Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.75 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
The Intuitive Way: The Definitive Guide to Increasing Your Awareness Paperback – September 8, 2009
|New from||Used from|
"Rebound" by Kwame Alexander
Don't miss best-selling author Kwame Alexander's "Rebound," a new companion novel to his Newbery Award-winner, "The Crossover," illustrated with striking graphic novel panels. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
A renowned intuitive and visionary shows you how to know what you need to know just when you need to know it.
Intuition is not a rare gift that only a gifted few possess but an innate human capacity that can be enhanced and developed. Synthesizing insights from psychology, East- West philosophy, religion, metaphysics, and business, this hands-on workbook in the tradition of Julia Cameron’s The Artist’s Way, can teach anyone to achieve a heightened state of perceptual vitality and integrate it into daily life. Intuition, writes Penney Peirce, is “not the opposite of logic,” but rather “a comprehensive way of knowing life that includes both left-brain analytical thinking and right-brain communication states.” On a practical level, intuition enables us to learn faster and make quicker, more inspired decisions. On a deeper level, it “is a powerful tool that can heal the painful split we all feel between our earthly, mundane selves and our divine, eternal selves.” Widely praised in its earlier editions, this new edition of The Intuitive Way, with a Foreword by Carol Adrienne, will introduce Penney Peirce’s pioneering work to a whole new readership.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
By its nature, I think intuition is something we all tap into in inherently personal ways, and from my perspective, this book seems like a legitimate tool for anyone pursuing meaningful self-awareness.
1) The benefits of active intuition (on page xxiii): Vital information is giving on some of the benefits of an active intuition such as exciting ones such as your creativity and imagination are going to increase. She also mentions how intuition helps with experiencing more grace, synchronicity, miracles, and good luck. I am told frequently in my life how lucky I am, and reading about the link between intuition and good luck in the book was a healing discovery. I say this because it made me even more aware of the mechanics behind how intuition and good luck is available to people from all walks of life.
2) Keep a Journal (page xxxiv): Exciting details are given on why it is good to keep an intuition diary, and suggestions on how to begin such an exploratory diary.
3) How Intuition Comes In (page 12): There are very vivid details given on the channels that your personal intuition makes its way to you. The exercise that goes along with it makes me think in a more expansive way on how I receive my messages, and helps me understand why I love music.
4) How Information Emerges (page 113): There is information listed on how information is processed through your brain, and ways to maximize this advantage when increasing intuition.
5) Harnessing Dreams and Imagination (pg. 123): Penney gives compelling reasons on why it is important to trust the power of your imagination. I like the story that she used to illustrate this with the musical dreams that one of her clients had. This resonated with me because my awareness spontaneously opened up on paying more attention to the musical dreams that I frequently have.
6) Obtaining Superconscious Guidance (page 149): There is writing on how to go within yourself for answers. The interesting and helpful information on how to improve your self-guidance is very empowering. She generously shares gems such as gleaning wisdom from dreams and working with your "spiritual council".
7) Applying Intuition in Everyday Life (page 169): There is some unique writings included on intuitive life skills involving matters such as how to achieve congruent communication.
8) The Ethics of Intuition (page 208): I found this extremely insightful and helpful that this section was put in there because the principles shared are ones that only bring harmony such as the example of the principle where she emphasizes to always ask permission to help others or to look into their private lives. There are other good principles that Penney also lists that must be honored in following the ethics of intuition.
I also am glad that Penney shared some common scenarios that can happen the moment that you set your intention to increase your intuition. The information contained in "The Intuitive Way" is very soul-nourishing book because it gives information on how to access and increase your intuition as well increasing your ability to believe in the answers that come from within your spirit. Overall, "The Intuitive Way" is a joyful book to get for anyone who intends to increase their intuition.
Part 1, entitled "Creating a Clear Lens," walks the reader through a series of exercises to clean out habits of thought, fears, and unhelpful beliefs which most of us carry around until we do our interior housekeeping. Many exercises resemble the work that so many people do in therapy, that is, uncovering painful issues from the past and clearing them out. This clearing opens up the channel from the "Big Mind," that is, the intuitive mind, so that we can receive guidance.
In Part 2, "Accessing Subtle Information," the focus turns to specific exercises for developing more sensitive perception and awareness. You will find here an emphasis on using your body awareness to tap into your intuitive mind. This makes perfect sense, as being grounded in the physical realm gives us a stable base from which to extend outward into the unknown.
Finally, in Part 3, "Making Intuition Useful," Ms. Peirce leads us through exercises on applying intuition to everyday life. She includes very good information on dream work, working with the creative process, self-healing, and accessing super-conscious guidance, among other topics.
This is really a lovely book. It is down-to-earth and practical, but also leads the reader gently into the spiritual realm. Ms. Peirce does not promote using ESP or telepathy in order to control the future, manipulate others, or otherwise get one's way in life. Rather, she encourages us to open up to a higher consciousness, and live our lives by creating in tandem with this consciousness. Through this work we become more at peace, more loving, more creative, and just plain happier.
Intuition is personal and you may not be able to share with everyone, but this book can be shared. Don't give up being watchful and practicing answers will be given. This book helps you to understand the opening.