Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Fergie Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 14 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 19 reviews
on March 26, 2012
Larry Swedroe and R C Balaban have written a little book that enumerates some 77 mistakes that the average investor makes. The book can be read in any order and each mistake is carefully explained to the reader. I have all of Larry's prior books and they are a big help in my investing program.
This new eBook is another gem. It contains the do's and do not's gleaned from his other books,carefully organized, a valuable guide for the average investor. When I finished reading the book I thought here is a first aid kit for the investor frightened when the stock market crashes. Larry has cleverly used some of the interesting features of eBooks. For example in the index find the term and then with one click your are taken to the exact place where the word or term is explained in detail. And with one click returned to the exact place you were when you left the text. This feature saves lots of time and makes reading comfortable easy.Use that little arrow in the upper left hand corner of your screen to use this feature.

The glossary and index are helpful to the new investor who may not be able to understand the technical terms used by many writers of financial books. You will find that you will be using this book many times after you first read the volume. and using these features long after you have finished this eBook and reading other financial books.

One thing about any of Larry's books is that each point is carefully and clearly explained. You never have the feeling what was he talking about.I buy all my books on investing from Amazon and my book cases are full of them. Any book that does not fit your requirements can be returned , no questions asked postage paid. Once I purchased a school book for my grandson and he called me to explain that the professor had changed the book for the class. College text books are extremely expensive and Amazon arranged that he returned the book and my purchase price was promptly credited to my account without questionj.
on March 19, 2017
I found this book to be interesting and informative. At this time, I'm not sure I buy into everything the writers are saying. When they quote statistics, they seem to cherry pick time periods which fit the point they're trying to make, instead of consistently using the same long time horizon. Also, the book only focuses on equities. I wish the book talked about bond investing. However, the book has me thinking a lot and I will continue to read more on the subject.
on February 14, 2012
This book is for both the new investor or the "experienced" investor. Note that "Experienced" is in quotations. One of the pitfalls of investing is that we have a tendency to think we are smarter and wiser than we actually are. This is a reality check. Just when you think you know what your doing , this book takes you through the pitfalls and causes you to stop and think about what you are doing. I would recommend it to anyone who is investing in the market. Read it even if you have a financial advisor. Remember...if advisors were as smart as they think they are, they'd be billionaires. It will save you far more money than the cost of the book.
on September 25, 2015
This book is terrible at providing investment advice to experienced investors. In addition, I found the author's style to be more condescending rather than helpful. The research that the author provides is out of date and not very well laid out. In this book you quickly realize 'the smart investor' isn't so smart. This book is not worth your hard earned money or time.
on April 29, 2012
This book was a bit of a shock in that the author basically lambastes everything I thought I knew about investing. The author is probably right but it would be a little more helpful if for those of us who are invested in the wrong things, we were given direction on how to correct our portfolios. For us older folks who have been invested for a long time we've lost those years of better returns. In any case its a bitter/sweet read.
on September 2, 2017
Follow this guy - and you will be in a better place financially
on January 30, 2012
I encourage anyone looking for real success in investing to read this book. It is my humble opinion that Larry Swedroe is one of the best authors in the financial guidance business. I believe the mistakes outlined in this book can save investors from a lifetime of poor investment decision making.
on May 20, 2012
Another good investment book by Larry Swedroe.I Like the question format used in this book. If you stick to this method of low cost diversified index fund investing you have a much better chance of reaching your finacial goals than chasing the Wall Street carrot on a stick.
on June 19, 2015
Not really what I was looking for ... a Q&A format that didn't hold my interest very well.
on July 19, 2014
Larry is a great person to learn from. He helps to simplify things! If you like this book check out his blogs too.