Truck Season Automotive Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on November 19, 2014
Woo hoo does happy dance this picks up where the original series left off and we finally we get to see what happened Inuyasha is in for a big surprize and Sesshoumaru an even bigger one in this action packed series follow up. Our favorite hanyous sword gains amazing new ablities power and strength and Sesshoumaru's sword does as well also enabling the brothers swords to do new and surprising things. Tough it is not [ David Kaye ] the original voice of Sesshoumaru [ Michael Daingerfield ] does amazingly well sounding very much like David Kaye, smiles amd fan girl squeal

It starts with [ Goryomaru ] imprisioned behind bars in Naraku's dungeon cell, He and Hakudoshi are plotting to destroy Naraku Hakudoshi asks Kagura to join them in their scheme, Goryomaru is also now able to devour demons. Inuyasha finds out that the creepy infant is hiding inside Moryomaru with Naraku's heart, during a battle with Moryomaru something amazing happens to Sesshoumaru he gets something very special don't wanna give away to much of the plot but it'll make you say about time like I did. Well no more to say if you havent seen it yet check it out Inuyasha fans will love this
on November 21, 2012
Inuyasha just stopped about 6 years ago. Nothing was resolved and everyone was pissed. Thankfully they are giving us the rest. I am thrilled. This first installment has 13 episodes. In the previous releases it would take 4 release dates to get that much ground covered. The series starts off again with some major drama. A major character, who shall remain nameless, dies almost immediately. Inuyasha and Sesshomaru also gain new powers with their swords. Sesshomaru, having cared deeply for another person, gains the power to kill with his Tensaiga. That's a good thing, since his demon sword he used is broken. Inuyasha's Tetsusaiga also gains the power to absorb demonic energy. Koga finds and has an ancient wolf demon artifact bestowed upon him. With our heroes ready to fight and stronger than ever Naraku's future is looking more bleak. Not to mention that almost all of Naraku's incarnattions have turned on him. Including the part containing his heart.

This series is getting better. The only things that I can see that are different are a few cast members. Kagome, and Sesshomaru are played by different voice actors in The Final Act. Don't worry though. Even though there is a difference, the voice actors are very good, and sound very similar to the original actors. It's easy to get used to and doesn't hurt the series at all. Props to the new cast members. Other than that little detail, Inuyasha The Final Act is what we have all come to expect and love. Maybe even a bit better. It's a must see for every anime fan.
on November 30, 2012
After waiting so long and wondering if Viz would ever release this, it is finally here. I just received and finished watching set one of "The Final Act", and while I still wish we had not had to wait so long, the wait was worth it.
My biggest worries were the voice replacements for Kagome and Sesshomaru. Everyone will of course have their own opinions on how well the replacements have done, but I think they both did an admirable job. Coming from me, a HUGE Sesshomaru fan, that is high praise indeed. I was initially heartbroken when I found out David Kaye would not be able to return to voice Shesshomaru. In Shessomaru's first scene when he opened his mouth to speak, I held my breath. Alas, I will miss David Kaye's amazing voice, but Michael Dangerfield does very well. In my heart I tell myself that the alteration in Shesshomaru's voice comes from his change of heart...it works for me!
There has been so much to love about this series. Fantasy, adventure, sword fighting, amazing animation, humor, Japanese setting, great characters. The characters! One of the best things about this series, and this first set of The Final Act, is seeing how much the characters have grown and changed. A few of course change for the worse, but for the most part we get to see all of them grow and change for the better. They become stronger, more courageous, more compassionate, wiser. While I do not want to give spoilers, I will say that the death of one character in particular was among the most beautiful and touching I have ever seen anywhere. Have tissues handy.
If you have been a fan of Inuyasha for years, or have recently discovered it, I don't think this Final Act will disappoint. I myself discovered it years ago, by accident while channel surfing late one night. I will always be so glad I did!
on January 12, 2013
It's been a long time coming, but we finally see the first part of the conclusion to InuYasha'a and Kagome's adventures. Like others, I am disappointed it has taken so long and I wish Viz had made it one box set, not 2 parts, but I am sure they had their reasons.
The story goes at a much faster clip than the original series, mainly because they needed to condense the story from about 20 volumes of manga to 26 episodes. I am disappointed also that they were not able to get the original voice actors, most notably Kagome's and Sesshomaru.( especially disappointing because Sesshomaru has a decent role in this part of the story.) However, that said, their replacements do a very good job and probably only the most devoted fans will care at all. I will be waiting for Feburary to purchase the final installment.
2 people found this helpful
on March 24, 2013
I've been waiting for this forever, it seems. While the entire us voice cast did not return, it does not take away from the quality of this work. If you want the full flavor Of Rumiko's work read the manga as it explores more about what's happening and why in relation to The bad guys schemes. I do not want to put any spoilers here. But an incredible amount was achieved in the little time they had for presentation, story telling purposes. The manga offers so much more info. Parts 1 and 2 are visual delights. And the perfect compliment to your Inuyasha collection. It would be incomplete without this set. Enjoy, it's worth every penny.

JRM

draconisastra
on April 7, 2013
Scammed us a bit in releasing the final season in two parts, but that's not uncommon anymore. As for the story, I'd say it's a good ending for an old and favorite series. Nice that they actually allowed them to go back and finish it out properly. (rather than leaving it hanging or cramming it into a movie). At times it wanders off track on side stories and character development, at first it seemed annoying, but then I realized, that fits the Inuyasha series perfectly, character development and the person touch are the hallmarks of this series. Personally I think they did an excellent job with this and made an ending befitting this excellent series.
on July 11, 2013
I started watching InuYasha off adult swim and was frustrated and sad when they'd stop the story and start over. Little did I realize that the last bits were considered a completely different series and done years later. THANKFULLY, I didn't have to wait as long as the inital fans to have my resolution. Most all the classic characters are back. Some don't last long, and some only get a cameo, but they're there! I won't say any more to avoid spoilers. This series is a little rushed compared to the first series, but I'll take what I can get rather than having nothing at all.
on January 5, 2013
Finally!!!! I couldn't wait for the Final Act to come out, and watched it the day I got it. There's a lot of action as always and a few surprises, which I won't spoil!!! I was so sad when in no time I had watched the entire Final Act. Now I have to wait for the second set to come out. But at least we're finally getting answers to all the questions we had back in Season 9! (I read the manga so I know how it ends, but I prayed for them to release the DVDs of this so I could see it all happen in true anime form!) Bring us the second act and fast!!!!!
on March 27, 2013
Okay, Sesshoumaru is my favorite character, And I was a little worried that the guy who plays him is different from the regular Inuyasha, but the guy does great. Sesshoumaru does a great deal more talking in The Final Act, but his voice is almost the same - to me, anyway. Kagome's voice is different, Too, but it's like Kagome has gotten older and grown up a little, So if you think of her that way, the different voice isn't so horrible. All in all, couldn't be happier I bought it. Love this show, but I'm sad it's finally over...
on March 30, 2014
This year for my husband's 30th birthday I decided to buy the entire series and final acts. My husband has always wanted them but never bought them because of the price. Since it was his 30th, I splurged and he absolutely loved it; he was totally surprised! Video and sound quality is great and it can be watched with Japanese audio or English dubbed. Compared to the season box sets, this was pricey.