Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Invader ZIM - Doom Doom Doom (Vol. 1)” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 65% off the $20.98 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Invader ZIM - Doom Doom Doom (Vol. 1)
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
The two-disc set is loaded with extras that will delight fans of the show, including commentaries by Vasquez and several of the story and voice artists, a second "commentary" of pigs grunting, subtitles in Irken, and the original pilot for the series. The uninitiated may find Invader Zim suggests a cross between Dexter's Laboratory and Jimmy Neutron re-imagined by Tim Burton. The bizarre designs, over-the-top vocal performances, and bodily function jokes are not for the faint-hearted, but they're not supposed to be. (Unrated, suitable for ages 10 and older: cartoon violence, gross humor) --Charles Solomon
- Includes the first nine episodes
- Cast & crew commnetary
- Fan boy commentary
- Pig commentary
- Irken subtitles
- Original art by creator Jhonen Vasquez
Top Customer Reviews
Here's a list of episodes you can expect on this DVD:
- Unaired Pilot Episode (a half-length short starring Billy West of Futurama as Zim) - Commentary with Jhonen Vasquez (Zim Creator, Head Writer, Art Direction)
- The Nightmare Begins - Commentary with Rikki Simons (Voice Actor - Gir and Color Artist), Wally Wingert (Voice Actor) and Jhonen Vasquez
- Bestest Friend - Commentary with Rikki Simmons, Ian Graham (Storyboard Artist) and Jhonen Vasquez
- NanoZIM - Commentary with Rikki Simmons and Jhonen Vasquez
- Parent Teacher Night - Commentary with Rikki Simmons and Jhonen Vasquez
- Walk of Doom - Commentary with Rikki Simmons and Jhonen Vasquez
- Dark Harvest - Commentary with Eric Trueheart (Writer and Various Voices) and Jhonen Vasquez
- Attack of the Saucer Morons - Commentary with Eric Trueheart, Rikki Simmons and Jhonen Vasquez
- Career Day
- Planet Jackers - Commentary with Rikki Simmons and Jhonen Vasquez
- Rise of the Zitboy - Commentary with Eric Trueheart, Rikki Simmons and Jhonen Vasquez
- Invasion of the Idiot Dog Brain - Commentary with Rikki Simmons and Jhonen Vasquez
- Bad Bad Rubber Piggy - Surprise Commentary!
- A Room with a Moose - Commentary with Rikki Simmons and Jhonen Vasquez
- Hamstergeddon - Commentary with Eric Trueheart, Ian Graham, Rikki Simmons and Jhonen Vasquez
While other Irkin Invaders are equipped with SIR's (Standard Information Retrieval Units), Zim is given an assistant put together from pieces pulled from the trash; a GIR. ("What does the `G' stand for?" GIR shrugs, "I don't know.") Ah, the stink of clean!
With GIR's help, Zim must conquer earth. He disguises himself as a human child and attends school. No one suspects him except Dib, an outcast at school with a fixation on alien invasions.
The humor is advanced for Nickelodeon, most likely the reason they finally pulled the show. Body functions and toilet humor abound, along with some great one-liners. Pure cartoon entertainment, especially for fans of Jhonen Vasquez's humor.
My one complaint would be that there are no English subtitles. For those of us who are a little hard of hearing, I like to have subtitles sometimes.
Here's a rundown of the episodes:
Episode One-The Nightmare Begins
On Irkin, Zim shows up late for Invader assignments and is sent away in a random direction with GIR, just to get rid of him. Zim lands on earth, and sets up his base for plotting to destroy the planet.
Episode Two-Bestest Friend
Zim discovers he won't fit in with earthlings unless he has a friend. So he tests several of the kids to find out who will be his bestest friend. The tests include absorbency, electrical conductivity, and one that involved a squirrel and a taxi, but wasn't shown. The winner is Keef!Read more ›
This is a brilliantly set up cartoon and the bizarre humor is hiliarious. Zim has been cancelled and us fans have been dying for a DVD for years. Now it's here. ...Look up there! what a price. What on earth are you doing reading this? Support the Irken empire and buy this DVD!!!!
I'm extraordinarily happy that Invader Zim continues to live as the cult classic it is.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Insanely creative humor. This somehow reminds me of the Saturday morning Warner Brothers cartoons starring Bugs, Daffy and the gang, but on steroids.Published 4 months ago by mc