Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Invicta Men's 1430 II Collection Black Stainless Steel and Leather Watch
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports

VINE VOICEon September 19, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This watch comes in a very nice bright yellow leather or leather-like presentation case so the initial impression is great. The watch face itself is very large which seems to be the style. I like that it is easy to read the time although the three smaller dials are less easy to decipher and the date is also very small indeed. In appearance, it looks just like in the picture except somehow better. It has a look and feel of high quality. The timer is easy to use - I was able to set and pause and restart it without reading the instructions.

Update 11/13 - After only two months, the pointer broke off the timer and is now floating around the face of the watch under the crystal. The timer was used once daily. The watch was not dropped nor treated roughly. The watch itself continues to tell time correctly.
on September 21, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a review of the Invicta Men's 1430 Chronograph Black Dial Leather Watch (Black).
I will be comparing it to the Invicta Men's 0764 II Collection Black Dial Black Leather Watch (Stainless
steel).

Both watches are Invicta analog with leather bands.

Currently the 1430 is listed as unavailable but the 0764 is available to buy and is similar in many ways.

For both watches:
1. The dial is big and easy to read even without glasses
2. The luminescence on the hands stays bright enough to see for about 90 minutes
3. Because the watches are so large they occasionally get in the way during a task like cooking but overall it is very comfortable to wear.
4. I note almost every Invicta review I have read, no matter what the watch, has mentioned keeping good time but mine gained over a minute in the space of two weeks.
5. Very durable. My watch gets banged around all the time and seems no worse for the wear.
6. Both are sold for under $100 and both original price tags are $595.00
7. Despite the fact that they are both big watches, they are not too big. It's very wearable and gets lots of compliments.
What is different:
1. Aesthetically, I definitely like the look of the 0764 better. The 1430 looks cheaper and in the wrong light it almost looks plastic like. The leather bands on both are rugged, nice looking and comfortable.
2. The 1430 has a stop watch that counts second to second on a manual dial.
3. The 1430 shows the calendar date in a little window. On the 0764 the date is on a manual dial and hard to see.
4. The 1430 is 2mm smaller than the 0764 but you can notice that difference. I think a woman could definitely pull off the 1430.
VINE VOICEon September 20, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The Invicta 1430 is a professional, high-quality chronograph with a solid, masculine feel. As a U.S. Marine who now finds himself wearing business suits more than body armor, I appreciate a watch with a rugged feel that I can wear in either a business or casual setting. This watch hits that mark. It feels like a dive watch blended with the leather interior and polished black exterior of a luxury automobile. The face is large with easy to read markings - it would work for men with poor eyesight - and it makes a visual impact. On a smaller gentleman, or one with small arms, the watch may prove disproportionately large - which may be a desired effect for a fashion-conscious teen, but maybe not for a businessman.

Please feel free to view the uploaded photos (above) of me wearing the watch to give an idea of the size and look of the watch as worn with a business suit. If have any questions or comments, please let me know by leaving me a "comment".
review image review image
on September 8, 2015
Invicta a watch company that stands behind their product. In a real world of manufacturing things sometimes go wrong and a bad batch may be produced, it's only how the manufacturer handles that problem thereafter that really matters. A gift for my wife a very cool looking watch needed some attention all that mains to be said, they rectified the problem by sending her a brand new one. A good company deserves the praise, so yes look at Invicta for that gift I'm sure they will have one for you.Thank you INVICTA you lived up to a very good reputation.
on February 18, 2016
Wish I could give 5 stars. The watch is beautiful but when I got it in really didn't look at it too closely but when I finally put it on a month later I noticed it had an imperfection near the 1 under the glass. I wear it anyway.
on December 23, 2011
This watch is a great value for a great price. The watch arrived on time, and was as advertised. It is attractive and functional. The large dial makes it easy to read and the chronograph funtion is easy to use. The watch band is a little stiff and squeaky, but this should lessen with use. Be advised that the chronograph does not reset instntly after use, but requires the dials to turn backward to their initial positions - a surprise, but not a problem once you know to expect it. I am fully satisfied with this purchase.
on October 27, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is yet another Invicta watch I add to my collection. The one I got prior to this one was the 0764 II, which follows the same trend of being a big watch. While the 1430 is slightly smaller in size than the 0764II, it is still quite big if you are not into this type of watches. Because of its size, numbers are quite easy to read, worth mentioning as I know people who see this as an advantage over other watches.

As for me, I am loving it! It has a very casual look but kind of elegant at the same time. The black is a little bit shiny for my taste but it does not look bad at all. By simply looking at it you can tell it is very well made and durable (I get compliments on it every time I wear it), the leather band with its white stitching also adds to the look. It is comfortable to wear for its size, but what I have noticed is that the band is a little bit noisy, it has a squeaky sound if you move it too much, which also may draw a little bit of unwanted attention.

Contrary to prior Invicta watches I have owned, this one did include instructions on how to setup, setup on these can be very tricky as described in my review for the 0764II.

Three small dials are included, one is a 24 hour dial, the other two are used for the stopwatch function and they count seconds and minutes. To set it up, the middle crown sets time on the second click and date on the first. Additionally, it also has a stopwatch function, I have included a picture of the instructions in case they were not included in your big yellow box.

If you are into this kind of watches and are looking to get one, I can definitely recommend this. If I had to choose between this and the 0764II, I would go for the second, not that there's anything wrong with this one, but I prefer the silver look and a non-squeaking band.

Bottom-line, another great addition to my watch collection with the quality you can expect from an Invicta
review image
on December 10, 2012
I have hit this watch on things many times and it never scratched at all. The black on black on black looks very nice and the hands actually glow in the dark if you didn't know which is awesome. They glow and they aren't green during the day! The time is very easy to read, and I love the large face. I also like the leather band. Won't be breaking anytime soon.
on January 13, 2014
It's impresive once you actualy put it on your wrist but works nonetheless..
The dials is big, glows blueish once you keep it in the light for like 5 minutes..leather strap seems sturdy and all the small dials work as intended. You also get some instructions with setting and working with the cronographs..for 60 bucks/item I bought 2.
on February 10, 2016
Great watch. Much thicker than I was expecting but only took a few days before my wrist got used to it. Nearly impossible to wear with tight sleeves though as it keeps getting caught. The stiff leather band broke in nicely in about two weeks. Glow in the dark face stays visible for a decent amount of time, albeit dimly. One problem I am noticing is that the stop watch second hand is not resetting to 60 as it should; it's staying at about "3" when I reset it (took off a star for this issue).

See 1 answered question