- File Size: 319 KB
- Print Length: 24 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Turning Leaves Press (November 3, 2011)
- Publication Date: November 3, 2011
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0063KJJAI
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #15,816 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
|Digital List Price:||$0.99|
Save $0.99 (100%)
Intuition (a bonus Intangible short story) Kindle Edition
|Length: 24 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled|
Kindle e-ReadersFire TabletsFire Phones
- Similar books to Intuition (a bonus Intangible short story)
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
This is an extremely short story that is well written and thought provoking. Luke and Sera are twin 17 year olds climbing up a mountain for a day of hiking. They both have powers: Sera can heal and Luke can see the future, but cannot change it. Then he sees a vision of his sister dead and the story ends. There is a teaser of the upcoming book Intangible, is about him panicking about her future death and trying to figure out ways to change it.
After reading "Intuition" out loud to several of my children (6-12 years), I asked what they thought would happen. You know, kind of a finish this story type assignment. I didn't read them the teaser from Intangible because it is a little more paranormal and totally not what they would have guessed to be next. One said that Sera should take off her shoes so she was not the person in the vision. Another said not to worry about it because her healing powers were inside her and she would self-heal even if she was dead. The last suggestion was that her brother would get her super healing if she died because they were twins and he would save her; because, "come on, won't these two live forever if they are already different from everyone else?" Not bad, but so not what the author has planned.
Since it is free and quick, it is worth the time to get a taste of J. Meyers writing style which I found concise and fluid. I would definitely read some more from this author and recommend this short story.
Would I/Did I buy it? Free Download
Would I read it again? Probably not
Would I recommend it to friends? Yes
The story is about two twin teenagers, a boy and a girl, who both have special powers. Luke has visions that always come true, and Sera has the power of being able to heal others. Very interesting indeed! It ends with Luke having a vision of his sister's death. I think it's a pretty safe bet that the next book will involve him trying to figure out how to stop this. I will definitely be buying it!
As a YA tale with a supernatural element, I feel that the full length book might be a winner but this bonus story left me frustrated.
This short story is so very well written that in just 16 short pages you find yourself already attached to the characters, picturing the beautiful Vermont mountains in your mind perfectly (and I have never seen them myself, but I now feel like I have), and worrying about things that I won't mention because I do not want to give anything away. This author has a way with words that just pulls you into the story and holds you there until the very last word and even then you just do not want to be let go. It is a very enjoyable short and I recommend it fully.
The only flaw I found to this was not in the story itself. It was in the italics J.Meyer forgot to undo after the last vision Luke has. But it's a small error and only someone as ocd as I am about things will find it a bother.
Because this story is so short, I feel I can't rightfully give it a 5 since there weren't enough pages to give me much of an impression of anything. I do however enjoy the story for what it is.
So I give this book 4 of 5 paws
Freaky Fiction Writing Author
Fae Books Tour Host
Girls <3 Books Tours Host
Around the Universe Book Tours Host
LadyAmber's Book Tours Host
I Am A Reader Not A Writer Blog Tours Host
B3 Book Tours Host
Most Recent Customer Reviews
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Coming of Age
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Coming of Age
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > Teen & Young Adult
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Coming of Age
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Coming of Age
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban