FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
+ $3.99 shipping
About the Product
- Multiplayer Options: Play through the compelling story on your own or play with others in either co-op or competitive modes.
- Breakthrough Gravity-Defying Gameplay: Learn to maneuver and shoot in an ever-changing state of global gravity, including weightless gameplay in zero gravity.
- Innovative Cover System: With bullets flying, seek cover objects in the environment or manipulate objects to create cover for yourself.
- Pervasive Environmental Destruction: INVERSION have been specifically designed to allow for maximum destructibility using the "Havok Destruction" module.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Take on the role of a young father and husband, Davis Russel, who finds himself thrust into war when his peaceful city is invaded by an unknown enemy. With his daughter missing and conventional weapons and tactics all but useless, this ordinary cop and his partner Leo Delgado will rise up to heed the call of duty, master the fundamental forces of gravity and save the world.
Key Game Features
- Multiplayer Options:
- Play through the compelling story on your own or play with others in either co-op or competitive modes.
- Breakthrough Gravity-Defying Gameplay:
- Learn to maneuver and shoot in an ever-changing state of global gravity, including weightless gameplay in zero gravity.
- Control gravitational forces using your Gravlink device to either increase or decrease the amount of gravity on a given target.
- Command gravity to crush objects in your way, float enemies into range or even pick up cars to use them as mobile cover.
- Innovative Cover System:
- With bullets flying, seek cover objects in the environment or manipulate objects to create cover for yourself.
- Breathtaking Environments and Courses:
- INVERSION have been specifically designed to allow for maximum destructibility using the “Havok Destruction” module.
- Blast through the environments, target your enemies’ cover blasting it to bits or even knock down overhead objects to crush the enemy below.
Top Customer Reviews
1) Gears of War style controls and mechanics. If you're a Gears fan, the controls and even some of the guns will feel slightly familiar. The aiming system is different, and the game isn't as smooth as Gears in how it handles.
2) Gravity powers. I really like this aspect of the game, and this does take the game from being a strictly Gears clone to something else. There are certain situations where using your gravity powers (low and high gravity) are necessary to defeat bosses. The gravity mechanics can become a little boring, but I really love the concept and am hoping for an improved upon sequel.
3) The challenge of the game. I just got done beating Max Payne 3 on hard a few weeks ago, and while Inversion may not be quite as difficult, there are parts on High Gravity (hardest setting) that will have you repeatedly banging your head against the wall and cursing at your tv set! Most of the really tough stuff comes towards the last few chapters of the game, and sometimes it just feels really cheap on the hardest setting, but it's definitely possible to get past the "cheap" sections.
Now for the negatives of the game.
1) The gameplay, while slightly fresh and slightly Gears like, it fails to do the Gears control scheme as well and the slightly fresh (gravity controls) aren't as fresh and unique as I would like them to be.Read more ›
Game starts off slow
Texture pop in is sort of frequent
Frame rate stutters sometimes in high intensity battles
Characters are bland
Voice work is B grade (though it doesnt bother me much)
Story is ok
Guns need just a little more "pow" sound to them.
Cover can be a little iffy at times
Now the good (which outweighs the bad by alot)
Graphics are fantastic, huge draw distances and vivid colors in some areas
Awesome particle effects and destructive cover
Game gets alot more fun once you get more gravity powers
Boss battles are old school arena fights, but are actually fun and challenging
Gun fights are really great and get my blood pumpin
Using the gravlink to hurl things at enemies; offers player creative ways to defeat enemies, rather than just shooting
Varied environments break up repetition
Shifting of gravity in some sections gives you a cool sense of vertigo
Zero G sections are great and dont last too long that you get tired of them
Character animations are great, i like the roadie run and the dodge rolls
Team mate AI seems to be really good, he calls out enemies and uses his gravity powers to help you out during fights
Story takes a huge twist that I did not see coming, really refreshing.
Guns later in the game are unique and fun
Game is decent length for a shooter 8 to 10 hours
Challenging without being frustrating
I love this game, it is my sleeper hit of the year right next to Binary Domain. I did rent this game, but when it gets down to at least $20 i will definitely buy it. Do yourself a favor and at least rent this underrated gem, its at least worth a rental for some of you im sure!
Inversion is basically a series of very small-area high stress combat scenarios that you often have to play through several times before you find "the clean line" to complete it. Between every little area is a cinematic of some sort, and in most cases it is over-acted, under-written garbage. The main character's quest for his daughter is just jibberish. The game is trying to be plot heavy but the plot is very cliche and boring. I'm five chapters in and have spent as much time watching nonsense than playing the actual game.
The graphics and environments are outstanding. The level design is very creative. The vistas are impressive, the art is fantastic.
It is too bad that the game plays, on a technical level, like an amateur cut-rate attempt at Gears of War. The cover system might as well be from the Perfect Dark era. You'll often not stick to cover but dodge/roll into the open. You'll find that stuff that looks like it should be cover, isn't. You'll find popping up out of cover to shoot doesn't follow where you are looking, which can make it very difficult to target quickly. You are always looking over the character's right shoulder, so when he comes out of cover on the left side, he steps wide left -- but when he comes out of cover on the right, he comes out just a bit. That can make predicting shot angles difficult.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
seller was great, condition of game was excellent just the type of game not my style didn't care for the game play not my style ok game if your into that just not for me.Published 8 months ago by natalee cobb
when i bought this game i had never heard of it before and didnt expect much from it, but after i played it for 2 hours i realized it this game had the potential to be a super... Read morePublished 15 months ago by Michael
A third person shooter that lets you manipulate gravity. Sounds pretty cool right? On paper I bet this was awesome in execution though it isn't. Read morePublished 21 months ago by Isiah
The novelty quickly wears off after the first sequence. This game starts off similar in graphics and action like Gears of War, but devolves into a ROYAL pain in the neck. Read morePublished on June 18, 2014 by MtM
Like many have said in their reviews you'll definitely see a big connection of gameplay and characters of this game and the Gears Of War series from game controls to enemies. Read morePublished on January 26, 2014 by Rich(アニメとゲームが優先!!)
the price was right, but the game to me is just mediocre, not great, not bad, just mediocre, so if your just looking for another game to pass your time away, this is it, but if you... Read morePublished on July 8, 2013 by Steven J. Provost