Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now toystl17_gno

Size: cool 16GB card+1080p|Color: Clear/Red|Change
Price:$115.83+ $4.91 shipping

Showing 1-10 of 49 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 77 reviews
on July 3, 2012
I was looking for a camera to use on a recent SCUBA trip to the Caribbean and it came down to a debate between the Intova Sport Pro HD and Go Pro HD Hero2. I took a chance with the Intova Sport Pro HD because it had the following nice advantages over the Go Pro:

1. Flat casing around the lens means that it won't have problems focusing underwater like the stock case of the Go Pro HD Hero 2 (fwiw, Go Pro sells a dive housing for an extra $50).
2. Standard tripod mount makes it fairly versatile and means I don't need additional strange mounts.
3. Manual white balance
4. Available red filter for when I'm too lazy to white balance underwater
5. Integrated LCD screen
6. Cheaper

Initial tests were optimistic with the Intova Sport Pro HD. Video quality was good, but not spectacular. The red filter added in nice colors underwater. Audio was okay, but had the presence of a distinct whine in the background. Still pictures were rather mediocre as it needs to be very still underwater and I have not yet fully mastered the fine art of buoyancy control. In any case, it was inexpensive and took decent video to document interesting stuff underwater. The buttons were firm but I could still navigate the menus underwater with no difficulty. It was good but not great device.

Well, that is until the second day of the trip. Sometime during my fourth dive of the trip the battery got low and it powered off. This was understandable as it had been running for about three hours at that point. I charged the device and the next morning it wouldn't power on even when outside of water (I tried turning the camera on before jumping off the boat and it didn't work). Further attempts to charge it were fruitless. The design of the device makes it impossible to take the camera out of the casing and examine the battery. So, I was left without a camera for the last fifteen dives of my vacation.

I've sent two emails to Intova, tweeted to them, and called their customer service line over the past eight days and I have yet to receive any response or acknowledgement from Intova. At this point I'm writing the device off and have concluded I would've been better off spending the extra money to get the Go Pro HD Hero2.
88 comments| 142 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 27, 2013
If you expecting professional quality videos, go buy the $2000.00 camera. This camera takes decent still photos and surprised me of the HD video quality. I've used it for 10+ dives now and never leaked or had problems (I use silicon every dive). The is a good buy for the price. Yes the buttons are stiff also.
review image review image review image
on April 7, 2014
I purchased this camera for Myron's birthday gift. My other son has the Top of the line go pro and I thought it would be interesting to see how the intova camera competed with the go pro.After receiving his gift we were off to Mexico for eight days. Both cameras performed very well and actually the intova camera seemed to be more user-friendly with its built-in display. The go pro needs an upgrade to get a display. The camera is still functioning as it should and I think my son is using the intova more due to its simplicity. I think for the price of this camera it cannot be beat in terms of a waterproof camera. I would recommend it to anyone who is considering a camera that needs to go deeper than 15 or so feet.
on September 24, 2012
This camera is awesome. I had a GoPro Hero 1 which worked great but on our last vacation it ended up in the pool with my 9 year old daughter and her friends. My hero 1 did not have the optional waterproof housing, needless to say it was time to upgrade. This time I was going to get something waterproof. After web surfing around I took a chance on Intova Sport HD. The new GoPro Hero 2 comes with a waterproof housing but was more expensive and had less waterproof features. Intova's Sport HD camera includes a built in LCD screen, and function buttons built into the housing for editing. Because these new video cameras are so light and small, its fun and easy to take action video. Seeing your home movies in HD is really cool, the video quality is amazing. I only been able to use my new camera few times. Since then, the kids or friends are borrowing it. I may have to get another one. Sport HD is a great value.

Pros-
Easy to use
Housing floats
Built in LCD screen
Full feature buttons built into housing
Price

Cons
No optical zoom
on March 27, 2014
Takes fantastic photos and even better video! A truly great starter camera for underwater adventures. I recently started diving, and I have taken it down to 75ft without any trouble, taken hundreds of photos and dozens of videos without issue, all for a VERY decent price. All of these photos were taken on the same dives that another diver had very expensive professional camera, and while his closeups were a little better quality (not a lot!), my wide angle shots of the scenery and coral were at least as good or even better than a lot of his with no professional experience. Get the red filter if you plan to be deeper than maybe 10 ft or so, but otherwise a perfect inexpensive option for taking underwater photos and videos!
*Bonus: If you let go if it, it floats, and I have personally lost ahold of mine and had someone on the surface scoop it up and return it to me. Definitely a nice feature.
on June 11, 2015
I purchased this camera on special for about $50 and thought I got a very good deal. The camera takes decent pictures and video and is fairly easy to use. It probably has more features and adjustibility than I will ever need or want. It also has pretty good battery life.

The only problem I have had is that the power on/off switch will not turn the camera off. Have only used the camera in the field 6 or 8 times when this problem started.
on March 30, 2015
First of all, the price was right! Great little sports cam for the money. Videos are awesome in which ever format you choose. The picture quality was a little bit pixelated, but still nice for what it is. Works like a champ and the water proof case does its job. The only down fall is that the batteries are not exchangeable. The only way to keep filming on a trip is to use those battery sticks, that's the only solution I can think of. Buttons are easy to press, even with the case opened. Opening the case was an ease for me as well. I don't know why some reviews say its complicated or what not. In my opinion, this is an awesome product!
I purchased the Invota Sport Pro HD video camera despite several very critical reviews. Enticed by the pricepoint, I was hoping I would have better luck . However, it failed within a few hours of use right and after the second battery charge. This product has many flaws and is not ready for market in my opinion.

1) The housing was extremely difficult to open for the first time. Almost as though there was a partial vacuum inside. With great care, I had to use a jeweler's screwdriver to pry open the door and even then it was resistant to opening. After the first opening the door operated normally which leads me to think it may have been manufactured at altitude. I am at 550'.

2) I didn't mind the buttons being hard to press as other reviewers commented but I found that the controls were often not activated by a press of the buttons, quite frustrating. Felt as though the inside surface of the housing buttons is just a little too short to make good contact the the camera's buttons.

3) The wrist strap broke immediately upon use as another reviewer commented.

4) The image quality was about what I expected at the price point.

5) The camera went completely dead after the first battery charge in the field. It was charged from an automotive USB cable. I returned the unit to Amazon for a full refund.
on March 31, 2013
This camera is very good: it is small, easy to use and the pictures and videos quality are more than enough for non professionals underwater photographers which dive just for fun.

Many people are saying the buttons are hard. Yes, they are, but it was not a problem for me at all.

Do not forget to clean the O ring and seal it with silicone grease, even at the first time you are using the camera. This is a standard procedure for all underwater camera before diving. I strongly recommend you buying the red lens, it will make your pictures more colorful and you will not have to waste your time photoshopping them.

You can check by yourself two videos I filmed with this camera, just use this links for youtube:

[...]

[...]

I hope you enjoy it!!
on May 4, 2015
I struggled with myself in ordering this as there were some negative reviews about leakage and battery concerns but it proved a great buy. The leakage problem seems to be easily solved by opening the case and applying silicon gel as instructed before taking it in the water, I never had a problem. Also the stiffness of the buttons seems to be a matter of taste, I like it as I tend to be in and out of the water and prefer to not have to worry about accidentally turning it on. All in all, so far so good.