- Series: Cambridge Textbooks in Linguistics
- Paperback: 500 pages
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press (October 26, 1984)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0521297044
- ISBN-13: 978-0521297042
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 1 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.7 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 2 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,133,469 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Introduction to the Grammar of English (Cambridge Textbooks in Linguistics)
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Customers who bought this item also bought
'Dr Huddleston's style is both lucid and relaxed, so Introduction to the Grammar of English can be recommended even to those with no previous knowledge of linguistics ... Despite the good coverage of linguistic terms, this is a jargon-free book.' EFL Gazette
Written for students without knowledge of linguistics and unfamiliar with "traditional" grammar, this text concentrates on providing a much needed foundation in Standard English in preparation for more advanced work in theoretical linguistics.
Browse award-winning titles. See more