Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Fall Reading Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 39 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 63 reviews
on March 8, 2012
Before you read the whole story: My review is about downloading/technical support from Quick Books. Its not about how it work. I have not reached that point yet!!

I usually don't write reviews but thought I should on this one. I downloaded this software from Amazon. They have the best price on the net. Unfortunatley once you have downloaded this heavy file which takes around 15-20 minutes on fast download connection, it gives you error. The file has been corrupt. You need to download this again. I tried several times but same result. I called Quick Books Technical support for getting help on installation:

1) 5 Minutes hold -> Got connected to Philippines.
2) Before they will help , they need to create a account.
3) Since you bought from AMAZON, you do not have a support plan. You must buy in order to get help.I had a big argument. I am buying a product to see if this will work or not for our company but they would not help you until you buy a support plan. Free for 30 days and then billed automatically every month. Technical support is aware of the problem. The link from where you download this software does not have updates from QB. This result in file being corrupt and you get frustration at no charge.
4)After arguing with him, he got approval from his manager to help me via remote access.
5)Tech Guy logged in my computer and started a new download which is coming from QB.Why don't they fix the problem!!!
6)I plan to buy more license in future.Tech guy asked me to buy future license from QB only. I told him that I found a better price on Amazon. He said most of the retailers are selling Fake QB license and that is why they are cheaper then them. I hope AMAZON reads this!!!
5)Then they try to sell you the Quick Books Enterprise Software. He got his manager which tried her best to sell and educate me about the product for which I am not even interested.

Isn't this amazing: You plan to buy a product from a company but they would not help you for installation if you don't buy support plan. They will not fix the known issues and will tell you not to buy the products from other retailers who are selling their products.

Talk about Customer Service.....
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on April 11, 2012
Like all previous Quickbooks versions to come before, this one is the same nuts and bolts you need plus a lot of bloated features (most of which you activate for more money.) At the very least it does not seem unstable or buggy, but most of the added features are crap.

Many of the added features seem like a good idea, but fall short in execution. The document center is the worst. There are tons of users like myself who scan receipts and keep them with the invoices that bill for them. Quickbooks now can attach these to an invoice, but this means nothing unless you are in Quickbooks. If you use their internal scanner, you cannot change the save location from the default internal QB location. You can right-click on the document and "save to desktop" but why wouldn't they let you choose the save as location? You now can use webmail to send a pdf. of your invoice instead of Outlook, but you cannot attach the document you attached to the invoice! Why bother! And all your attached documents are so well managed by the cockument center that dumps them into one big folder called "Attachments"-- now that is organization! I'll just continue to use Quickbooks for the bare minimum-- accounting, and leave the rest to dedicated applications that offer full service features.

It won't crash, just suck up resources and charge you more for them each year. I'd give it one star, but it hasn't crashed once so far. Even the drivers for the lousy document center have no problem communicating with my scanner.
on July 23, 2012
While there are some good things about the latest program, an embarrassing flaw unfortunately still remains that has been a problem for years; and for that alone the latest QuickBooks program gets a 1 star rating for utter stupidity.

MAJOR FLAW - If you ever pay bills using "credits" good luck managing a paper trail. While the original QuickBooks program worked fine back in 1995, QuickBooks has been flawed for years and IT STILL DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY! Unfortunately in later programs QuickBooks later decided to start offsetting Invoices with Credits. The flaw is that IF the amount of a bill is LESS than the credit QuickBooks DOES NOT DOCUMENT THAT THE BILL HAS BEEN PAID! (Not on the check stub or any where!) Instead, you are left having to figure out what happened and it really can become a circus puzzle.

It's truly amazing that Intuit can even be in business considering how obviously flawed the program is to perform such a SIMPLE task! While the original program would simply show INVOICES paid and CREDITS applied (seriously, could it possibly be any easier?) There is a stupid trick to getting around this flaw, the last thing I'm going to do is help Intuit.

Also, the annoying alert manager STILL CANNOT be disabled after all these years thanks to the control freaks at QuickBooks.
on December 7, 2013
I felt tricked when I upgraded from the same program, QuickBooks Premier 2006, which automatically came as a 5-User Licensed program. I expected that when I got the same program for 2012 it would also be for 5-Users. The fine print is that they changed their marketing product and now sell a Single user product that is multi-user capable if you buy additional licenses at $225 each!
I felt this was very underhanded. I will never buy an Intuit product again. Too many other good choices. So this is a classic, Buyer Beware.
on March 5, 2014
There are so many issues wrong with Quickbooks, too many to list, and most if not all of these issues could be easily and quickly corrected if Intuit felt threatened by a competitor and actually needed to step up their game.
But no, Quickbooks is one of the only fish in this tiny pond, so Intuit charges outrageous prices and offers the WORST customer service because, really, what else are we going to use, Peachtree? They're just as bad.
on August 21, 2013
We were disappointed that the Quickbooks we bought in October 2012 was no longer supported in June 2013. We were having problems and called the company, only to be told we had to purchase, at full price of course, the newer version. The money we spent in October was just money down the drain. We were not told, at the time we purchased, that we would have to purchase a second within 8 months. We believed we would have it for years, as most people do.
on March 14, 2015
Quickbooks is a good product HOWEVER they force you to upgrade and completely disconnect you from being able to use online and etc if you don't upgrade. That to me is a scam and not cool. Overall Quickbooks does the job of bookkeeping, just make sure you are ready and can afford the upgrad when they pull the plug.
on March 26, 2012
This software has a pretty steep learning curve so be ready. I think in the long run it is going to save me time because I am using the time entry and invoicing portion. I used to do this manually. It will look more professional to have the QB invoices. You should look at the home page to get an understanding of how the money and data flows in QB. I am not an accountant so this does not come naturally to me. Only use the parts of QB that you need then build up slowly. If you only want an electronic check register, stick with Quicken!!!!
on October 19, 2015
Despite all of the negative reviews of this, I had no choice but to purchase this. So I was very pessimistic of it working for my accounting purpose. I must say it worked very well for me during the time I was using it. Did not have any issues.
on June 14, 2016
QBP has added a lot of functionality. It is relatively easy to use. I would like to see a fee more controls especially on cut-off and the ability to change the GJE format.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question