Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: QuickBooks Pro 2012 [OLD VERSION]
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports STEM

on October 25, 2012
While the description on Amazon says it's the OLD VERSION, it still installed correctly and accepted the backup file from my accountant. It should work fine for my needs in the future for several years as I am only using it for personal use.

Shipment was fast. Product is excellent.
on September 18, 2012
QuickBooks Pro, wasn't the program I thought it was or what I wanted it to be. My opinion, it's not user friendly unless you know accounting terminology or if your business is set up with exactly how the program runs. I needed to simplify the books; instead you have to key in many different tabs to get the information inputted. What does this provide? A fancy looking report. Not needed for me. I was looking for more of "credit, debit, paid, done," sort of columns. This one is over my head and I used to think I could master all programs given to me, this one not so much. I've learned more about the system, now that I am trying to find all the places to delete my information. No, I didn't do the online help. In just looking at it, I know we wouldn't use it to the fullest extent. I am willing to sell it to the first one that wants it, cheap!
on July 14, 2012
I bought the Quick Books Pro. I'm a novice at book keeping so I signed up for one of the classes (taught by the people that Intuit recommends) for 130 dollars. When I signed up for the class, the instructor recommended that I not down load the disk until class started, that it would take a short time, and that we could personalize the program for my business together. I arrived at class early and we got started downloading the program. We tried and tried and it kept hanging up on files. We'd start over each time. Finally the instructor called support at Inuit. The people at Inuit used remote access to help, and worked on it for a long time, but eventually told me the disk was defective. So in order to finish the class I had to purchase another download from the company (that they sent me immediately by email). Luckily, they matched Amazon's price, but I still wasted 4 hours of class time with a defective disc.

Such a mess. I would have been better off paying the regular price at intuit, getting the class and learning the program instead of wasting my day in class on a defective disc, taking the class a second time and now having to deal with the problems of getting a return on a software item from Amazon.
on February 22, 2013
... QB12 conatins a ton of features and functions many small biz owners will never use -- it ought to be possible to remove these as 'clutter'
VINE VOICEon November 18, 2012
Format: Software|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Quickbooks is just like anything else that has an industry standard, or a monopoly in some cases. Like phone companies, there is some stuff they get away with, some stuff you put up with, and some that is actually innovative. I find this program easy to use, not terribly buggy as others have suggested, and coding was pretty easy. Generating quick P&L ledgers and reports is pretty simple. Nothing much new here. One thing I have been avoiding is Quickbooks for Mac which totally sucks, so I went with a Quickbooks program and VMware Fusion 4 [Old Version]. I find that most Windows programs that run on Mac are awful, so it's better to get the Windows software using the VMWare Fusion 4 or 5 and run it on that. You'll have a much easier time that way.
Overall, this is a decent product - overpriced because there are few alternatives.
on August 15, 2012
I'm a small business owner of a beverage brand. Quickbooks as been one of the worst investments of my time to date. I waste so much time trying to enter all the proper information into it, but it never seems to work right. My margins are always off. My projections don't add up. The reports I run are rendered useless because it's seemingly impossible to get all the information necessary. I created something on Excel which is MUCH easier to manage then trying to perpetually troubleshoot Quickbooks.

Plus the program is ugly. It looks like it was created in 1995. It's clunky, not always logical, and has way too many functions and features that over complicate the most simple tasks.

I've hard Peachtree is much easier. Microsoft Accounting is a simplified, stripped down, user friendly bookkeeping program.

Don't waste your time buying Quickbooks! I don't care how many people use it. Unless you're an accountant, you'll waste time as energy with it.
on February 23, 2012
I just installed this software to use with a class that I am taking at a local University. It was easy to install and fast. I like the sample companies they have available to look at, so you can get an idea what the software is capable of doing. I had used a earlier version of Quickbooks Pro and liked it. Thus far it seems that they have added a lot of features and made it easier to use.
on September 4, 2012
I like the software. I do not use all it's functions, I let my accountant use them. I use it for invoicing, check register and end of year taxes. The thing I don't like is after 2 years you have to buy new software so I can e-mail estimates and receipts. It's funny, I have bought Windows office once in 2000 and the other 2010. Great value and auto-updates. Quick books I have had to buy every 2 years since 2004! No major upgrades or different looks, that I use. This software is way over priced, especially if you have bought it already. People who already have it should be able to buy the updates or new functions if needed. You can buy certain components of Windows w/o buying the whole package. Don't like buying the whole package for an update I don't use. I don't want to have to pay for updates to use Intuits CC services or on-line back ups.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 7, 2014
I've been on Quickbooks for 10 years. it worked fine with a PC but three years ago I switched to MAC. It took them a year to finally tell me I couldn't use Online banking and they got me for another $295 to upgrade so I could. Now a year later and it's so buggy. All my transactions for 4 months disappeared. After 2.5 hours through 7 people on the phone he wanted to charge me $250-300 to go on my computer and supposedly fix a corrupted file.
I don't think it was my file that was corrupted.
on May 10, 2013
This program is a real pain. With the Intuit name on it, I'd expect it to have a much better user interface. So many of the actions I take for granted in Quicken do not work in QuickBooks. Unfortunately, there isn't a good alternative; accountants expect QuickBooks output come tax time.