- Paperback: 992 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 3 edition (April 17, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118130731
- ISBN-13: 978-1118130735
- Product Dimensions: 7 x 1 x 9.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 61 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #46,022 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Investment Valuation: Tools and Techniques for Determining the Value of any Asset, University Edition 3rd Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
More to Explore: See More Valuation Resources
From the Back Cover
Valuation is at the heart of any investment decision, whether that decision is buy, sell, or hold. But the pricing of many assets has become a more complex task in modern markets, especially after the recent financial crisis. Now completely revised and updated to reflect changing market conditions, the Third University Edition of Investment Valuation provides expert instruction on how to value virtually any type of assetstocks, bonds, options, futures, real assets, and much more.
Written by noted valuation authorityand acclaimed New York University Stern Business School ProfessorAswath Damodaran, this reliable resource uses real-world examples and the most current valuation tools to guide you through the theory and application of various valuation models. Along the way, it provides comprehensive coverage of:
- The valuation lessons learned from the recent market crisis
- Using real option theory and option pricing models in valuing business and equity
- Valuation of unconventional assets, financial service firms, start-ups, emerging market companies, and many other traditionally valued assets
- Probabilistic approaches in valuation, such as scenario analysis, decision trees, and simulations
- How to choose the right model for any given asset valuation scenario
A perfect guide for those who need to know more about the tricky business of valuation, the Third University Edition of Investment Valuationwhich includes an instructor's companion sitewill be an essential asset to anyone learning about this critical part of the investment process.
Top customer reviews
No one does a better job than he does.
Small growing companies making losses, large behemoths lumbering to extinction, Mr Damodaran has a way to value them all.
His blog is really good and the fact that he makes his spreadsheets available to download is literally priceless.
Deals with all kinds of issues in valuation such as Net Operating Losses, Operating Leases, Research and Development Expenses, Stock Options, RSUs, and Cost of Capital Calculations.