Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only: $44.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on August 11, 2012
I was a bit hesitant to purchase this watch because Invicta seems to have a lot of negative publicity amongst the watch forums concerning quality. It seems to be a hit and miss thing, some are built well and others seem to be junk. I decided with Amazon's easy return policy I really couldn't go wrong and bit the bullet. Upon receiving the watch the first thing I noticed was the case the watch comes in. It is a HUGE yellow waterproof case, with foam cutouts for 3 watches. Very impressive packaging for sure. I plucked the watch from the foam and gave it a few shakes, movement started right up no problem. There is no doubt this is a watch designed to resemble a Rolex Submariner, but it looks like a Submariner on steroids. I have a roughly 8" wrist and this watch pretty much covers the entire top of my wrist. Since I'm headed towards the big 40 I can't see like I used to, so I like big watches and I have no problem seeing this one at arms length.

The movement of this watch is a high quality Seiko built NH35a, this is a great "bang for the buck" movement, and has a good track record for reliability so far. It's Seiko so you can likely find a local jeweler that can service it if you desire, and obtain parts. This is a 21,600 BPH movement so the second hand sweep is fairly smooth but not perfect, but you are not going to find an ultra smooth 28,800 BPH in this price range. Upon receiving the watch it gained around 25 seconds daily. I have regulated the movement and have it tweaked to around 4 seconds gained daily, very respectable for a mechanical watch under $150! This movement also hacks (stops the second hand when you pull out the crown) so it is easy to synchronize if you're a fanatic about such things like me. In addition to hacking this movement also has the ability to be hand-wound with the crown, so if you don't wear it every day it is a simple task to fully wind it up without a winder or an arm workout. This movement winds in both directions so if you do use a winder you can set it to alternate. I believe the reserve is somewhere around 40 hours on this movement when fully wound, I haven't tested this as it has been on my arm every day since I got it.

On the the casing/externals of the watch... This watch is rather heavy, no surprise given the size. The sides/back of the watch are highly polished, the front is brushed. The back of the watch is a screw-on stainless steel, highly polished with an exhibition window. I can not tell for sure if the window is mineral glass or acrylic, though I believe it to be glass. The crystal is flat mineral glass with a date magnifier, it would be easy to find a generic replacement if you damage it. The watch features a scalloped edge uni-directional (CCW) rotating bezel. I feel that the bezel is a bit tight but it will likely loosen up some with use, I can turn it no problem with my bare hands but in gloves it might be hard. Water resistance is claimed to be 1000 feet/300meters, I haven't tested that to the limit but it did fine in the shower and washing it in the sink. The crown is a screw down design, and I found it a bit difficult to get it screwed back in at first. This is my first watch with a screw down crown so I attributed my difficulty to operator error and indeed I now have no problem at all securing it. The dial has lume on each hand, as well as each hour marker. There is also a dot of lume on the bezel at the 60 mark. The manual says this lume requires 5 hours in the light to charge up for sufficient performance, but even after 5 hours under my very bright desk lamp performance faded quickly when I headed into the dark. After 2 hours it was visible but barely. I have other watches with illumination I generally wear at night so not a major issue for me. The band is very hefty and very long, on my 8" wrist I have 6 holes left to make it bigger, 2 to go smaller. The band has brushed stainless steel inserts which look nice but reduce the flexibility of the band in that area, and I also feel they are an area where the band will eventually fail. I would have preferred to not have the inserts though they do permit the wrist to breathe which is nice. The buckle is also brushed stainless steel. If you decide to remove the band take note it is a very difficult task to put it back on. The band hugs the watch casing very tightly so it is very difficult to get the spring bars back into the holes, also the spring bars are very close to the case so replacing with a thick band may be difficult. Like all watches of this style I feel it would look really nice on a NATO strap which is probably what will happen when the band deteriorates. Lug spacing is 22mm so you have many options.

Overall I think this is a good watch given the pricing, and I am very happy with it. I hope it holds up over time, as I hear Invicta's service department is horrific to deal with.
11 comment| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 18, 2015
The watch is ok but dont let the description fool you, it is a Japanese movement! Totally falsely advertised!
on December 8, 2012
Way too big. If I had known how bulky this watch was, I wouldn't have bought it. Might as well strap an alarm clock to my wrist. Did I mention that it's not self winding and doesn't have a battery so if you don't wear it daily, you'll be setting it daily. On the plus side - it looks good.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 6, 2012
The big yellow box containing the watch was impressive but once opened, the big surprise was the quality of the timepiece inside. The movement was flawless, the band was set to fit my wrist just right and the fit and finish were excellent. The see-through back revealing the self-movement mechanism ws an added point of interst. Bottom line, this purchase exceeded my expectations in quality and performance. Great price, great timepiece.
on October 6, 2012
Excelent sport watch. The accuracy is almost perfect. If you like the big watches, buy it at an a very low price.
on June 11, 2015
I absolutely love it. at first I was confused about the watches movement, but after I called the company I found out it was the moment I wanted. thank you very much.

on November 1, 2012
I received the watch from delivery when I first opened the box I was so impressed with the water proof watch case the watch itself is strong and feels very expensive the way I like it I would recommend this product to anyone who wants to buy an invicta watch
on August 10, 2015
Bought it as a gift. My brother loves it! Solid watch. Looks good.
on June 15, 2015
it,s the same as describe,nice,like it.
on October 6, 2012
A little price you can have a beautiful and accurate mechanical wristwatch.
Comfortable even if very large. only fault I would have given more money to have the sapphire crystal.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.