Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 32 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 36 reviews
on April 6, 2013
There are those who call themselves "christian" but live very superficial lives - one foot in the world, one in heaven. These are those Jesus considers His vomit and He will spew them out of His mouth. HOWEVER - if you are SERIOUS about dying to self, about taking up your cross and following after Christ....if you pray and ask Him to remove ALL from you that is keeping you from HIM in intimate relationship (NOT RELIGION) then this is a book for you.
on March 14, 2017
Tremendously written in a prophetic style that transcends the ages. This book is not for the casual Christian, whatever that may be, this book is for the totally committed to Christ who know Him not just in their heads but also know Him by experience. One of the finer mystic writers.The Fall of Christendom and the Separation of the Remnant: Are You Part of God's remnant?
on December 20, 2013
This book is one of the best I've ever read. Jeanne Guyon writes of how to experience Jesus through excellent methods of praying the Scriptures. She tells us to slow down, take in the Word slowly, and then to ruminate on it until we have drawn out the essence of what God is saying to us. I have found this to be an excellent approach especially in our fast paced world that scans everything and rarely slows down. When we meditate in prayer on God's Word, that is the only way to get His goodness into us. We try to be good, we work harder at it, and we just can't get there. The reason is we are trying in our own power. Only by getting His Word into us can we change and be transformed into the image of Christ (2 Cor 3:18). This book I will re-read over and over. I highly recommend this book.
on July 16, 2014
Jeanne-Marie Bouvier de la Mothe born April 18, 1648 at Montargis, France would marry Mr. Guyon and become Madame Jeanne Guyon - she died June 9, 1717 at Blois, France and
in the years between would become the outstanding Christian lady that history gives us. Both Catholic and Protestant Christians revere her and her teachings on the deeper life - so vividly shown in the book of letters "Intimacy with Christ"! They make for a great daily read as a devotional as well as teaching tool of Christian values!
on June 28, 2011
This was my first book by Jeanned Guyon. My heart was so convicted for a deeper walk with the Lord that I had to buy her other books.Experiencing the Depths of Jesus Christ (Library of Spiritual Classics, Volume 2)Madame Jeanne Guyon: Experiencing Union with God Through Inner Prayer & the Way and Results of Union with God (Pure Gold Classics) I don't seem to get enough of reading about her relationship with Jesus. I wish my life had the time to spend in prayer like she had. Our society is too too busy and is losing its priorities.
on August 11, 2016
Written almost in a "daily devotion" format, it is an easy to understand but rich resource in cultivating intimacy with Christ in the interior, secret garden in His kingdom.
on November 4, 2016
Beautiful. I love the book. I don't know what words to use to describe the glorious feeling I get when I read her advice about becoming one with Christ.
on September 7, 2012
This is a book for those who want to have an intimate relationship with Christ. The author shared her experience in how she became so intimate with the Lord Jesus Christ. It is not a book that you can just read through, but a very slow, thoughtful reading. Even though they are short chapters, I have read some of them over and over again. This book is excellent and I encourage you to buy one and start reading it.
on June 5, 2015
I absolutely love this book. It's a book to keep going back to and the writings are so poetic. I keep it beside me on the settee so I can keep picking it up to read. It will remain my most favourite book.
on May 9, 2016
Brilliant read what more can I say. She certainly helps us to get closer to JESUS our LORD.