From the Back Cover
Maya 3D animation and effects software is a top choice for film and video creators, game artists, and 3D design professionals. Now you can learn to build and animate your own digital models and scenes, and begin developing professional-level Maya skills, with Introducing Maya 2011.
A perennial favorite and bestseller, this latest edition is the ideal introduction to 3D and Maya. Starting with the basics, the book builds from the ground up, combining straightforward text with fun and practical examples to make it easy to learn Maya's core tools. Follow clear-cut, step-by-step lessons while you learn by doing, using a wealth of hands-on files provided on the CD. You'll also find striking examples from talented Maya users to inspire you.
- Learn the core concepts of CG and working in 3D
- Get a fast but thorough primer on Maya 2011's user interface
- Jump right in and build a simple animation of the planets in the solar system
- Explore the basics of NURBS and subdivision surfaces modeling
- Get lots of experience with polygonal modeling by creating a human hand, a decorative box, and a steam locomotive
- Learn how to use photo-real textures on models for stunning results
- Rig for animation and learn automation, kinematics, constraints, and more
- Master sophisticated HDRI lighting, mental ray rendering, dynamics, and effects techniques
The enclosed CD features images, movies, and scene files that let you view material from the book. The support files will enable you to complete all of the tutorials.