Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
2-Year Sporting Goods Protection Planfrom Assurant
- Delievered by email; register and file claims online or by phone
- We will fix the item, replace, or pay up to the original purchase cost of the item. Zero deductible.
- Cancel anytime for a full refund within the first 30 days.
- Some customers may purchase service plans and eligible products on Amazon. If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan.
- Used or refurbished products, or products purchased for commercial use, are not eligible.
Intex Explorer K2 Kayak, 2-Person Inflatable Kayak Set with Aluminum Oars and High Output Air Pump
- Low Return Rate: 18% fewer returns than similar products
- Best Seller: #1 best seller in Kayaks
- Highly Rated: More than 80% 4 star and 5 star reviews
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- COMFORTABLE FOR ANYONE: Kayak includes an adjustable inflatable seat with backrest;Cockpit designed for comfort and space
- DIMENSIONS: Kayak measures 20 x 36 x 123 inches
- DIRECTIONAL STABILITY: Removable skeg for directional stability
- INCREASED VISIBILITY: In case of emergency, bright yellow color helps visibility
- MADE FOR SMALLER BODIES OF WATER: Explorer K2 is made for smaller bodies of water including lakes and mild rivers
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
|Challenger K1||Challenger K2||Explorer K2|
|Inflated Size||9' X 2'6" X 1'1"||11'6" X 2'6" X 1'3"||10'3" X 3' X 1'8"|
|Weight||23.9 lb||33.57 lb||31.13 lb|
|Weight Capacity||220 lb (100 kg)||400 lb (180 kg)||400 lb (180 kg)|
|Accessories||86" Aluminum Oars & High-Output Air Pump||86" Aluminum Oars & High-Output Air Pump||86" Aluminum Oars & High-Output Air Pump|
The Intex Explorer K2 Kayak is sporty and fun with a streamlined design for easy paddling. The bright yellow color and sporty graphics makes the kayak highly visible in the water. Great for experiencing lakes and mild rivers with a friend, this Sports Series kayak is perfect for two adults. Lightweight and compact, this kayak is a snap to assemble, and allows you to take the fun of kayaking wherever you go. Made with rugged vinyl construction, this sturdy kayak has an inflatable I-beam floor for comfort and rigidity. A removable skeg provides directional stability, while two adjustable, inflatable seats with backrests are included for comfort. Quick inflating or deflating is a breeze with a Boston valve on each side. A grab line and grab handle at each end is provided for your convenience, as well as a U.S. Coast Guard I.D., and a repair patch kit. The Explorer K2 Kayak provides added accessories including: two 86”aluminum oars and an Intex high-output pump for easy inflation and deflation.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Legal DisclaimerMain US shipments only please, no Alaska and Hawaii
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
For the boating itself, this craft is ok. It doesn't seem as smooth or can go as fast as a hard plastic boat. But that's fine considering it's $100-200 less. I even took it through some mild rapids (still choppy enough to splash me good) and it held up fine.
The fin/skeg works fine and is easy to install but requires decent hand strength to remove (a good thing). It basically clicks in place and you have to push a tab down to remove it. I drilled a hole and put a fishing line through it in case the skeg falls off as suggested by others, but this is unnecessary. I even started heading away from shore once and the skeg, and only the skeg, hit an underwater boulder. I was going about 3mph when it hit and came to a dead stop, all 200+ lbs of the boat and people. The skeg edge was a little scratched but in place at the end. Maybe Intex updated the skeg after it 1st came out. I'm going to remove the fishing line before the next trip because it is unnecessary and gets seaweed,etc caught in it creating more drag.
If you were to give me the choice (price not an issue) b/w a hard plastic boat and this, I'd pick the hard boat. That said, I'm very happy with this very inexpensive and easy to transport kayak.
This is an inflatable kayak, and those who review it in comparison to a solid hull craft are doing it a disservice. You are not going to go white water kayaking with this and you're not going to be going on week long jaunts with tons of gear either, it is meant to be recreational in purpose, nothing more. With that in mind for the price you cannot go wrong. Also comparing this to the 4-600 dollar models is not fair either, it is not meant to be in that class.
Drill a hole in the Skeg and tie a line to it and then to the stern of the kayak to prevent losing it. It WILL come out as others have said.
Do not overinflate the seats, they don't need to be rock hard.
Get some longer oars if you can afford it. Better quality wouldn't hurt either. But if you can't the stock one will work in a pinch.
1st time you use it make sure you reach inside and press the drain plug in the stern in FIRMLY. it will come out and your back side will get soggy.
Get a better bag to store it in. I use a large Coleman duffle bag I had laying around. The bag they give you is crap and will tear out. Plus it will not hold the oars anyway.
Other than that just enjoy it. it is nice way to waste and afternoon.