat for better lighting at night
16. Buy dock bumpers if you plan on landing this at a dock. You dont want sharp metal or wood puncturing it
check out my Pics
I was finally able to register and test out the replacement Intex Corp. sent me. I used a Newport Vessel 55 Lbs Trolling Motor (Available On Amazon! Great Motor!) paired with a Wal-Mart DC29 Marine Battery with 122 Amp Hour and attached the motor to the Intex Motor Mount I purchased for the prior boat. I was able to inflate the boat in 20 to 25 Minutes thanks to the Intex Electric Pump. With no modification to the boat (with the exception of leaving the front seat behind I took it out into the lake. The boat did very well in the water with the motor it was paired with. The older model has lower walls than the newer model but it did not cause any issues even when dealing with large wakes by larger and faster boats. You do feel the wakes left off by other faster and larger boats so unless you add your own wood flooring standing on this is close to impossible. About 2 hours into being in the lake I did feel like the boat was slightly deflated and got a bit paranoid. I was warned that PVC has a tendency to stretch a bit as the day gets warmer as it causes the air in the boat to expand. Fortunately I had the measuring strip provided with the boat and the boat kept its pressure. Deflation was simple but unfortunately the bag (Cheap bag) ripped easily so I now wrap it with a tarp that I lay down under the boat to inflate it. I have yet to use the oars to row the boat but honestly... I don't trust them...
After everything I have dealt with I have to admit that I am satisfied that the replacement model worked and gave me no issues. It is a rather large boat and I could have definitely had 2 or 3 more people with me on the boat. It was infuriating to pay for the registration all over again and dealing with Intex Customer Service but overall I am satisfied with the product. I am considering purchasing one of their Kayaks but I would have to test & evaluate ASAP in order to deal with Amazon with the return rather than Intex... I should point out some things:
Easy To Set Up
Plenty Of Space To Sit
Works Well With 55 Lbs Trolling Motor (About 6 to 8 MPH)
4 Rod Holders
Comes With Essentials (Oars, Hand Pump, Bag)
Included Bag Is Thinner & Cheaper Than A Black Trash Bag... It Will Rip...
Pump Is Fair Quality But Can Break.
Others Have Complaint Of Oars Breaking. Oars Do Feel Weak.
Quality Control Issues With Manufacturing Facilities. Seam leaks seem to be a common defect.
Customer Service Is Sub Standard & Online Claim System Is Broken.
Test any Intex product before you hit the water with it ASAP for leaks and/or manufactures defects.
Intex Boats Only Have A 90 Day Warranty
If any issues with your Intex Product occurs, and your in the Return Window with Amazon, return for exchange or refund through Amazon. Otherwise you will have to deal with Intex Corp. & I promise you that you will be disappointed & infuriated...
Top reviews from other countries
Heavy duty vinyl keeps safe, it’s easy to inflate, deflate and store.