Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 10 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 10 reviews
on July 16, 2016
So before I knew anything about the Invicta brand, I thought I had a modestly good collection of timepieces. I'm familiar with Citizen, Diesel, Bulova, Fossil, and Guess to name a few. But then my buddy introduced me to the Invicta line of watches. I was definitely intrigued by the design styles that I'd seen on their website, so I decided to pull the trigger and try them out. Delivery was fast with no issues at all. As soon as I unboxed this magnificent beast of a watch that was inside, I realized that my current collection of timepieces could not compete with this level of action. My palate for wrist watches had instantly changed forever.

The best way to describe their watches, is that they are made for the competent and confident individual. This one in particular was beautifully crafted, and the level of detail put into this is phenomenal. The all black watch band with the gold cabling laced throughout presents that "pop" that I was looking for. The large crown and push buttons are sturdy and tough indicating that they will not bend or brake easily. The face is beautiful, the second hand alone has the signature "R" that looks amazing, and you can tell just from looking at this watch that the amount of work spent on the little details was a top priority. I am absolutely happy with this purchase and am already looking to purchase another.

The only downside to this watch is that it really made me not want to even wear any of my smaller timepieces anymore. My other ones aren't even on the same level. Childsplay...fragile...light. I once thought they were good watches with decent weight and good craftsmanship. Don't get me wrong, those other brands are very nice quality as well, but they do not hold a candle to Invicta.
on February 15, 2014
Like all Invicta watches, these are built for MEN. They're huge. So know what you're buying before you check out. That said, if bold is your everyday statement, then this is a great everyday watch for the bold at heart. I've whacked it pretty good a few times already, because I'm fairly clumsy and it still doesn't have a scratch on it. The crystal is holding up well and the black finish is still pristine. Even the buckle which seems to be the same black coated stainless material as the case looks new and all the weight of my hand and arm is on it when it slides around on my desk when typing and so forth.

Overall I'm impressed with the quality. Great buy. I would recommend looking at all of the Zeus Bolt watches on Invicta's website before you buy though. I've already found another one I want - several actually. Looks like this is going to be the first in a collection. Enjoy!
on January 18, 2013
This is my third Invicta Reserve and my wife has one. We haven't had a bit of trouble from any of them and they all perform excellently. I'm always impressed with the quality of finishing on Invicta's watches. This is no exception. The yellow gold accents against the black ion plating on the case makes for a striking contrast and an expensive look. The case featues both brushed and polished black IP surfaces. All in all something more dressy than the typical all black "stealth" look of most blacked out watches. The 12299 is beautiful and unique. It's a very large, heavy, and towering watch but due to it's design and black color still manages to look sleek, mysterious, and very classy. It all makes for quite a presence on the wrist and will garner alot of attention from others.

Much has been said of the perhaps most visually notable feature of the Zeus models. That's their "cable" design accents. These are actual steel cables. Not stamped or molded. Each cable is made from tiny individual strands of steel, each of which is individually gold plated in this case, that are spun into small cables. Several of these cables are in turn twisted together to form larger yet still small steel cables. Invicta says that alot of work went into being able to incorporate this feature into the sides of the cases. Quite a bit of effort and detail just for a decorative accent. But that's indicative of the detail Invicta puts into the finishing of their cases. The finish on my 12299 is flawless. The gold plated features on the dial, hands and markers, along with big date of the Ronda 8040N movement make reading the dial much easier than with the usual blacked out faces.

I'm not a fan of straps in general and especially not polyurethane ones. Too stiff for my taste and I usually find them uncomfortable as they never seem to really "break in". Not so with this strap. Even though Invicta states that it's poly, it feels more like a silicone strap. Supple and rather comfortable right from the start. A very pleasant surprise. For any that might be familiar with the classic full size Invicta Venoms, (I have one) some complain about their comfort. That being due to sharp curvature of the lugs. While the case of the Zeus is of nearly identical size and heft of the Venom, the Zeus lugs have a much more gentle curve. The watch lays on the wrist just beautifully and is wonderfully comfortable to wear.

What surprised me the most was the ion plating itself. Invicta uses some beautiful metals on their watches but they scratch easily. Especially the polished finishes. Care must be taken and if you lay your watch down, lay it wih the crown facing down to help avoid scratching. I was concerned with the durability and the ease of which the IP might scratch. IP at it's best is actually supposed to increase the hardness and scratch resistance of the surface it's apllied to. Unfortunately most don't and many scratch and wear off easily. An accidental but serious bump put my fears aside. If this had been one of my silver Invictas, it would have certainly left a noticeable scratch. Yet on my 12299 there wasn't a mark on it. Very nice!

I do have three cons though. First, on the Zeus models that use the Ronda 5040.D movement the large chrono hand is solid Tritnite and Invicta says so in their description. It makes no such statement in the description of the models that use the 8040.N. Properly so since they're not. Yet they're painted to look like they are. Why go to the bother to make it look like it when obviously you could use the real thing? Illogical to me, especially since the large chrono hand is undeterminable in very low light yet the other gold hands can be read. But this leads me to the second con which I guess makes the first point somewhat moot. That's because the Tritnite that Invicta uses, even when fully charged, loses it's luminosity rather quickly. I understand that they've begun using Super Luminova on some of their newer models and hopefully it's "lume" lasts longer. My third con is more serious IMO. While the crown is a screw down type the pushers are not. Even though I've yet to engage the chronograph accidently, I still feel Invicta should've incorporated that feature in a watch such as this.

Despite the cons the 12299 gets a very enthusiastic endorsement from me. Presently all of my Invictas share the same 8040 engine and they've all performed perfectly. With my aging eyes I like the big date and the retrograde day is a nice, fun function for me. With the 12299's black face and charcoal markings it's nice to be able to tell the date at a glance. Due to it's comfortable shape, a supple for poly band combined with a beautiful, unmistakeable and striking presence it's a joy to wear and own.

PS I don't usually make remarks about sellers in my reviews but in this case I felt an exception was necessary. I bought this watch here on Amazon and the seller was My Watch World. There was a mixup with regard to the display box the watch came in. This was due to an inaccurate picture posted by Amazon. I contacted MWW about this and their responses were extremely swift and thorough. Very courteous and professional. They got back to me by both phone and email and had the issue resolved immediately. They had the proper box out to me that day by priority mail at no expense to me. They also did wonderful followups to make sure I was satisfied. Outstanding price and customer service. I will be gladly buying from MWW again and they get my highest recommendation!
on June 27, 2015
Wow power watch with huge attitude very good value and quality
on December 28, 2015
awesome
on December 9, 2014
they are very good seller, i do recommend !
on October 20, 2014
good product
review image
on April 5, 2015
I bought this watch about six months ago and didn't wear it for quite some time. I started wearing it, and took a shower with it on recently and
noticed that there was water inside the face of it and so obviously it is not waterproof as it is advertised. I would not recommend it to anyone.
And of course there is no warranty as promised. That was a lot of money to be leaking.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 29, 2014
esta precioso
on July 26, 2014
This one has the day indicater....beautiful beast.