Oil month Automotive Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on October 30, 2013
While you really can't go wrong for the price, there are much better options on the market for surprisingly affordable prices. It works quite well and takes relatively good pictures for what it is and what it costs, but does suffer from a number of drawbacks. Firstly, the internal storage is enough for about 30 pictures, which is not unexpected, but it only accommodates micro-SD cards. Not a problem, right, until you consider that it can only handle ones of a 2GB size and smaller. That's number two, most stores do not carry those sizes any longer because of demand so do not get caught on vacation without adequate cards. The upside is that the pictures, in my experience, take only about 200KB of storage, meaning you can get a tad under 1,000 pictures on a card assuming no video. Finally, with the explosion in technology and dropping prices, there is little need to get this type of starter camera unless you are getting it for an adolescent.

I upgraded this to the Fuji XJ50, still a starter in my opinion, a year or so ago for better HD video and pictures and am incredibly pleased. I've kept this on hand as a just in case back-up.
on May 25, 2014
The camera took great pictures in the swimming pool. When we got in the water in our SCUBA gear, it worked great as long as the camera is fairly clear. To be honest, it is a GREAT camera to send with a kid to the pool, but if you are going SCUBA diving, then invest in a better camera. It is a good camera to take with you to the beach. It will NOT get wet.

The seal, and the CAM that locks the case down and keeps it watertight is strong and i was very impressed with the design of it.
on June 13, 2010
This camera worked great in the pool and the Carribean Sea. The pictures were very good if you or your subject did not move too much. No water got in the camera case. Pictures of objects in the distance were distorted on the ends due to the camera case. I purchased this camera and a digital camera maskLiquid Image Exploer Series 3.1MP Underwater Mask - Digital Camera that cost $150. This camera took pictures almost as good as the $150 model. We used it for 2 weeks without troubles. Take lots of photos, or use the video for a minute or less. Larger video files can slow down computers during playback.
on November 30, 2011
I didn't know what to expect from this small and cheap camera, since the simmilars that can operate at the same deep are much more expensive, but I was really surprised, because it has a good quality and is quite easy of use. Although I undersntand that its primary use is for videos (and allways when I turn on it it goes to video mode), it did several photos with good quality. Videos are also good, don't expect an excellent frame rate, but it has a good quality. The only point that is quite poor is that its small screen doesn't help too much underwater, it's quite difficult to see things on it specially if you are using a dive mask. But, as I said before, it worths its price.
on June 2, 2014
Well this didn't work for me. My vacation of snorkeling with pictures didn't happen. And since I was in another country. I was not going to return the camera. So I took a lost on this one. Not saying don't buy. Just make sure it works before trying to use. Good Luck
on February 23, 2012
The product is okay nothing great but for it's money it is a decent waterproof camera only problem is that the buttons are hard to press specially when u are in water so by the time u to press it the thing u were tryin to take a picture of has swum off. It is a good idea to take a few practise shots before really using it.
on April 10, 2013
Great underwater images in pool, focal distance just right for stroke critiquing, no extra lighting needed. Instructions and controls require a little time to figure out. Camera screen hard to see for filming or playback, but computer images excellent (USB cable included). Unbeatable for the price. You can get the required silicone grease for the gasket for $3 in the plumbing dept at Home Depot. You will need a memory card for video, I got a 4 gig one for $5 shipped on Amazon. Make sure to use quality batteries, cheap ones don't last long.
on May 10, 2013
Its an okay buy, but i wanted it to show a little more clearer. It takes ok pics underwater but only in clear water from what i see. I took some videos, and pic and they show good between the ranges of 5 and 20 feet. but what else u expect for 40 buxks i guess
on October 8, 2012
Camera pooped out after 15 pictures. It just quit and would not power on. checked batteries and tryed everything with no luck. really disappointed after buying just over a month ago, packed the camera for Hawaii, then get back only to find out that the return period had ended one day before we returned home. Not worth the shipping on return/replacement considering we wont be needing for quite some time and that even if we did I would not trust a replacement to perform any better. Look for another brand. Avoid this one
on October 28, 2011
You can use it for fun, it is really cheap. I used it to take pics in the pool and in the ocean.I took videos of fish, and they look pretty good.
The buttons are hard to push, but I think I will get use to it.
It has LCD screen, not as big as I will like to, but it works.
You can put a microSD for more pics.
And it is lightweight.

Usually waterproof cameras are really expensive, so this is a good option if you want to try photography under the water.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question