|Digital List Price:||$24.95|
|Print List Price:||$25.95|
Save $11.46 (44%)
An Introduction to Functional Programming Through Lambda Calculus (Dover Books on Mathematics) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
This month's Book With Buzz: "The Lying Game" by Ruth Ware
From the instant New York Times bestselling author of blockbuster thrillers "In a Dark, Dark Wood" and "The Woman in Cabin 10" comes Ruth Ware’s chilling new novel. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
The coolest part is that this volume shows you how to do everything with lambda calculus, that is with functions. Numbers, booleans, recursion, its all here. Great fun for the right kind of person.
This is a THEORY book, there is a bit of ML in it (but not much).
If you are having issues understanding the Functional Language Paradigm, take a step back and get this book. I struggled for a year trying to understand Functional Programming and after reading this book and going through the exercises, I had a better picture of what to do and could step into Haskell and Erlang easier than before.
I think, everybody who intends to learn Functional Programming would read this book, first.
The book is much better than Barendregt's book if you are simply looking to understand some of the concepts behind lambda calculus and not a full blown theoretical exposition of all that lambda calculus has to offer. Personally I just want to learn lambda calculus to help develop my intuition of functional programming languages.
Most recent customer reviews
1. Introduces lambda calculus and goes through examples of evaluating expressions
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Functional
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Introductory & Beginning
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Object-Oriented Design
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming Languages
- Books > Science & Math > Mathematics > Pure Mathematics > Calculus
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science & Math > Mathematics > Pure Mathematics > Calculus