- File Size: 6343 KB
- Print Length: 474 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: January 23, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01B0X43NU
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,155,340 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
The Inventor's Son Collection Books 1-3 Kindle Edition
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Each of the books in this series deserves at least four stars. Collectively and with the huge cost savings? It's got to deserve that fifth star.
Since they're each standalone books, and that's how I read them, here's my review of each such book:
The Inventor's Son: The Beginning (Prequel)
This is a well written introduction to the lead characters of The Inventor's Son series, its alternative Victorian Era London, and its steampunk mechanics. It's also a fun book in itself even for those who hand no plan to read onwards in the series.
The Inventor's Son (Book 1)
This is a fun steampunk-fantasy mix with interesting characters and a strong plot. I find both of these genres to be a lot of fun so it's no surprise that I found this book to be fun. The writing is nicely done. There probably are some writing glitches as other reviewers noted, but the ones I noticed didn't get in the way of my enjoyment of it. Definitely recommended.
The Scientist's Son (Book 2)
For some reason there are not a huge number of good Steampunk novels published so, if you like the genre (as I do), you tend to treasure the good ones when they come along. SB James clearly knows how to write good Streampunk stories. The Scientist's Son, book 2 in The Inventor's Son series (though it's actually the third book in this setting as the author also write a very good prequel, The Inventor's Son: The Beginning), is a perfect example of that. It's lead Ethan Stanwood is a very well-crafted character, the supporting cast of characters are also complex and well-developed, as is the well-written plot (which is actually growing in its complexity though still easy enough to follow). And, must importantly, as with its predecessor book 1 (which realllybshould be read first), this is just fun to read.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Coming of Age
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Gaslamp
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Historical
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Steampunk
- Books > Teen & Young Adult
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Coming of Age
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Steampunk
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Coming of Age