Investing in the High Yield Municipal Market: How to Profit from the Current Municipal Credit Crisis and Earn Attractive Tax-Exempt Interest Income Hardcover – July 10, 2012
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
More to Explore: See More Guides to Municipal Bonds
From the Inside Flap
Until now, readers seeking a working knowledge of high yield munis had two options: they could wade through the rare general reference on the municipal bond markets in hopes of chancing upon the stray nugget or two of useful investing information; or they could take their chances with the superficial coverage provided by the typical do-it-yourself bond guide. Enter Investing in the High Yield Municipal Market. The first and only book devoted exclusively to the subject, it provides investors with the kind of practical, insider information they need to prosper from this little-understood, highly profitable corner of the fixed-income world.
Few authors are as uniquely qualified as Triet Nguyen to write such a book. He is a thirty-year veteran of the fixed-income markets, during which he witnessed the creation of the modern high yield tax-exempt institutional market. Writing from firsthand experience, he chronicles the market's evolution, while providing a gold mine of useful information on its historical performance, and also:
- Develops a conceptual framework for high yield, tax-free investing that factors in both interest rate and credit cycles
- Reviews the latest historical data on municipal defaults, including, for the first time, the non-rated sector
- Frankly assesses the pros and cons of high-yield mutual funds, ETFs, and hedge funds, with insights into how these slickly-marketed vehicles really work
- Offers in-depth coverage of the inherent risks and rewards of the $28 billion distressed municipal bond market
- Features fascinating and instructive case studies illustrating, step-by-step, how the high yield investing process works
- And for investors prepared to do their own homework, Mr. Nguyen, supported by a team of industry experts, supplies in-depth coverage of key investment considerations for several major classes of high yield tax-exempt bonds, offering unique insights into the risk/return, trading, and liquidity characteristics of high yield municipal instruments.
Written by an industry insider and offering the practical, in-depth information needed to exploit the many exciting opportunities available in this fixed-income arena, Investing in the High Yield Municipal Market is an indispensable working resource for institutional and individual investors as well as wealth managers and financial advisors.
- Item Weight : 1.1 pounds
- Hardcover : 264 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1118175476
- ISBN-13 : 978-1118175477
- Product Dimensions : 6.34 x 1.02 x 9.3 inches
- Publisher : Wiley; 1st Edition (July 10, 2012)
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #1,123,282 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews: