Salon Beauty Summer Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

The Intruder
Format: Paperback|Change

on January 18, 2015
I am not a big fan of fiction but I do read sci-fi occationally. So far I have finished 50% of the book and I couldn't stop myself from writing a review about this book.

Greg has written an amazing plot. The story is about Jeremy's survival. I love the way the story turns every now and then. It's an action filled novel. I wonder if someone will make it into a movie someday..

Alright, getting back to reading the rest of the book. Thank you for writing such an rad book.
on August 15, 2014
Did you ever want to know more about small town life? And how any one person from a small town copes in a mega city? Well from a very good author comes a plot about society that uses audio and video feeds direct to their brain versus a person from an outside "commune" that uses regular ways of communication, and how after he is fitted with the feeds how he copes.
on October 5, 2013
While I really enjoyed The Intruder and it's unique take on a splitting of society, I think it tried to push plot twists a little too far at times and focused more on that than the progression of the story. It took a little getting used to, but eventually it just became expected and worked well; just a style that I am not really used to.

The plot and how everything interconnects was very well written and thought out; all the pieces to the puzzle are slowly revealed, even ones that you didn't even know existed. Everytime you think you know what is going to happen next, something gets in the way of it happening and the tables are turned. When the hallucinations started to be introduced I was worried that it would fall into a world of disbelief, but the author thought that through as well and it was incorporated into the story slowly and, again, in a very believable way.

The technology in the book is well rounded based on where it is currently heading and it's "nefarious" uses sound like today's society advanced. Everything is kept close enough to current reality that it makes sense and is easy to follow. If you like to read about the future of technology or deep government conspiracy and spying on privacy, this might just be the book for you.
2 people found this helpful
on September 3, 2013
Books like this are one of the reasons i love trying new sci fi authors. I've come across a lot of duds recently, but happily this was a nice surprise. Its well written, pretty well paced and come up with some good concepts. All together a good read well worth my time & money. To be fair it was a little disjointed at times, but i think this author will just get better and better. With a little more complexity and further character development this is a guy to watch.
4 people found this helpful
on October 5, 2013
The Intruder by Greg Krehbiel has our main character Jeremy Mitchell being thrown into a radically different technological environment and having to learn how to survive. The action really starts to take off after the main character receives an implant which causes him to see people that are invisible to everyone else. With the threat of being another science experiment he strives to figure out what is going on in this new world. The book is very well written as well as delivers a new idea to the whole science fiction genre. The book isn’t without its flaws but overall it is a decent read.
on January 29, 2015
This was a good read, but I had some serious issues that I was not able to overcome. Picture an Amish person moving to a seriously advanced society and adapting to physical modifications in a few weeks - and keep in mind that those born into the society are gradually introduced to those same modifications over many years - and they still have issues. Then, throw in that he is immediately trusted to be a secret agent. On top of it all, the story wrap up did not make sense in that it seems as if there were missing details earlier on. And then there were details that were inconsistent (his wife was murdered, then raped and murdered, and then it was again a murder).

I believe I may have been a bit peeved if I had paid for it.
on September 25, 2013
The writing and editing are good with a couple of minor flaws. The story flows well with interesting ideas and several plot twists that kept me interested. The science is not very deep, mostly handwaving instead of real detail and the characters are good but not great. Worth reading. Another book with similar ideas is Manna by Marshall Brain. Its interesting to contrast the two.
2 people found this helpful
on April 2, 2013
Short read. I enjoyed the book though it lacked some excitement. Characters were well developed but action was a little slow for my taste. It came to a logical conclusion and the science was believeable. I would read other books by this author..
on February 28, 2013
This is a good novel. The story resolves, and if there it's a sequel your not left hanging by this ending. It is well crafted, easy to follow, and full of twists I never saw coming until too late. Just read it all ready.
3 people found this helpful
on December 10, 2012
I'm only a third of the way through it (started it last night) and cannot put it down. I'm recommending it to everyone I know.
4 people found this helpful