From the Back Cover
Information technology surrounds us - in how we communicate, how we do business, how we shop, and how we learn. Smart phones, iPods, PDAs, and wireless devices dominate our lives, and yet it's all too easy for students to take information technology and information systems for granted. Rainer and Cegielski's Introduction to Information Systems, 3rd Edition helps make information technology come alive in the classroom. This text takes students where IT impacts business helping them understand how valuable information technology is to their future careers. This 3rd edition provides a concise and accessible coverage of core IT and IS topics while connecting these topics to Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Management, Human resources, and Operations, enabling students to discover how critical IS and IT is to each functional area and every business.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
- Two new Chapters have been added:
- Chapter 9: Customer Relation Management
- Chapter 10: Supply Chain Management
- New Video Clips for Chapters have been added:
- Chapters 1 and 2
- Chapters 3-12
- Updated Interactive Case, features Ruby's , a music club for which students must make IT decisions and put to use the concepts they have learned in a fun and interactive way.