Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Inventing on a Shoestring Budget!: Insider Tips for Bringing Your Product to Market Without Breaking the Bank!
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports

on January 31, 2008
This book is a wealth of information and a must-read for anyone embarking on the journey of inventing. As the title suggests - this book addresses a problem that plagues many inventors - how to go about protecting and bringing a product to market with little or no finances. The information provided by these proven authors details the steps you need to take to make your dreams and ambitions a reality, along the way debunking myths like the "poor man's patent" (mailing your ideas in a sealed and dated envelope, page 48). If you have a great idea and looking for guidance, this is a sound blueprint clearly written from the point of view of experience and I highly recommend it.
on February 15, 2009
I have read several books on inventing and starting up a business and this is by far the best book I've read about the subject. Most books are packed with stories and a bunch of fluff but this book is strictly facts and information that every inventor needs to know. It covers everything from patents to finances and has so many money saving tips that I had never heard of before! I highly recommend this book and have it on my desk as a constant reference as I build my invention into a successful business.
on January 23, 2012
This book has saved me so much time, money and energy. Great warnings about stuff I was planning to do that wasn't exactly recommended. The book got me thinking about licensing and I believe it's best for my situation. Again, great book .
on July 15, 2008
This book has lots of useful information. The tips will more than pay for the book if you actively pursue marketing an invention. The coupons in the back alone will save many times the cost of the book if you use one or two of them.
on February 13, 2013
I'm an amateur inventor, and this book is a great resource. It gives tips on how to invent your idea, build a prototype, find funding if needed, find manufacturers, distributors, and retailers. It's a wonderful go-to guide for inventing when you can't afford to pay a company to do all the leg work for you.
on March 31, 2011
I have followed the authors throught their articles published in Inventors Digest for many years. I have learned a lot throught their advice. I had been meaning to buy this book for years and finally did. Although I knew most of the things they talked about in the book (mainly due to the articles they wrote) I still learned many things I didn't know. In fact one of the books they suggested was 'How to sell to QVC' (I think it was called.) I ordered this book because of their suggestion and have not been disappointed.
Generally one of the things I liked about both authors is their willingness to share their experiences with others. I also like their 'you can do it' attitude that shows throughout the book and their articles.
If you are trying to get a product on the market I would suggest this book to anyone. It is easy to read, full of insights and direct knowledge and priced right. And the authors seem to be pretty nice people also. Maybe someday I'll meet them and take them to dinner (on me of course).
on November 2, 2010
I have been dabbling at inventing for a couple of years and have read books about inventing also. I have about 8 or 10 inventing books behind me and have learned from all of them, but this one is the best. It gives excellent advice in a wonderfully organized manor. It doesn't bother with trivia, three-page-stories that don't have much of a point, or other fluff. The authors do use their own successful product has an example, but very sparingly and with pinpoint accuracy. I have read other books where somebody thinks their invention should be the center of the world and that is very annoying. The authors have gone a couple of steps further by providing a lot of reference material, some of which I am going to pursue. Try it, you'll like it.
on June 4, 2010
especially for a someone learning there way,i would suggest this book to anyone,web site info, coupons in the back for different things pertaining to people that can help etc. it very helpfully.
on May 6, 2014
I had no Idea how to go about presenting my idea to the market. Now I have something to go on that is downright easy for even me to understand. I am now going to "take the plunge," and give it my undivided attention from now on. Thank you Mrs. Pitts, for sharing, step by step what I need to know to be successfully in my endeavor. I think anyone who is serious about creating a useful item for the public would be delighted to have this book in their possession.
on December 12, 2010
Great book and helps with advice, but still did not know where to start making my idea from. This book did not help by giving step-by-step process just gave a list. Where do people actually go when they have an idea? Who do you call to get your idea made? A break down list would be helpful if someone can write about that. Just advice doesn't get me started.